Seeds sprouting up rockwoll cubes help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SuperSaiyanStoner, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Germination went great, just don't know why their coming up like that any ideas

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. How deep did you plant them? Did you go at least a 1/4 inch deep? If so, then make sure to keep the humidity high. Put the dome back on and let them do thier work. If this is your first time messing with seeds, I wouldn't advice to replant them deeper as might damage the tap root. They'll get the shell off. This has happen to me before but not with so many.

3. They will shed the shell after they have used all the food and moisture inside.

4. Yea their that far in and the dome is coming tomorrow so well be good.

5. Thats normal.

6. #6 SuperSaiyanStoner, Mar 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2014
    Yea that's what I thought but my bud was saying some weird stuff so I asked lol. In the pic those are THC bomb but I also have blue cheese, master kush, a g13 northern lights hybrid with some hazes too all seem to be doing great for me so far

7. While it is somewhat normal, this is a result i see occur more when using manufactured starting cubes with premade holes. My theory is that the premade holes provide less resistance as the seed is sprouting. With nothing to rub against as it sprouts, there isnt as much friction on the seed shell to "peel" it off as the plant emerges. Its a problem i see less when planting straight to soil or a more dense medium like peat starters (which i hate for other reasons).

Most of the time they will pop off in a day or so. I have seen a few that stayed on quite a while. More than a day or two and i look at them to see if i can just remove it myself.