GreenHacks PC Case Indoor and Balcony Outdoor grow 2014

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by GreenHackTM, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Seeing some new growth on these regular girls outdoors

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407433664.529864.jpg

Sweet mango is putting on a very nice stretch, and northern lights is about to be moved outside within the next hour to two hours

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407433700.129636.jpg

Here's some of that bubblegum

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407433750.345978.jpg

These are some notes for myself in the future when I look back at this.

Growing outdoor, the main issue is that I can't control the amount of sunlight the plants receive being on the balcony. Right now they receive 7 and a half hours of morning sunlight. I know I would increase yield if given 14 or more direct hours.

So... We are at that point where my photo grow show is about to begin.

I'll post the journal link in a couple of hours :)

-------------------------
    All of my advice comes from years of farming and green housing experience.

I'm a hacker, I'm a grower, I'm a stunt man. Live your life :)

2. gh what is going on man!! Shit is looking nice bro, that bubblegum girl is looking great in that last pic i kind of see a pink hue to her. I got a girl about 30 days in veg now but ill be going to a 400w hps and a tent now. Whats your upcoming projects since fall is near, or will you be ending your journals with the outdoor ladies

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nice setup man!! I won't be going to that much wattage, but I am hopefully going to construct my own tent here in a couple of months and purchase a LED MARS 2 grow light.

Thanks I appreciate your compliments :) my plan now is to grow an auto plant from start to finish indoors, and while growing this ill veg my photo plant, train her and use other techniques and then take some cuttings from her.

Finish out the auto plant in the server case and then take the cuttings and grow them inside the server case for a couple weeks and flower the cuttings while also flowering the mother plant. :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sounds good what strains will you be working with on the indoor grows

5. Well... For my auto I have big bud X Northern Lights

And for my photo grow... CBD critical :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. sounds good man cant wait to see that northern lights x big bud that should be a good producer. How many watts is that marz panel? Also what size tent will you be getting. Im still looking for a decent size tent that will fit in my closet

7. #447 GreenHackTM, Aug 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2014
    Oh yeah man, that's why I waited to grow that big bud northern till the end, so I could grow her indoors with full lighting 😏

The mars 2 panel that I am looking at I believe has 300 watts and the tent I will be making from PBC piping and panda film

Edit: do you have any pictures of your girl vegging right now?

• Like Like x 1
  8. #449 GreenHackTM, Aug 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2014
    The two plants that got topped are coming in very nicely.

I'm loving this mix of bio weed and tappin roots. Both foliar spray and for watering/feeding.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407644004.510471.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407644083.576868.jpg

These plants are definitely growing faster and taller. I will be working on training them again tomorrow before heading out of town for a couple of days.

Right now I want them to get at least four main colas on one plant and maybe two main colas on the other. So I'll be training them in a circle effect and I'll top one of my plants one more time in a week

Northern lights got moved out this morning and is doing well

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407644252.743425.jpg

Sweet mango

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407644282.093349.jpg

Bubblegum

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407644318.693493.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. Running on day 62 from seed, day 55-56 from sprouting- Bubblegum ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407880827.915395.jpg

I'm anticipating a week and a half at most and she should be done.

My northern lights on day 33 from seed, day 27 from popping
    Before I left for a couple of days I was a little concerned about her, as she hadn't developed pistols yet. But after returning I'm content that she is now stretching and crowning up ready for flower mode.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407880888.031504.jpg

Sweet mango day 36from seed and 30 days from sprouting ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407880962.331306.jpg

And my three outdoor random plants.

Two that were topped a couple of days ago
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407881131.934828.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407881149.214670.jpg

For these regular plants we have about a month and a couple days before flower fully kicks in

• Like Like x 2
  10. Hey there GH, glad to see all your girls are lookin' fine. Yesterday I chopped my two girls. They were definitely stunted and really weren't doing so hot. They had been in flower since 5th June. Even so, it appeared most of the trichromes were cloudy, but not amber in color. I would have just left them longer, except that I will be out of town for 10 days from next month, so I wanted dry whatever I have before leaving. The yield will be pathetic, but it doesn't matter. Just a learning experience.

I will pop something else as soon as I return from overseas and get another grow going. I've got a few different choices - OG Kush, Big Bang, Pineapple Chunk, Northern Lights Autoflower, Jack Herer, White Widow, Shot Adrenaline Autoflower, Blueberry, or Super Silver Haze! Not sure which one to go for - what do you suggest? :yummy:  I'm thinking to pop one of the autoflowers. I'll just do one plant and see if the grow is better this time.

• Like Like x 1
  11. #452 GreenHackTM, Aug 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2014
    I'm sorry about your yield, but like you say it's a learning experience :)
    If you want a really good yielder for the server case we grow in, use blueberry!! It does beautifully when topped and actually loves to be topped it increases the yields when you top her. She's one of the strains that is meant to be topped

But if you choose to do one of your auto flowers do Northern lights auto flower. I know that I really really loved watching my northern lights grow and still love watching it. Mine is from greenhouse seeds. Where is your northern lights from?

Hope you have a good trip overseas!

12. Thanks dude! Yeah, I'm looking forward to the trip - heading off to Phuket, Thailand. Never been to Thailand before. I love the buddhist/hindu culture! :hello:

Blueberry huh? Sounds good. I def want a strain that responds well to topping. Are they good with LST also? Cause I was thinking to try mainlining. My Northern Lights I ordered through Bonza Seeds and the package says they are from Vision Seeds. I want to grow something with strong Sativa characteristics - something that is up and energizing for daytime and getting shit done. Maybe next grow after this one I'll do a heavy indica - I want to make some RSO oil for medical applications.

• Like Like x 1
  13. #454 GreenHackTM, Aug 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2014
    Yes they respond very well to all techniques. Every strain responds very well to LST but as for topping most strains love it, but some strains have a limit to the number of branches you can produce from it, and sometimes when topping you may get 4 main colas but they might be limited in weight as each strain has a maximum they can produce.

Blueberry is actually listed in two of the books I read for Topping as getting the highest yields possible by topping it. So yes blueberry would definitely do well with mainlining

Haha I hope that made sense! I'm a little baked right now.

I also want to do a sativa dominant grow.

Yeah man you'll have to let me know what you think of Thailand !

• Like Like x 1
  14. #455 GreenHackTM, Aug 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
    So I'll start this entry by saying these are photos just from my phone, I didn't get the microscope out yet, but the trichs on bubblegum are looking pretty good almost ready to go!!

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408208737.867324.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408208593.667724.jpg

Northern lights, this will be moved up to the top when bubblegum is moved out. Right now it's too crowded up top for her

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408208681.234061.jpg

Sweet mango

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408208758.717120.jpg

Random topped plants

I won't be topping these plants anymore as it takes too long fo recovery and they need to get some more growth in them

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408208797.467396.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408208825.967203.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. For those of you who enjoy those sexy trichome closeup photos
    This first image is taken from a video I took with the microscope
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408399485.308129.jpg

Still photo from microscope

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408399517.707829.jpg

16. Bubblegum just harvested

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408591583.257909.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408591607.707417.jpg

Yield is going to be about what I expected. As I mentioned before I don't get a lot of sunlight in the area I am growing outdoors.

But I'm not upset at all, in fact I'm just glad I don't have to purchase any cannabis

• Like Like x 2
  17. #458 GreenHackTM, Aug 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2014
    I haven't updated on my outdoor girls lately

Sweet mango

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408821112.535933.jpg

Northern lights

I might have to move this plant down a level because she's still stretching a little and I don't want her buds getting too fat for the greenhouse top.

Not sure will wait two more days before deciding

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408821130.568824.jpg

Random regular outdoor plants. Hopefully they will start displaying their sex soon

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408821160.169488.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408821190.085581.jpg

18. We have a heat wave rolling through... But the plants are doing amazing! Yesterday was the only day I needed to keep them misted through out the day as the humidity levels were around 21% outdoors with temps over 110

Today however all is much calmer (in regards to humidity )

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408903658.968620.jpg

19. #460 GreenHackTM, Aug 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2014
    Gathered up the final weight of bubblegum... Small yield this turn, 8 grams

Notes for next year with regards to fixing yield for my auto outdoor girls:

--Try and grow only super auto crops

--Give the autos a 3 gallon home instead of 2 gallons

-- use my super super mixed organic soil next year (adding my special ingredients that I've been reading about )

Will update more later, but I'm very excited about my indoor grow right now. Should be expecting some very very promising yields