View new content/ unread

Discussion in 'Forum Tech Questions, Problems and Troubleshooting' started by MOPMan, Mar 13, 2014.

1. None of the new posts are showing up in the "view new content" section on the full site and also, they are not showing up in "unread" on the app.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. #2 Storm Crow, Mar 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2014
    I have been having the same problem for the last couple of days! :cry:  I am on my computer, not an app.

Please fix it!

MOP, on a computer, you can get SOME of the posts by going over to the right side to "activity feed"and clicking the "view all". That will get you the first page of posts, anyway!

Granny

3. I will focus on this issue next week, there seems some weirdness on sphinx server. Need to head to datacenter to check further.

Sent from KingPad using Grasscity Forum App

4. There is a weirdness going on retriving posts made by members too. Gaps in their post histories etc. :smoke:

5. I also have the same problem nothing comes up when I hit new content,

6. Still can't get any new content! :cry:

Granny

7. I'm not seeing any new content either, hopefully it gets fixed soon :p

8. i have no problems :) :bongin:

9. We noticed some issues with defined memory size to Sphinx Server. We will be applying some improvements to it today and tomorrow to see if the issue will be corrected or not.

10. #10 Storm Crow, Mar 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2014
    Well SOMETHING is going on! I still can't get new content, and now I can't post up a new item in the news section- tried twice to post up an article- http://www.takepart.com/article/2014/03/03/man-serving-life-prison-pot-possession, and both times I was kicked back into the main menu and the post disappeared! :confused_2:  Bummer!

Oh well, back to Ancestry.com!  I have dozens of mysteries to solve there, such as- was Stephen Burrell Morgan (b. 1926, died of measles in 1862) related to the North Carolina line of "Burrell Morgans", (mulattos who "passed" as white after the Civil War), or  is it a just coincidence that the unusual name "Burrell" shows up in two unrelated lines? The fun is in the research to find the truth!   :yay:

Granny

11. i thought i was the only one :)

12. OK, this evening, I was able to start a new thread. Later on, I will try to re-post the news article that failed,  but right now I have to cook dinner.

Granny

13. I have "New Content"! :yay:

THANK YOU, TECH BLADES! YOUR WORK IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!  :yay:    :hello:    :yay:

Granny

14. View New Content has not been working for about a week for me. Any ideas what's up?

15. Bump. New Content button still not working. Thanks.

It is fully working correct , you should inspect your own PC

17. #17 philmcan, May 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2014
    Thanks for your well put together answer. I only have a few issues with it, if I had a pc where would I look? What do I look for?
    I am not on a pc, this is happening among multiple devices, with Multiple OS's all on google chrome. It started about two weeks ago.

If you could do me a favor Lizard King and find a mod that can reply to a post with more than one sentence and does not jump to ignorant conclusion that would be great, Thanks.

18. #18 TheAnswer121, May 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2014
    :confused_2: working fine over here. win 8 on Mozilla Firefox.
    Untitled.png

how would a mod be more assisting than the Forum Administrator?

try deleting cache and cookies, restarting, or just get Mozilla :bongin:

I am not a wizard that will see the issue without any further information. If you need assistance you first need to supply more details so we can investigate.  

I see your point and your right. At this point I was frustrated with no response and hoped I would have found more help by now.