GreenHacks PC Case Indoor and Balcony Outdoor grow 2014

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by GreenHackTM, Mar 18, 2014.

1. You won't regret it bud. Northern lights is a great producer. In fact I will be cutting mine this evening. She smells amazing, not tropical like the rest of my outdoor girls, but she smells amazing none the less

2. Ah man, I need to see this dude.

You got me twitching to start growing a northern now!

3. Haha as you should be, she is very good producer when grown under the proper conditions. Had I been given more lighting for her during flower outdoors she would have been a massive beast. Be that as it may, she still was a heavy producer for me as I had to maneuver her three times so that her buds wouldn't snap on me.

4. #544 GreenHackTM, Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2014
    Well northern is still pushing new buds out. In fact she just popped a couple of new hairs on each bud site..so I believe I'll keep waiting a couple more days maybe a week more

5. How do ya know when she's ready (sorry, noob question)

6. #546 GreenHackTM, Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2014
    Usually when 50% or more of her hairs turn brownish/ redish and she has also stopped producing bud.

You can also monitor the trichomes and determine when she's done by the color of her trichs. On my indoor girls I use the microscope, on my outdoor girls I did use the microscope once but read for my specific microscope it's better used indoors.

Also, we were all noobs before when it came to cannabis. I am lucky as I have been a farmer all my life, having a green thumb was natural and all I needed to do was read books on it and I also read many journals by one of my friends on here 'RichardDean' and learned the same way you are learning.

Don't be afraid to ask questions!

7. #547 GreenHackTM, Oct 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2014
    Here is northern lights harvested on day 69 of flower and 113 days total

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1414726836.346816.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1414726870.379609.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1414726890.279453.jpg

There are a couple more hangers full of bud drying that aren't pictured.

This super auto northern is an amazing producer, especially given the low light for flowering!

Can't wait to get a dry weight

8. Looking good mate  :yummy:

How much do you want from each plant and how much you expecting?

You doing micro grows only?

9. Well there's only one plant I just harvested. Northern lights was just one plant. Next year I'll have more northern super autos growing in my outdoor.

As far as micro grows go, I'm upgrading to a larger grow soon where I'll be using 20-30 gallon smart pots and have a much higher light intensity.

10. Sounds great GH. Wish I had the space - I'd love to have a tent with more than 2 plants. The pc case is limiting, but I guess for me, it's better than nothing!

11. Yeah man the pc case is better than nothing, and when used correctly you can yield a pretty penny! I have yet to try the mainlining as I know thaw heavy stress to the plant. But I did use these methods on my other current journal

Topping
    Scrogging
    And I vegged my photo period plants out for a total of two months.
    I also took clones, which just rooted and one was placed inside of my server case that just finished, while it's mother sits side by side in her server case flowering.

There are tons of methods out there to yield heavy amounts with small micro grow type settings.

Damn I just went back and read over everything I typed, I'm rambling lol.. I'm pretty baked right now, just tried Northern lights, this is my first time trying northern.

Will post a review of this strain later

Anyways I hope you all will continue growing! As I'm not giving up on my micro grow, I'm just needing a bigger setup to prepare for strong summer start next year :)

12. #552 GreenHackTM, Nov 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2014
    Beautiful nugs! Northern lights greenhouse was by far my highest yielding outdoor grow so far.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1414969101.731174.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1414969135.080227.jpg

Edit sorry forgot to list total weight; 13.23 grams

I still have some more trimming to do on the buds. But over all that's the final weight from one plant grown on a balcony setting with 8 avg direct hours of sunlight.

Used LST and a couple other methods

All organic grow

This is the end of my summer grow journal.

Here is a link to my current grow

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1324544-Greenhacks-Fall-2014-Slowly-Expanding-Grow-Show

Any grow is better than no grow man. Props for even having a grow.

Damn GreenHack; they're gorgeous!!! Is that half an ounce?!?!?! Well done man.

Yeah man agreed on that. 

14. Thanks bud! Yup it's a little under a half ounce by about .7 of a gram. Lol

15. Hey GH, what's up? No updates?  :confused:

16. What happened to this thread?

17. Oh my outdoor season ended haha. Will be starting back up here at the middle of April into May :)

18. I wish I could grow outdoors!

19. Saw this on a friends journal. Had quite the laugh. Made my evening for sure.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427609936.638430.jpg