Home made pipes

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by marke420, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Post pictures of your creative, crazy, wild a$$ pipes! Ill start with mine. I know it sucks you don't have to tell me twice! It's the eye piece of a cheap telescope my grandparents got me for Christmas lol! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1394751681.088911.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1394751696.602349.jpg

2. I think its cool man

All hail emperor Haile Selassie I
    JAH RASTAFARI!

3. More holes in the foil man, alot more holes

4. Made this little guy today.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1395558687.625979.jpg

5. Carved this pipe when I was in high school lol
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. #6 Storm Crow, Mar 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2014
    I originally posted this up in 2012, but it looks like it is time to post it up again! (And I have made some of my pipes, but I stick to wood and clay - never any plastic or aluminum!) Please be careful about what you are using!

http://forum.grasscity.com/bongs-bubblers-water-pipes/1084354-pot-wont-kill-you-but-your-bong-might.html

Now, I know you guys think using plastic in a bong is a bad idea, but you may not realize just how bad it is for your health! You may have younger family members who may be tempted to make a plastic bong, please show them this-

(It is a PubMed translation from French, so I'll even translate the "Sci-Speak" for you!)

Fatal alveolar haemorrhage following a "bang" of cannabis

(Fatal lung hemorrhage after using a bong with cannabis)

The new methods of cannabis consumption (home made water pipe or "bang") may be responsible for fatal respiratory complications. We present a case, with fatal outcome, of a man of 19 years with no previous history other than an addiction to cannabis using "bang". He was admitted to intensive care with acute dyspnoea.

Bongs are a new way of using cannabis. ( :laughing: ) Here we have a healthy 19 year old pot smoker dying. He was admitted with severe breathing trouble.

A CT scan showed bilateral, diffuse alveolar shadowing. He was anaemic with an Hb of 9.3g/l. Bronchoalveolar lavage revealed massive alveolar haemorrhage.

He was bleeding into his lungs.

Investigations for infection and immunological disorder were negative and toxicology was negative except for cannabis. Antibiotic treatment was given and favourable progress allowed early discharge.

He was healthy except for using cannabis. He quickly got better when we gave him antibiotics, so we discharged him.

Death occurred 15 days later due to alveolar haemorrhage following a further "bang" of cannabis. Autopsy showed toxic alveolar haemorrhage.

He was dead 15 days later due to lung hemorrhaging after smoking more pot. The autopsy showed that it was chemical damage causing the bleeding.

The probable mechanism is pulmonary damage due to acid anhydrides released by the incomplete combustion of cannabis in contact with plastic.

The burning pot and plastic made some nasty acidic fumes.

These acids have a double effect on the lungs: a direct toxicity with severe inflammation of the mucosa leading to alveolar haemorrhage and subsequently the acid anhydrides may lead to the syndrome of intra-alveolar haemorrhage and anaemia described in occupational lung diseases by Herbert in Oxford in 1979.

These acids do a double whammy on your lungs: first the acid burns and poisons your lungs, causing to them swelling up and then the little air sacks and blood vessels start to rupture; a dude named Dr. Herbert wrote about how this really messed your lungs up.

It manifests itself by haemoptysis and intravascular haemolysis.

A person who has this is coughing up blood, and their blood cells are literally breaking down into bits in their veins.

We draw attention to the extremely serious potential consequences of new methods of using cannabis, particularly the use of "bang" in homemade plastic materials.

This whole thing freaked us out because we can see the possibility of more deaths because of the use of plastic in bongs where it can get in contact with burning pot.

Blades, tell your kid brothers, "Pay attention, PLASTIC FUMES CAN KILL YOU!" Unfortunately, the type of plastic wasn't specified, but I doubt if any of them do your lungs any good!

Granny :wave:

7. My honey rig

Attached Files: