The Secret Closet

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Budz23, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Just sent him home with a hortilux dual arc and a super hps. Said sumthin about grabbin a advance nutrients bulb.. Stuck in the nutrient state of mind.. Lol

2. He still knows where to get the really good weed...just sayin

3. Yup, and if he wants seedy weed he can goto you! ;-)

4. #125 Budz23, Apr 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2014
    Just put GSC into flower. I was hoping for more of a perpetual, but it didn't work out this round. The nordel has a head start, for the next round as that's the only thing in veg right now. I've got a few beans I could pop, kinda stuck on which to chose to fill the next 3 slots. It's between Critical Jack from Delicious, Mazar Kush from World of Seeds, or OG kush, and blue dream from HSO. That's all I got for fems that I'm willing to pop atm. Don't have space just yet to bust out the regs. Got some SSSDHxJack I've been waiting to pop for over a year.

5. Here's a few snaps of the girls and the veggies.

Cindy
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1398652384.234292.jpg

Night Terrors
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1398652430.330056.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1398652451.868365.jpg

Girl Scout Cookies
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1398652493.134049.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1398652514.512142.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1398652548.939968.jpg

6. Found this info about willow and wanted to share
    The way that it works can be attributed to two substances that can be found within the Salix (Willow) species, namely, indolebutyric acid (IBA) and Salicylic acid (SA).

Indolebutyric acid (IBA) is a plant hormone that stimulates root growth. It is present in high concentrations in the growing

tips of willow branches. By using the actively growing

parts of a willow branch, cutting them, and soaking them in water, you can get significant quantities of IBA to leach out into the water.

Salicylic acid (SA) (which is a chemical similar to the headache medicine Aspirin) is a plant hormone which is involved in signalling a plant's defences, it is involved in the process of “systemic acquired resistance” (SAR) – where an attack on one part of the plant induces a resistance response to pathogens (triggers the plant's internal defences) in other parts of the plant. It can also trigger a defence response in nearby plants by converting the salicylic acid into a volatile chemical form.

When you make willow water, both salicylic acid and IBA leach into the water, and both have a beneficial effect when used for the propagation of cuttings. One of the biggest threats to newly propagated cuttings is infection by bacteria and fungi. Salicylic acid helps plants to fight off infection, and can thus give cuttings a better chance of survival. Plants, when attacked by infectious agents, often do not produce salicylic acid quickly enough to defend themselves, so providing the acid in water can be particularly beneficial.

Willow water can be made from cuttings of any tree or shrub of the willow family, a group of plants with the scientific name of Salix. The more cuttings that are used and the longer they are soaked in water, the stronger will be the resulting willow water. Recommendations for the exact method of soaking vary. Cold water can be used, and soaking times of four or more weeks are often quoted. Other gardeners use boiling water to steep the willow twigs and soak the mixture for around 24 hours."

CITE: http://deepgreenperm...e-willow-water/

Interesting - "ound within the Salix (Willow) species, namely, indolebutyric acid (IBA) and Salicylic Acid (SA)."

"Salix" (Willow) = Salicylic Acid. Cool how they go together. SA & IBA are THE 2 main ingredients found in most commercial rooting powders & gels. Throw some kelp and aloe in for good measure. They both contain high levels of SA (and maybe IBA too - it's been awhile.

7. Hell ya thanks Tree! That explains the old farmer method of putting an aspirin in the watering pale. I'm going to soak my garlic cloves in it before I plant them. I'm also thinking that this would be a good practice with all seeds, from weed to tomatoes. Soak them in a glass of willow water first, plant them, and use that water to keep the soil moist. It also makes me wonder about its use in grafting. Keeping the area clean and free of bacteria with willow seems like it would be wonderful. I wonder if it can be made into a gel or paste. Baking soda maybe? Hmmmmm......

8. Have any GSC in vegging form?
    Told blu to make sure to keep a cut, and what do ya know. GSC in flower and he didn't take any cuts.. Pfft.

9. Got like 6-7 in willow water right now.

10. Apparently you guys need a new keeper of the clones.

11. Easy there Spartacus

12. Lmao how can you trust a senile senior citizen to keep genetics around?!?!

13. Wow...feeling the love. Go Hawks

14. Lol I really shouldn't talk shit, I don't keep genetics around either :rolleyes: I need to fucking fix that lol

15. Love that movie

16. A few shots for ya fooks. This is probably the last time I will get them out of the room for pics. Once the nuggage starts building, I don't want to risk the small doorway. After the pics everyone got an excessive top dress (thanks LilJ lol) of Chickitty Doo Doo, and a hefty molasses watering. The largest and oldest Night Terror got a bit of super cropping to fit under the light better.

GSC
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1399586007.676456.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1399586094.218669.jpg

Cindy- I love her structure!
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1399586068.603866.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1399586126.324909.jpg

Night Terror OG 1&2
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1399586167.778055.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1399586184.740860.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1399586202.898456.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1399586223.748302.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1399586248.876286.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1399586265.406725.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1399586286.917365.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1399586314.210546.jpg

17. Look nice and healthy!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. #140 Popeye, May 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2014
    Looking great duder. That Cindy will impress. Nice job training her.