noob 2: noob harder

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by unplugged, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Germinated six Jack Herer bag seeds on Monday, 3/10. This time around I'll be trying some super cropping techniques like topping. I plan to use a living mulch like clover or something too.

I'm high and I have hopes!

Attached Files:

2. #2 donothinggardening, Mar 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2014
    Subbed :wave: :bongin:

Edit: ohh and first! :D

3. I enjoyed the other one so...
    subbed and doobies all around.

Twas Ever Thus!

4. I'm in too!

5. Well, I've been looking for the info I saw on using a living ground cover but I can't find it now. Unless the search is broken, the phrases "clover", "living mulch", "living ground cover" and a few others don't even appear in the organic forum.

Anyone know what I'm talking about? Because I clearly do not. lol

6. Hey Unplugged
    clover's are fixing nitrogen to the soil that your plants can use.  They also decrease watering needs. 
    good luck on this run bro!  corky

Thanks! 

8. #8 unplugged, Mar 16, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
    Four have broken ground!
    _MG_2599.jpg _MG_2605.jpg _MG_2613.jpg _MG_2614.jpg _MG_2616.jpg
    I think I've got their conditions about perfect. I put my wife's vapor cone thing in there and between that and the space heater the temp is in the mid 70s and the humidity is up in the 40s now. Seems to be working pretty well.
    _MG_2603.jpg

I guess I didn't post many details about my plan when I started this thread. I may have been high at the time. I've got my 600W light at 50% power and on a 20/4 schedule. I'm going to increase the light's power by 25% each week. Once they're three weeks old they'll no longer be considered seedlings (I think) and my light will be at 100% power. Then I'll start increasing the dark period by one hour each week until they're on 12/12 at 11 weeks old. I suspect they will have already begun the early stages of flowering at that point.

I've also had what I think is a fantastic idea. I'm going to grow some shamanic tobacco (n. rustica) alongside my cannabis, harvest and dry the leaves and roll blunts with them. I have a feeling this will be a great combination. Although it may be tricky to roll a blunt with straight tobacco leaves. lol
    I've ordered 8000 seeds for $3. Maybe one day I get pricing like this on cannabis seeds. One can only hope. lol

9. All six sprouted! My germination success rate continues to be 100%.
    _MG_2622.jpg
    The light went to 75% power today.

10. Misted my organic soil today with RO water. I'm going to be transplanting my seedlings into it on Monday and it's been dry since I harvested three weeks ago. Seemed like a good thing to do.

11. #11 Iamaries54, Mar 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2014
    Sounds like you got some nice fresh seeds and your looking good. I m gonna stick around for this one ...
    You may want to do a little research before growing tobacco with MJ....   Tobacco Mosaic Virus....
    I know you have to be careful around tomatoes and it appears it affects  cannabis too  

12. You can roll blunts with cannabis leaves! There is a pot store called Ganja Gourmet in Denver that does that. I think that they use either vegetable glycerin or honey to hold everything together.... could probably youtube that shit

13. Noob2 huh? lol  I guess I missed the promos for the sequel... better late than never....

14. #14 unplugged, Mar 20, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2014

Welcome!
    I looked up TMV. I don't think I've seen anything like that around here but I'll keep an eye out for signs. I'm only planning to start the n. rustica inside. Once it's bigger and warmer out, it'll go outside since it's perfectly legal. Hopefully that'll be enough to keep it away from my cannabis plants if it shows up. Thanks for the info! I also discovered while researching it that tobacco is in the same family with Datura.

That's a great idea! I'll try that too. I found this while googling your suggestion: http://www.weedfarmer.com/joint_rolling/cannabis-cigar/cannabis-cigar.htm
    It sounds fucking fantastic. I'd never heard of a Thai stick beyond the strain that Marv grows and I plan to grow. I think I'll grow the Thai Stick strain, make a Thai stick with it as well as some honey oil, and then follow this procedure. And then get high as shit. lol

I'll still experiment with my tobacco leaves too though. This isn't regular tobacco I'm growing; it's wild tobacco, shamanic tobacco, that Native Americans used to smoke (maybe still do?). I think it might synergise well with cannabis. I don't smoke tobacco products anymore and never did regularly. Ever since I started smoking cannabis on a daily basis tobacco products and caffeine have made me feel bad. Not sure why. But tobacco products are quite a bit different from all natural, organically grown tobacco and I'm interested to see how it will be. N. rustica is supposedly quite strong so I may not care for it at all. lol

It's still early, friend. Glad to have you around for part deux! Marv was handing out blunts earlier... :smoke:

15. Too early for music?
    [media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOGomvtnh4Y[/media]

Gonna see them in Knoxville right before 4/20. Js will be smuggled.

16. It's 2PM here lol Never too early for music

17. People wanna come up and they wan' tell me smokin' crack cocaine better than sensi...

18. Transplanted into 1 gal plastic pots yesterday with my organic soil.
    _MG_2719.jpg
    I planned on waiting until Monday but the roots were starting to poke through the bottom of the little plastic cups they were in. One of them had grown a root all the way to the bottom of the bigger cup on the outside that run off had collected in. So I decided an immediate transplant was in order. I think it was a bit rough on them because I didn't water them enough and the dirt was collapsing everywhere. Two of them had mostly roots showing. But that pic is more than 24 hours later and they seem to be doing alright.

Time to enjoy the evening.  :smoke:
    _MG_2666.jpg

19. I scattered a pinch or two of clover seed over the top of my pots, sprinkled some more soil over them and watered the whole lot. Should have clover going strong in a couple weeks I would think.

Took the light to 100% today as well.

20. #20 unplugged, Mar 25, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
    Also, found out we're having a boy today! We'll meet Linc(oln) Jacob in early August.  :smoke: