Orgasmic Organics w/Mjmama

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by mjmama25, Mar 19, 2014.

1. OK, OK, you got me on that. Relatively small at least. Last season I started my bigger plants in January. This year I didn't crack a single seed until a couple days ago.

2. I just planted an 818 Headband seed in a party cup. My Sour Kush, Stacked Kush, and 818 Headband are getting the best spots in the garden. The Flowerbomb and Sugar black Rose will probably get started later and go by the fence. Then a Blue OG will go in my 100 gallon smartie. Thats if everything goes according to plan. I have lots of backup seeds if any of these fail. It's so hard to narrow down which strains I want to grow!

3. its always the biggest problem to whittle down the list to that final decision. I am still up in the air with a couple but either way anyone who doesnt go outdoors will be light depped in the ghouse or at my buddys place. Got 2 light deps running forspring this year ;) get a jump start

4. Hey i dont mean to be off topic or anything but it seems like nobody can answer this question in other threads. How much diatomaceous earth should i put in my soil?

Sent from my EVO using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Good to see you are gonna keep growing with what happened last season. I'm subbed and we can compare FlowerBomb this year.

6. #26 RichardDean, Mar 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2014
    if ur adding dry ammendments to a base mix i wouldnt put more then a cup maybe half cup per cubic foot. Ur best bet would be to mix it with equal parts, dolomite, and oyster shell and use 1 to 2 cups of that per cubic foot.

7. I'm glad Richard answered that one because I only use it as top dressing for pests. I use it pretty liberally that way.

8. I went out this morning and found that Diesel has destroyed 3 of my party cups with seedlings in them. My 818 Headband, my Sour Kush, and the LA Woman I was starting for a friend. I managed to fish my two seedlings back out of the rubble, but I'm sure the LA Woman is making it's way down his small intestine by now. Fucking dog is supposed to protect the plants, not eat them. Looks like I need to buy some hot peppers to rub on the outside of the party cups. That'll learn him.

9. thats the easiest way to introduce it into soil I never mix it directly in anymore. Just see no need myself but cant hurt if ur gung ho on mixing it in.

10. I got rice hulls in my soil mix and use protekt as well as have rock dusts that containsilica as well.

11. oh no when i first had rosie she liked to jump into the smarties and dig and after i smacked her on the nose and yelled at her she never did it again. Discipline with these dogs is a must. Show them who is boss.

12. Thanks :)

13. #33 mjmama25, Mar 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2014
    Rosie is a sweetie. Diesel is BY FAR the most stubborn dog I've ever had. Ringo is 100% obedient. But Diesel is still a headstrong puppy. He makes me nuts. He'll learn eventually. It just takes a lot more effort to submit him than an average pup. I found the damage this morning and punished him. Replanted the seeds and 20 seconds later he was back over there getting into shit. He got a good swat on the nose and locked in his dog house since then. He's basically so big and strong that it would take a nuclear bomb to get through to him lol. Gotta keep zen. I know he will learn with age.

14. Yeah just like raisingkids takes time. Thats all it takes usuallyis a quick swat on the nose and they get the point. Nowi just raise my voice and she behaves. Haha

15. It's funny. I know he is smart. He listens to basic commands, comes up with cool ways to play by himself, and can manipulate humans like a pro hahaha. He's just terrible about eating things still. He loves dirt and all my amendments. Its like a kid in a candy store.

16. Yeah and gotta be careful cause dogs can get really sick eating some of those ammendments.

17. Oh I know. Its a constant battle to keep him out of things. I keep the bulk amendments locked up, but as soon as I add them to the soil he starts digging and going nuts. He'll eat potting soil if I let him. I had to get rid of all potted plants when he was a puppy and I had the raised beds covered with leaves to detour him. But the more I work in the garden, the more he wants to "help" lol.

Since he ate the neighbors seedling, I let them pick another strain from my stash. They chose the white lavender. That will be nice to get a jar of this fall. :)

18. just keep the cups uphighona table so hecantget to em hehe

19. I made a cage around them now. I had them up high on a stack of cinder blocks but he found them anyway. When he's on his hind legs he's as tall as I am. And if he smells something he wants thats up on a table he will just slam into the table to knock stuff down. No drink is safe! Once we took something away from him and put it up on top of the toolshed. He climbed on a bike, onto the the dog house, and up to the tool shed roof to get the thing we took from him. He's too smart for how big he is.

20. Man hes a determined fella isnt he. Haha