noob 2: noob harder

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by unplugged, Mar 14, 2014.

1. You're having a son??  Congrats bro!!!

I am! Thanks man!

3. :hello:  :hello:  :smoke:  :smoking:  :bongin:  :yay:  :D   Killer bro!  That's a really awesome thing.... is this your first?

4. Not the first pregnancy but (hopefully) the first birth. This one's far enough along to be mostly out of danger though so we're hopeful. :)

5. I'll send some positive energy your way..... purple and white light..... 

A reference to the Sahasrara? :)

Thanks man!

I remember recovering from something, and getting a card from an aunt that said something about sending me purple and white light..... it sort of stuck with me as a means of saying you were sending healing, positive energy.  She was basing it on Reiki, I believe.

8. Sending many positive vibes your way buddy! Congrats man :)

9. giving my chakras a rub for the kid.

Twas Ever Thus!

10. Seedlings look strong. Clover is starting to come in.
    _MG_3146.jpg _MG_3148.jpg _MG_3151.jpg _MG_3152.jpg _MG_3155.jpg

Does anyone have suggestions for adding a bunch of extra N to my soil? I'm about to germinate my N. Rustica and I've read it really eats up N. Supposedly it's known for completely depleting the soil of it.

11. Well..... any manure is typically high N..... blood meal.... fish hydrolysate.... alfalfa.... and then if you're looking to make botanical teas or FPEs.... the plants with the most N are: Cucumber (fruit); Cauliflower (leaf and fruit); Stinging Nettle (leaf); Dill (plant); Lettuce (leaf); Spinach (leaf); and any sort of bean.

I have fish hydrolysate on hand.Can I just mix it into the soil before planting like I would with a dry fertilizer? Thanks for the info about plants for the teas as well. That'll definitely come in handy soon.

13. Well, no lol.... I wasn't too clear I guess lol.  The hydrolysate would be best as a tea as well..... I just grouped the plants together cause I got them from one website.

For mixing into the soil.... manure, blood meal, alfalfa.... if you're going to let this soil cycle, you could actually take any of those plants and shred them up and mix them into the soil.  You could pick some nettle, or buy some organic cucumber, dill, iceberg lettuce, or spinach.... shred it in any way that seems best to you, and mix it right in.

Anyway.... if it were me... I'd probably mix an extra cup of alfalfa meal per cubic foot into the mix (since alfalfa is cheap and most growers have it on hand or want to have it)... and maybe some pureed cucumber, lettuce, or spinach.  Then I would use alfalfa and fish hydrolysate teas throughout the grow to make sure it has plenty of N, if it does prove to need as much N as you've heard.

14. #34 unplugged, Mar 29, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
    Thanks! I just finished mixing it all. I mixed it with extra peat that I had hydrated and added alfalfa to the usual kelp, lime, azomite and tomato tone. I hear it likes the soil to be a little on the denser side and moist. I portioned out what I need for four plants in 5gal fabric pots and then mixed the rest of the soil from my last grow, which included leftover plant matter from teas I had made, and mixed all that together to lighten it back up a bit for transplanting six cannabis plants into the 7.5 gal root pouches in a few weeks. Took all the soil I had though so I'm going to have to mix up more for my new special flowers I just ordered seeds for.  B)

15. [media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gfoj-vSeVeI[/media]

Made a world where the father doesn't know his son. But the drugs let the child know God if he want.

16. #37 unplugged, Apr 1, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
    Sun is shinin'. Weather is sweet.
    [​IMG]

_MG_3663.jpg _MG_3671.jpg

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fccb4tGCQWk[/media]

_MG_3641.jpg _MG_3646.jpg _MG_3658.jpg _MG_3659.jpg
    Gave the girls their first proper watering in at least a week this morning. I'd been misting the surface of the soil daily to keep it moist for the clover. I let it dry out for about 48 hours and then gave them a drenching. I'd been kinda waiting to see when they would show signs of underwatering. I think the curling you can see here is evidence of that:
    _MG_3649.jpg

I topped them all too. Did three of them last night and then this morning said fuck it and did the other three. So far so good I think. I'm going to let them dry out and then give them a kelp/alfalfa tea later in the week.
    _MG_3650.jpg _MG_3654.jpg

Attached Files:

17. Lookin good bro!  How are your temps in there?  That curling can be a sign of heat stress....

I think they're in the mid 70s to low 80s. I moved my gauge beneath the table they're on to keep a closer eye on the N. Rustica I'm trying to germinate under there so I don't know for sure. It could be warmer than I think it is. I also raised the light two clicks to help with that.

19. I'm pulling up a chair really wanna see how that clover helps. Congrats on the son.