GreenHacks PC Case Indoor and Balcony Outdoor grow 2014

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by GreenHackTM, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Hey GH, I'll be following this journal! :smoke:  How do you do homemade Co2 bottles?

2. #22 GreenHackTM, Mar 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2014
    http://www.ehow.com/how_7499355_make-homemade-co2-gas.html

From that website I just expanded and used some glass bottles instead as they were the only small bottles I had laying around.

In my other case I used a powerade bottle and poked a hole thru the top of the bottles lid. you can either drill into the bottles lid or heat up a sharp nail with a candle or lighter and poke it thru. I find the powerade bottle is more effective because it will keep more co2 built up inside and release it slower instead of my glass bottle which just let the co2 come out in a larger hole.

Long story short, follow that guide, but be smart about which bottles etc that you decide to use. Also always start small with ingredients and only add equal amounts.

It's not hard to do, but the contents so create pressure so just be careful.

:)

-------------------------
    All of my advice comes from years of farming and green housing experience.

I'm a hacker, I'm a grower, I'm a stunt man. Live your life :)

Remember: There is Nothing more American than a man producing a product that the people want

3. Hey I have a question for you in regards to my outdoor grow.

I've been thinking about doing an outdoor grow with a scrog, and I started to wonder.. Could you use two scrogs? Wouldn't this help the plant to gain more new shoots? Or would this just be useless?

Remember: There is Nothing more American than a man producing a product that the people want

4. You can do a screen per plant, two plants per screen, etc. i imagine doing it all in one grid is to conserve space for indoor cultivation.

5. Hey GH,

I like the look of your setup and it seems like it's going really well so far.Thanks for your welcome by the way. 
    As for mine, I will post pics asap. I am just busy refining everything. I have some bagseed that have just popped. I'm only doing 2 plants. Will also be doing SCROG. It is a preferred method for me and I have had good results in the past. I am not doing a pc grow this time as I want more space than what a pc will allow. I have converted a black plastic storage container to a micro grow box and it seems to be working well. I would say it has the internal volume of about the same as 2 pc cases side by side. If you want to see pics can I post them here in your journal? 

I'm subbed and will watch your grow as it progresses. Keep it up  :smoke:

6. #26 GreenHackTM, Mar 23, 2014
    Appreciate it bud!

As for posting pics, I'd prefer if you do post pictures, that it's kept to a minimum lol. You should def start a journal too! I'd subscribe to it! Haha

7. Just stuck my head inside the pc case to take a look at my girls.. It's starting to get pretty skunky in there. Overall smell is under control with ionizers, good fan air flow, and good exhaust system.

I haven't put the filter on yet, as it really isn't necessary until flowering comes around.

Headband is doing well, good node growth, and will probably plan on a transplant in 4-5 days. I want to give her some time to adjust from being "decapitated" as a couple friends are calling her.

I will post pictures tomorrow, as I am about to pass out, vaping as we speak.

8. Awesome setup and grow dude.

Question; what's the reason for the two glass bottles?

9. Those are my homemade co2 bottles

10. Awesome! Been thinking of adding one to my PC grow too. I got a bit confused as I thought you had to cap the bottles with a hole?

Also, any idea if its ever too early to add a CO2 bottled?

Only two days into plant and the grow has just sprouted.

11. I believe the best method is to cap the top of the bottle and poke a hole, however I didn't have a small enough bottle with a cap for my pc case. So I subbed the glass bottles.

In my other veg case I have a powerade bottle with a hole poked in the cap. That works much more effectively.

As for age for adding co2.. It's never too early for co2.

Plants use co2 during photosynthesis. So adding co2 to the case will help with photosynthesis. Remember tho it won't help during the lights off so if you add co2 leave it in there at least for lights on (photosynthesis stage)

12. #32 GreenHackTM, Mar 23, 2014
    Good morning all! My girls are asleep right now so I figured I would take some photos since I have a busy schedule today.

Enjoy :)

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1395591916.550083.jpg

Headband this morning
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1395591937.300430.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1395591971.500015.jpg

You can see new growth in the picture above :)

Here's quick and bushy ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1395592005.716671.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1395592018.767407.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1395592037.899889.jpg

I am thinking about doing a little trimming on quick and bushy in a couple of days (to try and stimulate lower growth/ allow low growth access to light)

Hope everyone had a great weekend, enjoy these photos and as always smoke on.

13. Haha whoops, I forgot to post one of my outdoor girls too. Here is twisty.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1395593418.689253.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1395593432.805874.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1395593450.605541.jpg

A little bit of shoot growth but not as much as inside of my LED case.

I will always recommend LED anyway now that I have experienced cfl/florescent t5 tubes and led.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1395593536.439101.jpg

14. Looking good man! Very nice healthy green, and great leaf development. 

I feel the same about LEDs.

15. Hey Gh the girls are looking good they are def loving the led. Will the headband become a outside girl too? or is she going to grow in the case also?

16. #36 GreenHackTM, Mar 23, 2014
    Thanks man! I've been thinking about headband.. And because I know the strain name for it etc I may decide to either do like two bud sites of headband inside the case along with the "quick and bushy" plant that I don't know the strain name ha.. so if I did that then I would have three- four bud sites from quick and bushy and two bud sites from headband.

But then there is the idea of using it outdoor.. The only issue is that I have already planned out my outdoor strains:
    All are going to be auto because they will be grown on a balcony and this is an experiment for practicing temp, weather etc. for outdoor.

For the record... I don't really like autos.. But since it needs to be controlled and stealth I will be getting auto seeds.

Lowrider #2

Berry

Widow

Another thought was to purchase another pc case and use it for vegging and also flowering (might only flower one plant at a time to minimize smell)

Another final thought was to keep vegging her and make her into a mother plant.. The big issue with this is that I don't really want to do a lot of cloning and such..

Lots to think about In the next couple of weeks.

17. yea man i know what you mean. Thats why i went with autos quick and stealthy. I should be getting my beans this week ordered some northern lights auto not sure if i mentioned it. Thats what will be out in my mini greenhouse

18. Very nice! What type of greenhouse will you be using?

19. This evening I decided to germinate another seed,

"Canna Sutra"

This will most likely be for indoor

20. #40 GreenHackTM, Mar 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2014
    Hmmm Ive been monitoring her all night, her leaves started to "claw" up ... I think I might have a nitrogen abundance...

Any ideas?
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1395648329.855452.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1395648342.154682.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1395648360.821323.jpg

Edit: Hell, I might just be over reacting haha