Critical Kush and Liberty Haze - Gonzos 2ng grow log

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by gonzorelli777, Mar 16, 2014.

1. #1 gonzorelli777, Mar 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2014
    Hey guys,

About 2 weeks into my second proper grow, the first yielded 170g from 4 unknown strain plants from seed, and 2 Amnesia Haze clones which were my first successful rooting experience!
    All said, the grow went almost too well, no nute deficiences/overloads, no bugs, no humidity or temp issues, it really went insanely well, so I'm hoping to do even better this time!

Here are the technicals:

Grow space: Budda grow tent 1mx1mx2m 
    Nutes - Canna Start, Canna Veg, Canna Flower
    Medium - Plagron Light mix (contains peat, spaghnum, perlite and some nutes already)
    Lights - 2 x Ecopal 35w 6400K CFL and 150w dual spec CFL for seedlings/veg and clone rooting, Lumatek digital 400w HPS with diamond reflector for flower.
    Also have carbon filter and extractor fan, forget the stats on it but it did the trick for the tent anyway!
    \nBeans are Barney's Farm Critical Kush (OG Kush x Critical Mass) and Barney's Liberty Haze (G13 x Chem Dawg 91). Anyone with any experience with either strain please drop in and let me know how you got on with them? Any strain specific quirks that are common knowledge or good to know, I'm all ears :D
    \nHere's hoping all goes well. these pics were taken today, about 17 days from germ, and they had their first 1ml/Litre feed of Canna Veg 2 days ago
    \n IMAG0454.jpg IMAG0455.jpg

2. Just transplanted into 6.5L air pots their final home, gonna start LSTing after they have had a day to acclimatise to the new pots! Still undecided on SCROGing, mostly as it seems complicated to build in my head, but in reality probably isn't hah!

3. I'm growing both currently. Both have been in veg for about 2 1/2 months. I am pulling clones sometime within the week then will transplant and flip to flower. Both plants like nutrients and grow bushy when supercropped. Check out my grow journal to check out my plants. It will give you something to compare to.

4. Sweet! I'll have a look now thanks for stopping by!  :bongin:

5. #5 gonzorelli777, Apr 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2014
    So a quick update, the two liberty haze ladies are growing out very nicely. LSTing and tucking foliage away where need be is all I have done regarding training, but they look lush and bushy, I'm really pleased with them.
    However, the Kush are so strange...they have these huge leaves, that don't look normal at all, and have grown non-uniformly from day 1. Somewhat cabbage like...So strange, they look like they are gonna be weird all the way, but so long as they produce I don't care too much about what their fan leaves look like...don't get me wrong they are green and growing healthily, just so damn strange to look at. They have had identical grow conditions so maybe its just a weird pheno...guess we will know if they are alright when the budding begins.
    Oh yeah I purchased 10L Superroots Air pots from local store, that's increasing from the 6L air pots I did my first grow in, so combined with ~2 weeks longer veg time and bigger pots I am hoping for bigger yield

Will post pics in a little bit :)

6. Need more pics!!  lol Glad to find your new journal, and congrats again on the solid harvest!  You've come a long way since we talked you out of growing in your shower lol  The only downside to such a good first grow, is that I'll have a harder time talking you into growing organically now lol  Excited to see how these strains turn out.....

7. #7 gonzorelli777, Apr 7, 2014
    Hey white wizard where have you been? Guess I can't say much after my 6 month hiatus! I have to admit, I am impressed by your new setup. The soil prep worries me but sounds lovely. I'll go take a few snaps of the tent now!

ETA lol yeah come a long way since the shower days haha!

8. #8 gonzorelli777, Apr 7, 2014
    Pix update day 35(ish) from germination!

Pic 1 - The group (2x crit kush at front of group, 2 x liberty haze at back)
    Pic 2 - Kush #1
    Pic 3 - Kush #2
    Pic 4 - Haze #1
    Pic 5 - Haze #2
    Pic 6 - New seedlings just spouting

Gonna veg for another ~10 days and take cuttings for clones then switch to 12/12. They should have vegged ~7 weeks by then

IMAG0459.jpg IMAG0460.jpg IMAG0461.jpg IMAG0462.jpg IMAG0464.jpg IMAG0465.jpg

9. lol  Well I took some time off after my timer failed and my girls died.  And I took the time to learn a shit ton about organic growing.  Feel like..... not an expert, but pretty fuckin knowledgeable.... and ready to research whatever I don't know lol.  I got the knowledge, just need to keep collecting experience lol.

Nothing about my current grow is impressive lol  Other than the basil lmao  That shit grows like wildfire.  But I'm figuring it out.... there's a learning curve when you switch to organics.... but in my opinion it's sooooo worth it.  My girls are finding some sort of stride lol..... and I truly cannot wait to mix up my next batch of soil today and tomorrow..... gonna pop some beans tonight I think, and get them going in the veg cab under my T5.

Don't let the soil prep worry you lol...... I do my soil mixing in an Igloo, wheeled, beer cooler lol   If you have a big rubber trashcan, that's perfect.  Just mix it up, get it moist, and let it sit in the dark for a month, moistening it down once every week or two lol  Truly no big deal.... and it's so much more fun knowing what is in your soil, and that you can tweak it and make improvements next time.  Unlike buying a back of FFOF or whatever and having no idea how much of each ingredient is in there, and no ability to make changes for next time.  Not to mention the cost of bottled nutes, and the health hazards of heavy metals and EDTAs in nutes.  Sorry dude, didn't mean to start a rant lol.

10. hahah rant away man! rants are good when they are packed with information :D

11. Those girls are looking awesome man!! Nice work! Lol now ya got two organophreaks a'watchin :devious: :bongin:

Tent is gettin crowded already! Looking very jungle-esk in there. :D

12. Great to have you mate :D 

Yeah the haze are looking totally great, but the kush fan leaves are bizarre looking, and kush took longer to "take off" in growth, however the leaves are more uniform and normal looking now that there's more branching, but goddamn they looked funny the first 3 weeks of their existence!

13. They are progressing well. Mine are doing great too. Just starting to show flower.

14. Cheers man, flowering now? Awesome, gets even harder to not just sit and stare at them as they go further into flower!

15. Got 70w of blue spec CFLs providing some supplemental side lighting for the two kush ladies to encourage them to bush out a little more. Overall they look great though!

16. Ye know some ladies just come out kinda funky lookin. Kind of like the nerdy girls that end up becoming really hot in college. My chunkiest, heaviest yielding lady this round has also been the slowest grower in veg and the last seed to sprout. You just never know!

17. Subbed. I'm too tired to read it all right now but you know i will.

18. #18 gonzorelli777, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2014
    Not much to see so far buddy :D Fun begins now! Just switched lights to 12/12...they are already very bushy and lots of tops unless I'm horribly mistaken! Let the flowering begin!

19. #19 gonzorelli777, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2014
    Made a poor-man's-macgyver veg box for my 3 baby seedlings with the CFLs, so they get the extra 6hrs of light. Will pop them back into the tent for 6hrs of darkness and then 12hrs under HPS...that sounds a bit confusing...seedlings will get 12hrs under HPS, 6hrs in the veg box so they get a total of 18, and the other 6 hrs darkness when they go back into the tent with the big mommas

20. Day 3 12/12

Just a pic update really, all looks pretty healthy, giving 80% strength veg nutes for another 10 days or so to make sure they have enough N to get through the stretch, then gonna pick up some Canna PK 13/14 and Boost to go along with the Flores bloom nute I already have. Watering/feeding every other day now, the air pots are so good for aeration that the pots quickly dry out

IMAG0466.jpg IMAG0467.jpg IMAG0468.jpg IMAG0469.jpg IMAG0470.jpg IMAG0471.jpg IMAG0472.jpg IMAG0473.jpg