Texas organic guerilla grow

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by deathlesszero, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Hey guys. I'm relatively new to growing and this is the first time i've put together my own soil. Feel free to leave your suggestions/questions.

So far ive got a ~2 x 2 hole with 1/3 perlite, 1/3 peat moss and 1/3 bagged organic compost from home depot. I also put in about 2.5 cups of lime and 5 cups of Happy Frog fruit&flower dry fertilizer. Oh and i also added probably 4-5 cups of rock dust i got from near by railroad tracks. Not sure if its the same as the stuff you buy but i figured why not, lol. I ordered some Neem Cake and plan to add some DE to the soil for pest control. I need to get some BT for the caterpillars and I already have some neem oil. The plot is pretty close to where i live so il be able to access it pretty much whenever i feel like it. Im only growing one because i don't want to have to haul water for multiple plants in the texas summer.

2. #2 deathlesszero, Mar 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2014
    Pic of the hole

Attached Files:

3. #3 lFourTwenty, Mar 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2014

I would plant at least 4..they don't need THAT much water..plus if ur already taking water up there, might as well take another gallon or 2

Edit: That looks like it would work fine though

4. #4 deathlesszero, Mar 14, 2014
    yeah true. I may plant one more cause when i ordered my seed i got a free one with it. but id have to buy more compost. I have plenty of peat and perlite still

5. #5 deathlesszero, Mar 15, 2014
    Just ordered some food grade diatomaceous earth and some bacillus thuringiensis. My plan is when i receive my seeds is to put them in 1 gal smart pots and keep them on my window sill with a fan slightly hitting them to make the stems nice and sturdy. Il also be moving it on my porch to get some sun occasionally. After about 3 weeks to a month il transplant her outside to her final home.

6. #6 deathlesszero, Mar 16, 2014
    Im waiting on my Barney Farms pineapple chunk seed. Anybody familiar with that strain?

7. #7 deathlesszero, Mar 20, 2014
    I just got my food grade DE. I have no clue how much to add to my soil though. Anyone know? Its a 2cft hole

8. How many you plan on planting out there? You can grow some Trees down here in TEXAS.

9. Just two for now cause thats all the seeds il have. Thinkin about a 3rd cause i have a bagseed from a while ago.

10. I love growing outdoors it seems like the plant doesnt have to deal with nute issues or heat its just the bugs but other than that its the best.

11. Heat is definitely an issue where i live lol. It gets 100+ easy in the summer

12. Just keep em watered good.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. You will need to provide additional light indoor until the days get long enough. By then she will be ready for outdoors.

14. #14 deathlesszero, Mar 21, 2014
    yeah i think il invest in a little cfl lamp or something. Thanks.

15. #15 deathlesszero, Mar 23, 2014
    I dug a second plot the other day. I bought some fencing for it, but it wasnt enough, lol. More pics comin soon

16. It will take more than a little cfl. Early flowering will ruin your yield and it's better to pull them and start over.

17. #17 OldPork, Mar 27, 2014
    Never grew it myself, but some well respected growers around GC have it this year as one of their primary strains...and I saw this year's Pineapple Chunk seeds (I helped a friend who was getting his orders seized in Chicago by bringing them thru NYC)...healthy big round beans...like I've never seen that size before.  Something damn good has to be contained therein.  Oh BTW here's my soil mix.  I would suggest some blood and bone meals, but watch for varmints they like to dig in it.

Per 1 Gallon Promix or Peat
    2 Tablespoons - Bone Meal
    1 Tablespoons - Blood Meal
    2 Tablespoons - Dolomitic Lime
    20% of soil mix - Worm Castings
    10% of soil mix – Perlite if using straight Peat Moss
    A teaspoon of epsom salts (optional)

Per 10 gallons Promix or Peat
    1-1/4 cups of bone meal
    5/8 cups of blood meal
    1-1/4 cups of dolomitic lime
    20% of worm castings (2 gallon)
    10% of soil mix – Perlite if using straight Peat Moss (1 gallon)
    1/5 cup epsom salts (optional)

18. Excuse me y'all hey old pork that soil mix you just posted is this enough to last through veg and flower or do you have to use teas, sprays ???

I use Sunleaves Mexican (high N) bat guano every week as a top dressing, along with Fish emulsion and CALMAG plus.
    I switch to Indonesian (high P) guano for flower.  If I can, I'll bury a whole fish (trout) about 3 inches under the root ball when planting in mother earth, it really helps sustain them with a slow release of natural organics..but you need to keep it real clean or the animals will smell it.  Again you need to watch out for digging vermin.  So the soil mix is good but additonal feeding may be needed.

I try to keep it as organic as possible. 

20. maybe il just wait then cause i havnt planted anything yet