Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why does it seem hemp wick hurts my throat and head?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by grasscityi8, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Hey guys

I recently acquired some hemp wick from a local shop. Two small wraps were Beeline and one wrap was unlabeled (probably more generic wick). I love to use hemp wick for my sessions, but for some reason I recently started to notice more and more that the hemp wick was hurting / burning my throat more than a standard bic! My friend also pointed this out to me.

Since then I have started to notice that using hemp wick seems to not only give me more of a sore throat, but also a slightly decent headache. I noticed this using both the beeline and the generic wick, so the question is, what could be causing this?

Any help would be appreciated,

2. #2 aToker, Mar 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2014
    I bought crappy hempwick off eBay once and it tasted like shit.. Could be the case.

Humbolt/I-tal/beeline all satisfy me 100%

3. well when you think about it youre just smoking Extra plant matter (the hemp in the wick may as well be pressed Stems really..) as a means to smoke plant matter already (your bud)....

also, the coatings can differ on brands.....I just use a lighter fuckit man. My chron still tastes like it does with a damn hemp wick....

if you wanna totally get "stingy" on your lighting device, use a soldering iron, seriously....theyre PERFECT, and Beast....just *DISCLAIMER* .....Don't be a Dumb Shit, its a fuckin soldering iron....

4. I know there are glass rods you can heat with a lighter and then use to burn your bud with. Purest way to do it. 

5. Maybe it was the brand. Just get one that you've had before

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. u have a problem using a bic so you go to hempwick, now your using hempwick and its not good enough? lol

heres an idea..

man up!

7. Or just completely bypass combustion and use a vaporizer?

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

8. use a lighter man hemp wick is nasty imo. its like why would you want to add more stem into your weed cuz thats basically what youre doing. dont leave the flame on your bowl for 5 minutes and you shouldnt taste butane. and it isnt bad for you