noob 2: noob harder

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by unplugged, Mar 14, 2014.

No difference between an ACT and AACT..... but there is a big difference between an AACT and an Alfalfa/Kelp Botanical Tea.

The Alfalfa/Kelp tea is to feed the plant.  The AACT is to reinvigorate the beneficial microbe herd, and help fight anaerobic pathogens.

Everything you could ever want to know about AACTs is available here: http://www.microbeorganics.com/  And some damn good AACT recipes, as well!

If I were you.... I'd start making the AACT now with my air pump.  At the same time, I'd start re-hydrating some kelp and alfalfa now, to make pastes out of.  I'd use the AACT first, as a foliar and as a soil drench.  Then, whenever the plant is ready for more water (2-3 days later), I'd hit it with the Kelp/Alfalfa tea 

Here's some LD info on how to rehydrate and make a paste out of kelp or alfalfa meal:

[SIZE=12pt]Take 1/4 cup of kelp meal and cover that with about 1/2 cup of water and let it completely re-hydrate. Once that is done then pour off any excess water and use that for a kelp meal tea.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Take the hydrated kelp meal and puree it as much as possible to make a kelp meal paste. You'll want to do this in small batches and store in the refrigerator in the coldest place which is usually in a corner.

When you need to apply a kelp meal tea than add about 2 tsp. to 1 gallon of water, shake until it's completely dispersed and this is a safe concentration for spraying the leaves and you would probably want to double that amount to apply to the soil.

That's it!

Coot
    [/SIZE]

2. #62 unplugged, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014

Thanks! Glad to have you!

So then why is an alfalfa/kelp tea not an AACT?

Nevermind. Didn't see that Gandalf had already answered this. lol

Thanks for the knowledge! I'll put this into action.

4. #64 unplugged, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
    Spark
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. I honestly wouldn't have thought that picture would be as cool as it is...... great camera to capture the spark, and that single round "drop" of fire hanging in the air......

6. Thanks for the kelp paste dircections GTG, I've been thinking about that lately and haven't taken to time to find it.

7. Good info Gtg, saved me from typing it.:D

Twas Ever Thus!

8. #70 gardnerthegardener, Apr 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
    Doh...double post

Thanks! Here's an unrelated one you may like:

Fractal.
    [​IMG]

A snowflake in mid-air. :)

In weed related news, I removed the two large fan leaves from each plant. They're starting to look bushy. :)

I'll have pics soon. Been doing yard work while the weather is nice.
    :smoke:

Attached Files:

10. Topping seems to have been a great success. Except for one that FIMed. lol I'm not sure what I should do about that one. It's looking funky:
    _MG_4107.jpg

Other than that, garden's looking good.
    _MG_4085.jpg _MG_4088.jpg _MG_4093.jpg

Haven't done the AACT foliar yet. Don't have any neem. The suspect plant is showing similar patterns in other leaves. It may in fact be a mutation.

11. love the clover...... when you FIM, the new growth often comes in very mis-shapen or crinkled-looking... I'm sure it's doin just fine.  Looks good in here!

I was trying to top but I missed and I was like, "fuck."  lol
    So far I've just let it ride. Bent it over though and tied it down.

13. Looking great, unplugged! I'd definitely get some neem or karanja oil ASAP. Better to order it before ye need it that it is to wait till you are in need and have to wait on shipping. I'm sure that gandalf or somebody has given you the link already... but www.neemresource.com carries Ahimsa Organic Neem and Karanja products. These are probably the highest-quality neem products available.

Bought 8oz. cold pressed neem oil. Thanks!

15. im subb'd in! looking real nice, how are the tobacco plants coming along?

Thanks! And welcome!

Tobacco didn't sprout. I didn't do a great job taking care of them during germination. I've started over in peat pots and this time I can actually see that they are germinating. No sprouts yet though.

17. Decided recently to put down the glass and roll my smoke. Rolled several of these yesterday.  :smoke:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

18. [​IMG]

Attached Files: