500-700 glass budget..Help Please

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by point5grams, Mar 15, 2014.

1. I think the ones on that site are overpriced, just my opinion but if you're not getting a premium name brand, there are guys on facebook who will make a rig with a lot more work on it than those for cheaper. That stuff is is more expensive than some mobius or toros and not up to their level.

those are sold directly by Clout Glass... it's a marketplace so the pieces are sold and shipped by the glassblowers who make them

3. So when it's sold directly without middlemen retailers it becomes more expensive?  I stand by my statement, that site is overpriced, if those blowers are overvaluing their pieces, so be it.

on that site

this is 450.00
    [​IMG]

some guy on fb makes these for 150+ shipping 
    [​IMG]

this is 155 shipped (unobtanium color)...dizzy

[​IMG]
    255 shipped..mohawk glass

[​IMG]

this sold for 450, plus matching pendant I believe

[​IMG]
    both pieces together as a set was 450.

4. damn, i want that last set. the design is amazing

5. I bought my Mobius 65t double stereo matrix for around 480 + shipping and I love it... Super smooth for flower and works well for oil too.

6. I think the artist is Alex B.  Yeah, I really like the color on that one, I was thinking about buying it but it sold before.  It'd be cool to have a minitube, matching recycler, and then ask him  to do a matching flower tube too, would make a nice looking set.  I can try to get more info for you if you're interested in a similar set but I think the price might be higher.  This one sat around for a bit so the guy lowered the price on it.

7. #28 Renier Glass, Mar 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2014
    I would go with a US Tubes. Highest quality piece i have ever owned.. and I have had 2. One was apprehended..still have the other!
     They also use in-house made joints that are thicker than any other company.
    A Full size tube with two showerheads retails for 250 and you can get an ashcatcher for 100..before you talk the guy behind the counter down another 20% :)

enough left over for a nice little rig, too :D

8. I was gunna tell u to get a brand new toro 7/13 it hits nicer than my peyote pillar if you know how to work it. U could get a nice 1 for 700 I got mine for 650. But after reading the testimonials for sublimator I think that's pretty awsome too. But I have a calcano and don't really use it I enjoy my glass more.

9. Elaborate brother, why does it hit nicer than a pillar and how should you hit it? I'm looking for pieces that are "nicer" than the pillar in some way.

Best regards
    k

10. Nothing beats the pillar hahah. Damn I get so blazed off that thing its unpleasant after a few weeks of just being so fucking stoned. But anyways what about Sg stem 8? I hear those are smoother than the peyote pillar although the pillar isn't smooth, it will put you on your ass.It is known for flavor but also I swear it increases the potency. I think it allows for you to get more thc or something with the dry chamber.  But yea I would say the stem 8 many say is nicer in smoothness then the peyote pillar. you will spend like 600 on that. use the extra 100 on a b Wilson slide.

11. I have the natty neck hollow-foot pillar. I'm really liking the 7/13 cuz it's easier to take a green hit. I can milk it as long as I want and don't gotta worry about having enough lung power to clear it cuz it clears in half a second. The piller takes more lung power to clear I put the toro bowl on it for more suction so it clears a little faster.

As far as how to work it, like most bongs pull soft till you burn the whole bowl n the ash falls through keep pulling slow till you see that the smoke is getting thinner start pullin harder so bubbles hit top of chamber and pull bowl out ( very important do not stop pulling when you remove the bowl. When you're about to pull keep the suction consistent so the bubbles hit the roof of the chamber and don't stop pulling till a sec after you remove bowl. This constant even suction while pulling the bowl will make the rest of the smoke shoot up into you hold it in for a sec and let it go. If done right this should give you a nice fat tasty hit. You can pack pretty fat snappers if you learn the technique properly. I've seen people milk their bong stop pulling remove the bowl then clear this doesn't create the smoke shooting into your lungs effect IMO it should be one constant motion. I also heard sovereignty stem 8s are awesome watched some youtube videos though and they seem to leave a tiny bit of smoke in the chamber after the clear but I heard they are smooth as hell and you could pull forever. I would show a milk vid with my toro and and my pillar but uploading vids is kinda complicated on the site. If you can find an OG straight neck pillar those clear a lot faster than the hollow foot natty neck. Sry for the long post

12. Much appreciated guys, thank you.

13. Get a sovereignty glass anything with a bc 2012/2013/2014, hits amazing. And you'll have enough for a nice slide

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Attached Files:

14. id get a vape if i had that much to spend haha but thats just me

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. For that price id recommend a toro or a sovereignty. Youll be happy with any of their pieces. Or you can get a medicali and a vape for the price. I wouldnt worry to much about an ashcatcher yet. Theyre usually just a hassle. And i would stick to one perc to limit the drag. If you find out you need to cool your hits more or your bong gets dirty fast then i would look into an ashcatcher

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

16. #37 Big Juice, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2014
    Thick quality glass.calm

Its mostly China chit on there but I got this setup for ~$150

1397931439960.jpg

Sent from my XT1058 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Looks like a lot of drag  :eek: