Life is an illusion

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Infinite Experience, Mar 16, 2014.

1. #21 Infinite Experience, Mar 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2014
    Wait for what? Wait for nothing to come and be full of anxiety and depression? I would much rather live for today, and make the most of our fleeting time here.

2. This is exactly true. What exactly is anyone waiting for? Are we waiting for someone to come fix everything for us? Because that wont get you very far in life. Ive studied existentialism a little bit and the big focus of existentialism is to denounce the notion of a predetermined meaning of life, to not just wait for some sort of enlightenment and simply create your own personal lifes meaning. Enjoy the time that you have and do what makes you happy or youll just keep waiting and waiting

3. Yeah, it doesn't matter if it's an illusion...we are living it Now. That's what 'Be Here Now' means (to me) Enjoy it while it last because it'll be gone before you know it-maybe even tomorrow.

4. You have a very simplistic mindset then. Of course positive thinking is a good way to live life that's a basic belief many people share. I find it clichéd to always look at the positive and look at the world around us as more negative than positive.

"My first time havin sex was in a washing machine.... I was five."
    -Thurnis Haley

5. Yes when I feel normal I have a very simplistic mindset, but since I'm Bipolar that changes constantly. I admit It is cliché to look at everything positively when you know everything is not, it can make you feel a little delusional but I think it's a healthier life to live than being pessimistic all the time.

6. Yeah I understand, it's more of an opinion of lifestyle I guess.

"My first time havin sex was in a washing machine.... I was five."
    -Thurnis Haley

7. colors are waves of light, just like xrays, infrared and radio.

Colors we see are colors that are not absorbed by the object.

That is, grass is green to us because grass absorbs all colors of the spectrum EXCEPT green

8. Yes they are, but how do you know if other species have evolved to see these spectrums of light the same way we have?

9. This is such bullshit.  For example if I don't go to my real job to make real money to pay my real rent I will really be homeless.  That is a real problem in my opinion, not a problem I created in my mind but a problem that I caused myself in reality.  Not sure what you are talking about but I deal with REALLY REAL problems.  

10. Did you know psychosis and schizophrenia was regarded as a "gift" during the golden era (age) of philosophy?

I've been through it, and I agree with you %100. Some people are just on the same page, some aren't. 

I'm probably interested in the sub conscious just as much as you.  :smoking: 

Enlightenment.  :smoke:

11. They are real because you've agreed your whole life that they are, you agree that you need them to be happy, that is your reality, you set in your mind what makes you happy, and those things become attracted to you.

12. That's a good point to bring up, many people are ignorant to the fact that Schizotypy is a human trait and is responsible for many great moments in history, Mathematics would be nothing like it is now without those who weren't afraid to think outside of the box and allow their minds to float to a different consciousness.

13. All perception is an illusion. Illusion can be managed and manipulated, but not eradicated.

14. Absolutely. Once the self realizes the true "I" then all of the things that have been made up to be be important will no longer effect the way one feels about corporeal life and incorporeal life!

But don't get me wrong friend, we should def have balance between the two ideas (of truth and images). Because living in the present is all we can do. So if in order to have balance in both, find things that make you eternally happy, something that you are most passionate about. And that's what you do to provide yourself the things of this society!

It all works out my friend. We just must remember our true selves and all will be well.

Don't think about it too much. Just be...

And love! >.<

~*namaste*~

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. Like this back away from the screen. seeing is believing right?

Sent from building #227

Attached Files:

16. You can tap in to what you want if you really from the bottom of your heart want it, and when you realize what those things are youll understand yourself in your purest form. The voice under all the clutter in your head. Dont mistake that as an illusion tho

17. If its all an illusion then you're not really. But then you think i'm not real, yet im sitting here consciously aware that i am. We're all just 1 cog to a great machine which is the universe

18. I agree.

I always find this topic difficult to talk about, because it's so abstract. the feeling is so hard to put into words. that everything we know about or can think about is only a construct of our culture, and all of our systems and traditions and stories are just waves of energy going out from a planet, that happened to form properly into the right conditions to foster the evolution of cells into people, into nothingness. 

there's no such thing as originality anymore. billions of people have been and will be, any idea that anyone can have is just regurgitation of something learned before in life, that was taught by our culture.

before I started having an interest in weed/drugs, I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life. I still don't know what I want to do with it. but does it really matter? being a geologist or a lawyer or a pilot will make me money, sure. i'll save that money, i'll get a place somewhere, i'll live, maybe i'll find another girl, i'll contribute to the economy (another creation of our culture), do some stuff, then i'll die. i was always plagued by guilt of my family being disappointed if i didnt make something big out of myself, but that's all done now

i've learned how to live outside the bounds of normalcy, outside the accepted views of life. i realize that i will die, and that everyone will, and that we're all different but still the same, and that none of us matters. so fuck it, blaze up, watch the sunrise and enjoy the scientific miracle of your existence and thoughts.

19. Life is an illusion if you identify with the illusion of the senses or the brain activity, however 'you' are very real indeed.  The idea of separation (also a brain activity) is another common illusion.  There is a movie going on, the movie of your life that you interpret....'you' are the blank screen to which the movie is allowed to play out.  Impartial, unchanging, formless...like water. 

20. #40 DorianOmega, Mar 31, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
    Everything that allows us to "perceive" is based on chemical reactions in our brain, our brains then use these reactions to compute and make reactions in the body based on these computations derived from these "perceptions", if these perceptions weren't true then there would never be the chemical reaction for us to know we perceived them in the first place which IMO makes the whole life is an illusion idea BS, plus I know way to many people who have taken too much acid that can tell you otherwise.

Life is very "real", the illusion part comes in when you look at how people control one another...