Life is an illusion

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Infinite Experience, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Certain beliefs are definitely illusions. Human beings once believed wholeheartedly that the world was flat. Thats a pretty big illusion.

2. All beliefs are illusions.

3. You nailed it as the beliefs were spawned generations before we were... we bot into them hook, line and sinker and.. compiled a "story".. not only that but we adjust our story based on perception (faulty at best) of others and their perception/opinion of us... we form our so called person or persona (mask covering True Self) based on how we want to be "perceived" (not known in Reality)...

we all have a story & the quickest way to awakening or enlightenment is to just drop it but easier said than done as we keep repeating it (thoughts breed fear & illusion while a still mind knows Truth)...

Nameste

4. Yes indeed but back then they had a better excuse because ignorance ran rampant... now according to Google science, we gain more information as a world in 5 minutes than centuries back in those dark days...
    So much Reality/Truth information on youtube, just google key words...

Namaste

5. we (the we we "think" we are) is nothing (no thing) but bias... so you are normal (per the world).. lol
    at least you TOOK the time to watch it and i commend you as that tells me you are open and sincere about Realizing who you Really Are and Truth in general...

Peace

6. We make this reality in theory. The matrix or this illusionary reality is a result of subconscious perception skewed by school and subliminal messages. If we overcome the reality were given and all decide on a new reality together we can escape. We all need to know its a magic show, some people still believe what their eyes see.

7. So, if perception is a filter of reality, is reality a physical manifestation of our consciousness? Let's go into the abyss, reality is also depicted onto different levels of brainwaves, the reason we live in a world full of stress, anxiety, and corruption is because it's based on the beta waves and not the alpha waves, check out this (http://www.finerminds.com/mind-power/brain-waves/). Alpha waves is instilled during the state of mediation or indulging in Cannabis, if this particular brain wave was more prevalent, we may see a change.

8. I have a question, when people say "I'm entitled to my opinion", is it because they consider that opinion -- an integral part of themselves? Notice when you see someone challenge a person's opinion, there's usually a feeling of cognitive dissonance or a breakout of multiple fallacies. As for me, I'm not really attached to any beliefs, ideologies, predisposition or any thought that would stagnate my cognition I'm usually trying to update my mind like an operating system of a computer.

9. Free yourself, and liberate the ones around you.

10. Yes, most are not as free thinking as you... they "are" their beliefs and opinions... as they say, "those who know don't have to defend"... opinions are like A-holes, everyone has one. people in general try to solve problems with the same faulty perceptions that created them... war for example to establish peace... rather than finding the peace within and know war is insanity out of control.

11. Very true

12. We are all just molecules moving in an abyss of gases, what we see is our consciousness, but it is all the same.

13. Bologna

14. That's what Thor told me ;)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Life is what you make it