Life is an illusion

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Infinite Experience, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Whenever I get high and have dreams I have this mindset that will make me sound crazy to other's. Before I start I will say that I post in the multiverse and don't believe in it I'm confused if there's life In this universe or not. So there may be someone who posted in that thread and will read my post here and quote me with questions of "why did you say this there then if your stating this here?" That being said let me explain my concept that really mind fucks me.

Whenever I get high and have dreams while being high I have this idea that what If somehow our dreams are really when our souls travel from our body in this world to another body in another world? And when we sleep we live in another being that is us. But since it's another planet "weird and different things" can happen. Not that they actually are weird or different but to this world they are. Why do most people always wake up before they die or something bad happens? Because in the other world they are In danger and we can control that "dream world" by "waking up" and making our souls travel back to us. I know it makes me sound crazy and is impossible for our soul to travel with seconds from one being to another but idk it's a cool concept to think about when yor high.

Ive also though about that..if there were a sixth dimension where every possibility could exist then it could be possible dreams are actually visions of other worlds that we cant experience...Ive also though what if we are constantly traveling between multiple parallel universes we only subconsciously choose to observe..like when you go to sleep how do you know you're the same person when you wake up or just another version in an only slightly different world

3. exactly mon like that's how I think that our dreams are visions we have that we go through to see other universes but since in this lifetime they're only "dreams" people are brainwashed into the idea that they aren't "real"

I love that concept that's amazing and blowig my mind right now because this one night I had a "dream" inside my house in this world we are talking in right now. It was that where my stairs are it ended up being this huge deep landscape where in the middle was a floating swimming pool. And the sides had no fences or fair rails. So I fell down and woke up. The next day in this world I say there looking at the stairwell thinking what just happened? I just love thinking of mind blowing concepts and ideas it just shows how powerful and amazing our brain really is.

4. #64 DorianOmega, Apr 27, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2014

Good points but now your getting into the field of "time" and "what is time", something not even our greatest minds have been able to properly and definitively answer unlike the way science has for the most part done with biology, I retort back to science sounds just as asinine as the hippies do on the subject as neither has any evidence to prove their points or theories on what is time. 
    Il give science has show that time probably exists, just not definitively as to how or why.

5. I once played with the idea that nothing is real. By that I mean what I see with my own two eyes might not be what someone else sees even though we both say the same thing. Since you can't physically see what someone else see how can you tell what anything is? For example i see my car the way it is. What if someone else sees it as a completly different thing but since we both know to call it crown Victoria, it's a crown vic. Weird I'm not even high, just some deep thinking going on at a seve bathroom lol.

Sent from my iPhunny using Grasscity Forum appster

6. Everytime I have 'problems' or stress in my life I like to think back about this thread and read it over sometimes and it helps.  Life just happens and problems are a creation of the mind so why should I care anymore ?

I know what time it is:) 

8. Should I even care about the shit coming my way within the next few months ?

see if you can will yourself into a different timeline..like if all the parallel versions of you will it enough maybe it will happen..Ive thought that luck could work that way and why some people seem to always bad things happen to them and some have good..the more versions of yourself you get to do positive things the greater positive affect it would have on your luck...they say gravity is exerted through other dimensions why cant things like love, hate, luck ect do the same thing?

10. Understandable but the shit coming is from stuff I've already done.  Like I spent all my tax returns on something I shouldn't have, and I have to answer to my parents eventually about where it went.  I also failed a drug test on probation, I'm sure that'll be heard in the court or pre-sentencing report and my parents will find out then.  I got shit coming my way.

To "detach" detachment doesn't work as it implies "separation" which is the grand illusion/dream... Creation is UNITY not separation... Contact your True Self or Being, the AtOneMent, the AllThereIs, Within by applied effort to change your thought system.

ACIM the miracle books course is "A" way if practised daily... Anther is to BeHereNow or practise the presence as described by Eckhart Tolle's The Power of Now.

As long as there is perception of separation which is the Only problem there is, there will always be problems and insanities... in other words, we need to not take it personal or make things personal because the person we THINK we are doesn't exist.. one day we wake up from the dream in a light body and realize it was just another dream what we called "life".

12. Exactly. I get depressed because i know who i am and what i can do, and i know my strengths and weaknesses but i wont ever be able to be free to do these things or express myself because to do so i would literally have to change the world. And i dont have the charisma or social skills to even make a real change to my own world. Because everyone is too stuck in this... thing.

They think this is how life/ the world works but they dont realise that they have been conditioned to only believe what they are told by anyone with 'authority'.
    Everything we learned in school about the world, everything we get told on the news could be bullshit and we wouldnt know. History is written by the victor and all that.
    Apple probably has the next 10 models of iphone ready to realease one by one each time sales start to dip. The technology advances we hear of were probably discovered years ago. The government made up loads of elaborate lies and propaganda to make mj illegal. They coukd make up anything and people will believe it.

13. This happened to me recently. Or had been happening gradually. Had no idea who i was or anything.. but now i see things a lot clearer, and i seem to understand a lot more about human (well, mine - im sure i think differently to the majority of people) minds.

It was way easier being indifferent to.. myself?.. but id never go back to living like that.
    I feel like my conciousness is (has always been) caught between two ways of thinking, sometimes swinging one way or the other. So i never really knew who i was.. or more like i couldnt predict myself. Idk. Hard to explain.

14. i agree, everyone always says things like 'forget your past, the present has nothing to do with your past' but the fact is we are the creation of our past

15. "....life is like a dream"

16. Life just IS.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. The problem as you know is we were miss-labled so to speak by those who raised us... The didn't point out Who We Are but all the meaningless fleeting "stuff", "things" including some name they gave us that we answer to.

The Real Self or Being is our True nature and the only thing that satisfies is Realizing It.

I like to listen and watch Mooji or Moojiji on Youtube, very easy teaching, so simple and ez u get it thru osmosis...

18. I think that everything we know is an illusion. For example, why would some people think cinnamon tastes good? Because the media and society has taught us that it does. It taught us that the sweet flavor and the aroma are all good and are considered tasty. Or that being skinny is considered beautiful? Because we constantly see skinny girls on tv, magazines, we make up stupid diets, we make weight such a big deal, when it's just some skin. I think that if you just let go of everything you think is cool and nice and tasty and pretty, and focus on just accepting things instead of trying to find adjectives and feelings to associate with them then you'll be much happier and content with your life

19. Great post, it's awesome when I find other people who can think beyond the duality thats presented to us by our senses, truely an amazing gift to have. 

There's one thing that can never be measured, and thats individual or universal consciousness.  Trying to measure consciousness by looking in the physical brain is like dissecting a car radio and expecting to measure the voice that's being broadcast out of it..... it's impossible. 

There's always been 'ONE' thing going on that's never dual and it's always happening now now NOW NOW...every moment...and to realize this is the crescendo of human existence. 

20.  ^First comment...where is me? where is meeee?

Second comment....It's almost like a piece of movie film being played...when it's moving slow..one picture shown at a time...moves so slowly....broken up and a little confusing to look at one frame at a time....then here comes NOW NOW NOW....the film becomes one flowing movement...and it is only animated...then you understand!

This is just a thought I had when I read that............I'm pretty  :smoking: