500-700 glass budget..Help Please

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by point5grams, Mar 15, 2014.

1. I got a 500-700 dollar budget (for real!) And I want to get a nice piece..With the works well I want a ashcatcher...showerhead...I'm new to the glass scene but want a nice piece to have and I don't want to have to buy nothing else for a minute. ...can my blades help me out?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. If for flowers try maybe getting a 2nd hand toro full size tree to circ and worry about the ac later. Or maybe a 2014BC showerhead with some work on it. Look around dude

3. Save another $300 and buy something worth it

4. #4 tstick, Mar 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2014
    My advice is to avoid too many "devices" . I did the same thing when I first went out for some glass…..I thought I needed triple percolators and ash catchers and …everything. So, I bought a pretty nice setup…and it just wasn't me. I went back to the drawing board and got some sage advice from people on this forum….mainly, to avoid spending money for poorly-joined, cheap-quality Chinese glass that's made to look like a good deal "most bang for the buck" and all that….but what you really want to look for are pieces that have proven to FUNCTION well. 

And another point that I am very particular towards….I like to keep my pieces squeaky-clean. I clean my stuff every day and it looks like it's brand-new….but that's me. I looked for an easy-to-clean design.

And lastly, but not leastly….The quality of the glass, itself is very important ….and also that the maker has annealed the glass in such a way to give it strength.

I found all these qualities in a company called K-9 Tubes in Portland, OR. I spent $200 for a Pug Macro and got all of the above and the bonus is that it functions perfectly for an oil rig or as a regular bubbler for flowers. It's the easiest thing in the world to keep clean with just regular salt/alcohol and a bit of shaking….then hot water to rinse…golden!

But I was also eyeballing those Mobius pieces for a long time, too. Lots of people love those and they always get raves. 

5. i want this

[​IMG]

6. Damn, where'd you find this?

7. #7 Strollin'crow, Mar 15, 2014
    on google

i was trying to find a picture of someone smoking out of a terrible busted ass bong, giving OP the finger.

$500-$700 could take me pretty far

but then i saw that thing, and now i feel like id do just fine on foot wandering the earth with that thing

8. #8 Johnny Blazed, Mar 15, 2014
    save another 300 to make it 1000? jesus i had no idea people were spending that much on bongs

seems like for 700 you could get a pretty awesome bong and vape

9. Yeah. Not everyone has that kind of money to burn but if you do, a cheap heady could run u 1G and there's nothing like smoking of a 1 of a kind piece..that's just my opinion

10. Yeah. Not everyone has that kind of money to burn but if you do, a cheap heady could run u 1G and there's nothing like smoking of a 1 of a kind piece..that's just my opinion

11. Always amazed me how people could buy a piece for the same amount of money they could get a QP for.

12. Cuz we smoke pounds

13. #13 dankness420, Mar 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2014
    [SUB]Custom German made RooR?[/SUB]

[SUB]I know that's on my bucketlist somewhere.[/SUB]

[SUB]Also I should add....Have you her of The Sublimator  ?[/SUB]
    [SUB]I guess its like an enail, looks amazing and would love to hit one, seems like you may be close in the budget.  Although you are looking at $1000+ for all the fancy add ons.[/SUB]

14. Yea you could get some really nice pieces for $700 but if you are just looking scientific then like someone said before a toro full size circ(shower head) 13 arm for $550-650 used with colored lips and matching cap on the 13 arm ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1394991401.474219.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. You can pick up such a nice piece for 200$

16. People drop a lot more than that.  Some guy has a sick collection of worked motherships.  Prob about 70-80k in glass right there.  Damn I want that egg so bad.  20k is probably the biggest price tag I've ever seen on something.

[​IMG]

17. #17 DMR921, Mar 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2014
    Aqua labs would be a great place to look.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. debauchery

19. #19 Strollin'crow, Mar 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2014
    fine art collection

the culmination of countless hours on the torch, mastery through time and effort, in effect paying off by being valued by the consumer/ collector

20. Like another poster mentioned. If you want something that will work for everything, take a look at the Sublimator http://www.sublimator.ca/ and you're all set. Right around $700 and last year's model is on sale for about $550 I think. It doesn't have the "sexy" that a nice mothership or worked heady glass might have, but after anyone hits it they'll still fall in love.