Help a new grower pick a grow room

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by robert516631@aol.com, Mar 17, 2014.

1. im new to everything and i know nothing about growing but i want to do it right so i want to just wanted to get a grow room ive considering 2 grow rooms

the first one HTG 1000w Big Boy Grow Tent Kit at 900.00 Complete_Grow_Tent_Kit4.jpg grw1.png

Link http://www.htgsupply.com/Product-HTG-1000w-Big-Boy-Grow-Tent-Kit

the 2nd is the supercloset 5' x 5' SuperRoom at 2000.00
    grw1.png

Link http://supercloset.com/product/grow-rooms/5-x-5-superroom-best-grow-room/

i want to know if the supercloset is really worth the money or just overhyped
    looking for opinion tips anything that would be help full for a new grower i would like to yield at least 3lbs

2. i dont no why the supercloset pic is up there twice

3. I personalty will not grow in a tent because they get hot and need a ridiculous amount of fans and duct-work to make work.

Also I can make a set up from scratch twice as nice for half the price.

4. I completely agree. For around $500 you can have a kickass setup with a 1000W light and upgraded hood, all kinds of stuff. Plus I prefer just growing in the room. I bought 2 tents and they're a pain in the ass, so I just grow in the corner of the room. I'd recommend just making your own DWC setup. Pretty much just a bucket with an air pump. Great growth as well. 

5. #5 snoopdog6502, Mar 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2014

Yea thats the way I did go. $213 for a 1,000w HPS/MH both bulbs hanger and reflector, A 5 gallon DWC is about $20 each to make. a roll of mylar for $20 , net post, clay balls, are cheap.

If your smart about it nutes are there are cheap nutes.

$50 + a little few more things will make 3,000 gallons of solution.
    http://www.pestrong.com/949-soluble-hydroponic-special-fertilizer-5-11-26-25lb.html

I Just got a new commercial air pump cheap, its rocking. 1153 gal per hour. :)

6. Yeah, I'm at about 10 LPM per plant right now, and plan to upgrade my pumps soon. Makes a big difference. You should definitely look into an XXXL hood though. Casts a much bigger footprint for the light and gets you better coverage. 

One of my lights is an old magnetic ballast , vertical bulb mount with a 4 foot old school cone reflector. That fucking old beater grows some kickass shit. It seems way brighter than my 2 digital ballast.  Its a production light for sure.

I borrowed it to re-start my indoor last fall and still use it. I have some big ass globe MH bulbs I can use as a spare if needed.

I like buying new bulbs, its worth it to swap them out after 6 months and keep them as spares. I have a spare HPS and 2 MH spares.

Sure would feel like a dumbass with plants sitting in the dark. :D

8. Yeah, I have a few bulbs just in case. I want to invest in a light meter so I can check the lumens in each bulb and see how they wear out. I like having new bulbs, but don't want to stop using them before it's necessary either. I've heard there's a difference in brands as well, but that's something I"d have to check with the light meter. 

I have a light meter but its nothing special, it maxes out anywhere near the lights. I need a more sophisticated one.