Life is an illusion

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Infinite Experience, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Reality is what you make it, everyone or everything has its own perceived "reality"

2. #42 Infinite Experience, Apr 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2014
    How can you explain non drug-induced hallucinations then, are you saying these are true? I used to suffer from them on a daily basis, the worst part is, you can't tell the difference between "reality" and these "hallucinations", I also could just be able to see things you can't.

3. #43 DorianOmega, Apr 1, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
    What's real is your brain reacts to something be it from internal chemical reactions or induced by sensory perceptions that aren't formed internally be it "real" or not, so technically the hallucination is "real" based in that sense but beyond that since I might never have the same chemical reaction to feel or see what you see there's no way to confirm nor deny anything you've hallucinated is actually "real", but through scientific method you can deduce that being the only one to see special imagery usually after inducing chemical compounds into your system and having no way to show others that you'll have a very very hard time convincing anyone when whats real and found in "reality" is generally something others can believe and observe as well.

Basically I'm saying there is science to back and show pretty much every reason why your hallucinating based on the nature of the brain and the chemical reactions that happen there in but there is no way to prove nor disprove that hallucinations are "real" and tangible things that can be monitored and measured as is what most people like to base real things on, this is where hippies and scientists sound just as crazy as one another when they try to defintively explain one or the other as being absolutely true but neither side usually have good evidence to prove their point in the whole "realness" or "unrealness" of hallucinations, such is the basis of this thread where you claim "reality" is an illusion.

4. Life is as illusory as you make it to be.

5. Alright this is just an ignorant way for people to ignore problems in life and what your saying is basic thinking. Having a positive attitude is a good way to overcome problems. Wow, thank you for this keen and intelligent insight on life.

"My first time havin sex was in a washing machine.... I was five."
    -Thurnis Haley

6. #46 Infinite Experience, Apr 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2014
    I think you're taking my words out of context a little bit, how is removing an cloud of negativity a ignorant way to deal with problems in life? That's what creates my positive attitude to overcome those problems, like I've already said.
    And what exactly is a keen and intelligent insight on life? I would say it's mostly based on how your brain wants to perceive it by what makes you happy, excited, and opportunities of your interests.

If true then how can we trust the opinion of an illusion? Either yours or our illusionary interpretation of an illusionary reality? What referance point can be trusted?

8. For fun if what your saying is true to objectify it as real we are still left with a reality that exists and we go on existing as before. 

9. #49 Infinite Experience, Apr 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2014
    Yes, it still technically exists, but still everything you perceive is a product of the environment your brain wants to receive.

10. Lol wtf:) either your jking around or confused on the term perception means.

11. "Today sufferest thou still from the multitude, thou
    individual; today hast thou still thy courage unabated,
    and thy hopes.
    But one day will the solitude weary thee; one day will
    thy pride yield, and thy courage quail. Thou wilt one day
    cry: “I am alone!”
    One day wilt thou see no longer thy loftiness, and see
    too closely thy lowliness; thy sublimity itself will frighten
    thee as a phantom. Thou wilt one day cry: “All is false!”
    There are feelings which seek to slay the lonesome one;
    if they do not succeed, then must they themselves die!
    But art thou capable of it-to be a murderer?
    Hast thou ever known, my brother, the word “disdain”?
    And the anguish of thy justice in being just to those that
    disdain thee?
    Thou forcest many to think differently about thee; that,
    charge they heavily to thine account. Thou camest nigh
    unto them, and yet wentest past: for that they never
    forgive thee.
    Thou goest beyond them: but the higher thou risest,
    the smaller doth the eye of envy see thee. Most of all,
    however, is the flying one hated.
    “How could ye be just unto me!”-must thou say-”I
    choose your injustice as my allotted portion.”
    Injustice and filth cast they at the lonesome one: but,
    my brother, if thou wouldst be a star, thou must shine
    for them none the less on that account!
    And be on thy guard against the good and just! They
    would fain crucify those who devise their own virtue-
    they hate the lonesome ones.
    Be on thy guard, also, against holy simplicity! All is
    unholy to it that is not simple; fain, likewise, would it
    play with the fire" - Friedrich Nietzsche. Thus Spake; Zarathustra. Page 66 - 67. Commons Version.

12. #52 Infinite Experience, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
    No I'm not confused, perception is the ability to see, hear, or become aware of something through the senses.

Then try percieve the objective world and stay clear of magicians.

14. It is an illusion, but everything is real.  It is all real.

15. Life is a bitch but I appreciate her

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

To be fair we can percieve a illusion and not recognize it as such so I wouldnt say that the chemical reactions in our brains are what defines an exact interpretation of the outside world either. People can hallucinate, be dellusional, schizophrenic, blind, affected by drugs, in a dream, religous, panicked, confused, paranoid. So our perceptions may feel true and be processed as such but may or may not be a accurate representation/perception of a objective reality?

17. yup, its determining what an objective reality actually is thats still up for debate haha.

Im pretty sure most have rough idea on a day to day basis. But what is the container and how can it be defined is another matter :) Just say a tree for an example, enough people can view it to conclude that actual tree exist in this time and space of the observers objective reality. But its also a broad statement because the definition of the actual trees condition is forever changing over its existance. So a objective reality what ever that may mean only exists in snap shots of the moment and the objectivity of it has no meaning without subjectivity. 

19. This dude knows what's up

20. You can escape. It's called the unattractive process of dying? So do you really want to be free? Do you really wanna roll the dice on dying and finding out the truth? Or would you rather just accept our false reality and feel alive. Key word: feel.

-Poseidon