Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Need Urgent Help Rick simpson oil dosage and side effect

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Franky_v, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Hi Friends,

My mother is suffering from cancer. she has cancer tumor in kidney and left foot thigh. exactly 1.5 years back she was diagnosed with throat cancer and we had a surgery for that but six months we find out that cancer started spreading and tumors were found in mutiple places as mentioned in kidney and left foot thigh. [ CT SCAN - http://i61.tinypic.com/2rm5tah.jpg ]

After searching for 1 months or so i decided to use Rick simpson oil to cure her cancer. One of my friend bought it for me from his group. the results of oil extracts can be found here - http://i61.tinypic.com/4j3rr7.jpg. so for 1.5 week back i started giving her the RSO each night 0.2 grams. during starting she felt little pluckings and then very good sleep following by early morning dizziness. but once her full sleep is completed she felt great. she told me her pain was gone. her breathing problem was gone and she was really happy about it. during 4th day night she wake up and complained to me she is feeling really weird. her body is out of her control and feelings of dizziness, Vomiting, nausea. she vomited once so i called doctor and doctor gave her one bottle and 3 injections and after that treatment she vomited and after that she sleeped till morning. again for few days all was okay but as the week got past i tried to increase her dose to 0.3 grams and to give it her two times a day from yesterday but yesterday afternoon she felt the same way as before and after 1 drink of simple soda she became normal again. but today i tried to give her again and again she felt the same problem and i had to call doctor today again. doctor gave her same treatment.

Now i am really worried about this. can anybody explain to me what could be the reason? i know i can't give her huge dose so i am keeping her dose to 0.15G only each time. but that also seems to create problems her during day time. and i am really concerned about her health after this doctor's visit. Can anybody with experience tell me is this normal or something bad happening to her. i am almost feeling broken right now. i am praying for her now. so guys please help me.

2. Frankie, she is having trouble building up a tolerance- some folks do. Just keep her on the .2 low dose for now. My hubby had the same reaction when he had some RSO. He took a tiny bit more than usual and had all the same symptoms, although he didn't vomit, he was very nauseous. A hot shower or bath can help relieve the symptoms, just like in cannabinoid hyperemesis (a reaction to a cannabis overdose. Yes, you CAN overdose on cannabis, just not fatally! It is NOT pleasant.)

This is why I recommend to folks starting out on RSO to dilute it with an oil (preferably one with Omega 3, flax seed oil, hemp seed  oil, etc). It is MUCH easier to control the dose. The concentrated RSO is VERY easy to overdo- even a small fraction of a gram can make the difference between a therapeutic dose and an overdose!

When diluted in an oil, the THC is evenly distributed and "X" drops today will give you the same amount as "X" drops tomorrow.  I have seen RSO that did not appear to be quite even in texture- some of it appeared to be slightly less thick that the rest. I am wondering if you hit a "thick spot" and she got more than usual?

And blades, I am having some problems with GC- when I check for new content, even if there are 100s of new posts, I click and I get told there is "NO NEW CONTENT"! (It is being looked into by the tech dudes) But for now, I am kind of "handicapped". If you have a serious problem that needs my help, PM me!

Granny

3. Hey Granny,

Thanks for your help again. i have natural flex seed oil can i dilute rso with it? can you tell me procedure to do it ? like do i need to heat it or i just need to mix oil with rso.

the other guy in different forum told me i am using pure THC and no CBD oil [ http://i61.tinypic.com/4j3rr7.jpg.]. do you think this might be a problem?

4. You need to gently warm the RSO and oil together. It should feel warn, not hot, if you stick your finger in the oil. I use a little tea cup warmer and an antique glass tea cup. I like the glass cup because I can see if the RSO is completely mixed in.

Pure THC and no CBD oil could be contributing to the problem because CBD counteracts some of THC's psychoactive effects, which means that most people can tolerate a lot more oil if it contains CBD.

Gemstoner's right on. As is Stormcrow on mixing the RSO in oil. I use coconut oil and it makes a big difference from just taking the RSO straight. The dosing becomes much more accurate and you tolerate, digest, it better.
    That's an incredibly high THC oil. Wow! I would shop around and get a different strain of Indica or even a hybrid. That high a THC load with no CBD balance would have the room spinning. Northern Lights is a strain suggested by Rick Simpson, but there are many more that'd work. You might also try one during the days with a bit more Sativa in it. . It's a nice, balanced, strain.  It would energize her some and you'd still be getting the oil into her. I use the two types of oil myself, Sativa for days and Indica at night, so that I can keep my dosage up 24/7. Daytime functional and night time sleep. Your Mom needs as much medicine as she can handle and then some.  
    There's some great forums on here about cooking with cannabis. Incredible recipes. Another good way to get oil, and a few calories, into your Mom .
    Good luck,
    Harley

7. #7 Honokiol, Mar 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2014

Flax seed oil mixes well and works well but goes rancid more quickly than most, hemp seed oil has better shelf stability both should be kept in the fridge until used.  Using flax seed oil you don't want to store more than a week or two worth in the fridge.  Any more than that should stay in the freezer until you are ready to use it. 

Adding CBD to what you have may or may not help with O.D..  It is worth adding to the medicine no mater what if you have the opportunity for cancer fighting reasons. 

There are a small cluster of genetic abnormalities that can cause the body to have a reduced ability to break down Cannabinoids and or Endocannabinoids.  Many of us have one of the abnormalities or another.  A few of more than one of these abnormalities.  The more of these abnormalities a single person has the more difficult it becomes to avoid overdose.  The stuff our bodies make to break down cannabinoids after they have done their jobs are proteins.  When I overdose I find eating an oily fish like Smoked or Baked Salmon helps within an hour or so.  Tuna works also but not as well or as fast as an oily piece of salmon.  Smoked Salmon is my preference because it stores well and I don't have to wait for my wife to cook it.  We just get it out and I eat it.  Whole hulled hemp seeds can be ground into a peanut butter like substance that with a little salt added to taste also works well, can be prepared ahead of time and stored in the fridge for instant use when OD occurs.

Black Pepper is a bioenhancer for Cannabinoids making then pass through the skin more easily and blocking the breakdown of cannabinoids after they have been consumed.  It can make a dose 200% stronger than expected. (Turns 1 dose into 3 doses)  It also causes the effect of the dose to last twice as long as expected by interfering with Cannabinoid breakdown along the same pathway as the genetic variation discussed above so our bodies cant break down the cannabinoids as quickly as would otherwise occure.  I use it on purpose to reduce the cost of medicine but it is possible to make your self OD if your a pepper lover and don't know about the interaction.

Acetaminophen aka Tylenol metabolizes into a cannabinoid uptake inhibitor and should be avoided if possible by patients using cannabinoids.  All of my overdoses were associated with Tylenol consumption.  It took me over a year to figure it out.

There are a large number of cannabinoid antagonists that are easily accessible and have similar cancer fighting properties to the cannabinoids. 

- Edit new message below - They may help patients overdosing to displace cannabinoids from the receptor and blunt the effect of overdose but I don't know any one who has needed to try it yet. Resveratrol and black pepper capsules, or curcumin and black pepper capsules may work as a rescue medicine for cannabis overdose. 

I use Turmeric and Catechin's in alternation with Cannabis to reduce tollerance.

see also:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/?term=%22Cancer%22+%22Green+Tea%22
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/?term=%22Cancer%22+%22Curcuma+longa%22
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/?term=%22Cancer%22+%22Resveratrol%22

8. Hey guys,

Thank you all you wonderful people. @[member="granny"] again thank you. I am currently in talks with lot of people about this and i have decided to try this thing on first me i.e. for two days i will use diffrent way to take dosage and then i will post here the results. few guys have told me there is way so it doesn't feels euphoric if you take it that way and effects would be same so i am going to try that on my self as my mom is still recovering from last time effects.

@Honokioil thanks for the tip man do you the himalayan solt would have the same effect ? i have black paper also but do you think i need to find high quality black paper or any local black paper will also work ?

You are welcome.

fresh ground black is the most used in Ayurveda as far as I know.  White works well for me.  For the purpose herbal medicine fresh cured is best for potency.  Long Pepper a related species is also used but less common in the market.

Your welcome be carefull.  Fresh cured unheated extraction of cannabis is best for the avoidance of intoxication but may not be right for some cancers.  I am not qualified to recommend in this area for cancer.  In some cases over cured to create CBN can be used to advantage in the avoidance intoxication.  This again can be right for one cancer and not another and I'm not qualified to make a recommendation.

This is what I make for my self:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/blog/9461/entry-12204-rx-asthmacough-medicine-and-ashtma-treatment/

10. I re-thought what I said above and edited out a line.  Though the literature states that a cannabinoid antagonist will unseat a cannabinoid from the receptor if the binding affinity is higher than the cannabinoid it is replacing and that antagonists are not intoxicating I have been identifying high value sources of antagonists in my diet by feel for a year and a half now.  Usually it starts by reading that this food or that food is anti-inflammatory and helps something wrong with me. When i read more the list of things it improves when consumed regularly starts lining up with the issues cannabis is known to treat.  Then sometimes a month or two later I find the cannabinoid  or cannabinoid antagonist in the food in the research literature. 

Diversity of cannabinoids consumed is well known to have synergistic effect both within the set found in cannabis and between plant cannabinoids and endocannabinoids.  My experience is that chronic low level intoxication goes up as a diet based circadian alternation among the widest possible array of cannabinoids and cannabinoid antagonists is consumed.  For me the light started to come on as I was reading about cannabinoid control of diet and metabolism. 

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/?term=%22Cannabinoid%22+%22Diet%22

I saw the circadian rhythm of endocannabinoids and and dietary cannabinoid antagonist turning hunger on and off like a blinking light.  Then I saw this when reading about tolerance.

Chronic Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol treatment in rhesus monkeys: differential tolerance and cross-tolerance among cannabinoids
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3051379/?report=classic

and this

Unique agonist-bound cannabinoid CB1 receptor conformations indicate agonist specificity in signaling
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2279194/?report=classic

which brings me to showing you a few more searches and suggesting an all of the above approach at what ever dose the patient can tolerate.  The known cannabinoids in Seaweed and Berries are in the Catechin group like Green Tea but there may be others I don't know about yet or that have not yet been identified. Some Berries can also contain Resveratrol grapes being only one of the berries with Resveratrol in them Mulberries at least also contain it.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/?term=%22Cancer%22+%22Seaweed%22
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/?term=%22Cancer%22+%22Brown+Seaweed%22
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/?term=%22Cancer%22+%22Berries%22

11. #11 helloscientist, Mar 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2014
    Get an extract with the most CBD you can find, idealy 1:1 ratio or better. It can be really hard to find.

If you can't then make her a THCA extract that is not heated (not decarboxylated). THCA doesn't pass the blood brain barrier and isn't psychoactive so you can work up fast to a realy high dosage. Here is a simple guide some parents use to make THCA medication for their babies. If a baby can take it in high doses, hopefully your mom will also tolerate it well.

http://tokesignals.com/parents-thca-tincture-works-just-as-well-as-cbd-for-pediatric-seizures-heres-how-to-make-it/

I suggest you edit the emails in your post to be like I did, bots troll these forums and will sign up any written email address to hundreds of spam lists.

13. Is this email legit? I'm desperately trying to find it but don't want to get ripped off

14. 2 months ago I would have read (maybe) this thread and gone on.

Today, I have cancer….

After reading the post about using the oil and leaving the email for contact I was very excited.

Read the followup that talks about scammers…..makes me sick how some people will do things like that just to make a buck.

15. Id be spinning from a Trainwreck oil too! Damn. 

I'd think adding lavender or some sort of terpene based balance to the oil could help during the dosage increasing process, no?

Also, is she eating before medicating? A cracker of something in her tummy might go a long way in helping her. 

16. #16 Gemstoner, Sep 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2014
    Oil in Capsules → Will Get High vs. Oil on Food → Not so Much???
    I take about ¼ gram of RSO daily. I always took the oil in a capsule until I got lazy about three months ago when I bought new oil. Instead of the capsule, I started just putting it on food, like on a piece of bread, a cracker or some licorice (tastes good to me). While taking it on food, I noticed that I wasn't feeling high like I was when using capsules; but I attributed the change to having new and different oil. This week, though, I went back to capsules and am getting high again. Anyone have a similar experience?

17. #17 beaniegrl420, Sep 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2014
    @[member="Gemstoner"] Are you also eating when you take the capsules? An empty stomach is usually going to lead to a more potent medicating experience. Also, it may be the lack of saliva affecting the oil. That first trigger of digesting may be breaking up the oil before you can really get it in your system? That's a total guess though.

Interesting, maybe it is the saliva. Basically my stomach was probably about the same taking the oil with and without the capsule, except for the small piece of food used with the oil.

19. Then my money is on the saliva

20. Does anyone have information about this Dr. Palmer?