In need of some help picking best vape pen. DAB TOG GENTLEMANS BRAND?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by eko0724, Mar 14, 2014.

1. #1 eko0724, Mar 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2014
    Hello,

I was hoping if someone could point me in the right direction. I currently have a gpen that I use for wax and just recently bought the dry herb tank. I am not a fan of the dry herb tank... b/c of the taste and smell. I am also starting to get a little frustrated with my gpen... the hits are so small and I have to constantly refill.

I have heard good things about Gentleman's Brand glass globe (in fact I have heard good things about pens that have glass globes) and also good things about DAB OTG pens. (Has anyone had any personal experience with any of these pens?) If the pen can also do dry herb that will be a plus but it doesn't have to. I have also heard that it may be best to make your own... but I am un sure where to even start.

What I am looking for:
    Big hits - the bigger the better
    Nice size tank so that I don't have to refill after every hit
    Glass Globe tank (or a pen that has the option to add a glass globe)
    Does not have to be stealthy! I use my gpen outside the home but for the next pen I want to buy, especially one with a glass globe, I will be using it in private.
    Under $200

Thank you so much!
    I know that until tomorrow 3/15/14 Gentleman's Brand has their brand new version on sale for $99. With adding the glass globes the price is still in my budget... would you also just reccomend the starter set?

2. bump cuz im in the market for a globe to attach to a basic/generic ecig battery

3. Never tried the globe but the regular gentlemans brand hash tank had better flavor than my rig. I love them

4. On personal experience i have not found a better hitting pen for wax other than the vape ape.. i love it... ad of now i am using a custom globe with the vape ape battery because the battery rocks... will last me all day on one charge and its pretty small... i have also heard very good reviews on the gentlemans pen but have not owned or used one myself... but i do have a few other atomizers and the atmos Jr which in my case really completely sucks compared to the vape ape...... my opinion is that if u r buying a new brand go for the vape ape... but if u want to save about 30 - 40$ just build ur own pen.. make you feel a little more unique to :D  

5. I actually found myself looking to augment my Atmosrx with something like a globe (although if I am correct in my thinking, I may not be able to use my RX batteries as they may not be 510).

Anyway, giving this thread a bump up because with what limited research I did, some of the better globes out there appear to be OTG, Vape Ape, and Gentleman brand. Now, it doesn't sound like I'd go wrong with any of them, but I dont want a graveyard of junk in my place and like to make the right call the first time around.

Can anyone with experience say how the OTG, Gentleman and Ape globes all stack up? Is there a clear cut winner?

6. #6 JayStreet, May 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2014
    I own a Gentleman's globe and their normal v2 cartridges...they suck. They aren't anything better than your current pen. That company blows. Their customer service sucks even more than their product. I ordered the globe and spare atomizer pack and more than 50% of the atomizers were dead on arrival. Even when working properly they still sucked, nothing great and a bad taste. I stopped using them immediately.

For dry herb a pen is not going to work. They all claim they can do dry herb but none of them really can. They all end up combusting the herb. I have had a lot of pens and none of them work well for dry herb. The Pax is the only one that works for herb well IMO.

For concentrates I have a Omicron-lite with the titanium KISS cartridges. You can get this pen for 70 bucks and it is well worth every penny. W9 makes quality products and their KISS cartridges are top notch, they are clean and taste great. No harsh chemicals and sketchy products. The KISS cartridges work awesome with wax, shatter, etc. and they can be soaked in ISO to clean which means they last a long time. Any products from W9 are solid and will be perfect for you!

With all pens you can typically find a globe to fit your pen. Personally, the only benefit is visually seeing your hits, I hate globes because they get messy and break easily. I stopped using my globes because they always break.

7. Listen, a bunch of people look for pens every day on this site, and I try to point them to the T-vape. It is the only one with real user reviews that has a reputation of vaporizing instead of combusting. You will not find any other pen vaporizer that vaporizes. They are "convection" and they have no regulated temperature so they keep heating up. Glass won't help.

Thanks for the reccomendation, albeit unsoliscited. So it seems like you dont care for gentlemen brand, but dont have an opinion on the other brands I mentioned (but rather think highly of a whole different brand, W9, although I will say I already looked into the Omicron and found it to have some things about it that I didn't really care for if I recall).

Ok? Your post sounded a little but like an advertisement rather than a personal endorsement, and I did actually want to hear about the brands I asked about...

But ok, this pen you like so much, any links to all of this positive press? Convection/combustion arguments aside, the Atmos I use can produce pretty good hits compared to other pens, at the very least.

P.S. I was not and am not seeking out any of these devices for dry herb, I have better equipment for that already, this is all for concentrates.

Which Pen do you recommend for wax/oil/shatter? 

Just came from another "vape" thread,  which also had no positive feedback from any member. 

I understand there are many vapes out there right now, but is there really none that shines the most out of most of the others? the "always referred to" vape pen? 

Been looking at vape threads for days all to find comments that aren't that helpful. 

The Vape Sabre seemed very promising, but their warranty, not so much. 

Now to move on to more threads in hope of some helpful feedback..  

There really isn't a preferred vape pen that everyone goes to because of the unreliability they can bring. If you go to WaxPayne's make your own wax pen thread, he's got great information on how to build your own vape pen and they usually last longer and are much cheaper than name brand vape pens. Here is the link to his thread, it's a hefty read but he's got lots of great links for building your own vape pen.

wowowowowow a pal of mine told me to read this a long time ago.. never did.

thanks for the link man. Really appreciate it. Have you tried replicating this ? 

12. I personally haven't because I have no need for pen vapes, I use herbs way more. But there are lots of testimonials in there.

13. still pretty happy with that vhit, and its only $15 if you got everything else like battery and charger.