Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Am I Smoking Joints Too Extreme ?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by dissolved-dude, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Hi, first off, I would like to say that this is my first post ever in grasscity forums.  :metal:

Back to the point, I feel like I might be smoking joints too extremely?
    For starters, I have been mostly smoking pipes (a tiny one tho) until now when I started to dabble a little with taking a walk and smoking a j. I just started smoking the ganja about a month ago and my tolerance is really low, like I have about a half a bowl on a tiny pipe (I'm talking the size of a peanut pipe) and I get high. 

So, my method so far to smoking joints has been taking a walk outside, taking one big puff, and then several consequent medium/tiny puffs afterwards (like 3 or 4 more) to make the joint stop burning. Once I do that, I put it in a pill bottle, keep walking, seeing how I feel, and repeat the process 2 or 3 times after that. 
    Other times, when I'm already really high back at my place, I'll step outside to take a big puff, then several quick puffs without inhaling the smoke afterward just to stop the joint from burning. Then I put it back in the pill bottle, and repeat that process if I want to get higher later.

Is this a good way to smoke a J? Or am I doing it too extreme or wasteful for someone with a low tolerance like me? Are there any suggestions on how to correctly smoke a J for an apprentice like me? 

P.S. On a side note, I was wondering if you guys would suggest indica, sativa, or a hybrid for taking walks while toking at night? So far, I've only done a semi-dank indica with the J's. 

2. It seems too repetitive to me.. I don't know if you live with your parents or not but that's a good way to get caught. Anyways, I just roll a joint with .5-.8 in it and have it all at once. If you're looking for a good sativa strain try Super Lemon Haze it's only the best

PS:you never know when cops come around so be careful on the walks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. id say there is no right way to smoke a J... You do what you want and how you feel comfortable.
    Youre trying to enjoy yourself, not get all paranoid

I dont need much to get high for 2-3 hours (depending on what kind)... half of a king size really.

4. Smoke it however you see fit. Smoking joints wastes weed as it is anyway. I don't see why you're smoking it but not inhaling it though. That IS wasting lol. Just wet your fingers and grip the cherry and it'll go out, that's what I do if I've packed it more than I should've and need a rest haha.

Thankfully I'm going to college in Cali so there's no parent situation here at all. Where do people get these good strains from? So far I can only get my hands on some mids on the street, and getting a MMJ card is not really one of my options.

Will wetting your fingers with your mouth instead of actual water work too?  Last thing I wanna do is get a burn from the cherry while I'm high haha.

6. I know that my guy gets it shipped to him all the way from cali but I don't tend to ask because that's not my business. My business is smoking the herb haha

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. I don't really think about it that much. I just smoked and eventually I started figuring out how much I should roll/pack in the bowl on my own,.

8. Where are you located in California? I live in San Diego myself.

Honestly OP you should roll a J and either smoke the whole thing, or put half of it out and save it for later. That's it. If you're not inhaling your smoke you're doing nothing but wasting it.

I guarantee if you were to smoke a whole joint to yourself you'd absolutely love it and be wondering what you were so nervous about

9. Depends on how high you personally want to get. It sounds like you don't want to get too high, so what your doing is fine. As long as your joints aren't burning when your not hitting it, your not wasting anything. I've put out blunts/joints to save for later so your good man.

Lol, I always plan on getting stoned, but I never seem to quite reach that level yet cuz I haven't had that trippy, 'woooah' high yet. (except my first time ever getting high on weed from a bong)

Smoking a whole J with a low tolerance isn't gonna make me green out (I mean puking, not passing out), right? 
    Since I plan on using my pipe more often to save my weed, how many hits out of a bowl from a tiny pipe are gonna give me the same amount as a J?

Have you tried smoking the whole joint to yourself? Since you've been smoking for a month, and you've smoked out of a bong, I don't think you would green out by smoking the J with low tolerance. That doesn't mean you can't green out from other things, like I've been smoking for a while now and even when I've been smoking for a long time, I've greened out before due to lack of eating, getting thirsty, etc etc. 

I wouldn't smoke too crazy just yet, not until you get your tolerance to where you want it to be. For me, it usually takes about 1.5-2 bowls of some dank weed to get me to the level of a joint, but my bowl is pretty big. I'd say if you want to use your bowl, smoke 2 good bowls and see how you feel after that since you said your bowl is smaller than mine. Also if your trying to save weed, you should look into investing a grinder if you haven't already, those things will save your weed and kief. 

I'll definitely try smoking the whole J next chance I get this week haha. The bong was a one-time thing and that was last year, so long ago. 
    So does smoking a bowl mean taking one hit out of a bowl of weed, or does it include the hits you take from that bowl after that hit too? If that's the case, I've been smoking my bowls all wrong with just the one (yet big) green hit haha

13. Yeah, that's what I do myself lol.

When I read the title I thought you were thinking, that you smoke too much. I used to hit a two-pape, I mean suicide a two pape, every hours at one point. Anyways, I'm guessing you are pretty novice, but you should have some sort of idea. …. like oh I usually feel good after 5 puffs, that way you can just straight try 5, then take an extra one two after if needed. Lighting a joint then putting it out then lighting it over and over again always seemed wasteful to me. 

15. I know joints are wasteful but I still dig them haha. How do you finish a joint all by yourself? Taking big puffs or tiny puffs, giving time between each puff, etc.?

16. Just do whatever you feel like doing. Sometimes I take big puffs sometimes not. The only thing i could recommend is don't take big buffs if you can't take more hits afterwards because the joint will be burning and you will waste weed. Thats if you smoke it in 1 session and not put it out to smoke it later.

17. if you enjoy it its working just fine man, theres no correct way to enjoy drugs.

the amount you use is so low it doesnt really matter if its wasteful. i think it would be sweet if you got a portable vape with such low tolerance, you could load like .1 and get really high five times or more.

18. OP when people say smoke a "bowl" that means the entire amount of weed packed into a pipe/bong. The "bowl" is a piece that you place the weed into.

With that being said, you should not worry about greening out. Smoke like 3 full bowls or a whole J to yourself and you will be on the moon

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. If you think your going to be "too stoned" if you smoke a J, well then just roll a pinner *SparkItUp*  :smoke:

20. Dude I'm fascinated with your fascination with this new world of smoking...I miss those days :(

But you're doing it fine man that's a good move honestly. If you wanted to enjoy the smoking experience longer and not get uncomfortably baked, you could roll a spliff which is tobacco and weed. That way there would exactly as much weed as you want and you can face the whole thing. That is if you're cool with tobacco every once in awhile. The rush is very awesome though with the nicotine.

You could also roll them skinnier all weed

how do I change my signature