My 2014 outdoor garden

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Sassyfemme, Mar 13, 2014.

1. #1 Sassyfemme, Mar 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2014
    Well, summer of 2014 is on it's way and this lady gardener is preparing her plants, vegging them properly and allowing for them to grow tall and healthy before transplanting outdoors in June.

I'm in the mountains somewhere north of Montreal, very remote, peaceful and got me a good size piece of land to cultivate. Now, of course the summer season is short up this way and so I must take care of not growing strains that will not finish on time. This being said, I will have a greenhouse membrane over the garden area to protect me from any prying eyes from above as well as to protect the plants from too much rain in september which will bring on botrytis ( mold ) and as a bonus, this should help extend the growing period a couple of weeks.

The strains I'm preparing and hope to have each one at least 3 feet tall before transplanting  are the following: Romulan, Headband 818, Big Freeze, Big Kiwi, Berkeley Dream, Canadian Crude, and Cali Orange. Once these plants are outdoors, I will turn the veg room into a flower room for the Jean-guy's and White Widow I also have.

Here are a couple of pics of the veg room where they are growing.

mar13th.jpg

mar13th,1.jpg

2. Got some Freeze going again i see.  Off to a good start

Yes, but not the same strain as last year. Got this from another source and it's a cross of Freezeland + Big Bud. I have already super cropped them and now allowing them to grow to about 3 feet. When I do transplant them, I'm thinking of laying them down on a 45% angle with plastic ties which will keep them from becoming too obvious. Yes, I'm hoping to have some monster plants.  :)

4. Some of the plants are 30 plus inches tall in veg and there's still a good 2 months before I put them in the outdoor garden.  :)

Headband 818 
    for garden headband.jpg

Romulan
    for garden Romulan.jpg

California Orange
    for garden Cali Orange.jpg

Berkeley Dream
    for garden Berkeley Dream.jpg

5. Been very busy with life, but I wanted to share how things have developed in regards to my outdoor grow. I transplanted all my plants outdoors at the very beginning of June, but weather was still cold during nights and I lost ten of them due to shock ( they turned male ) and I had to get rid of them.

The good news is that I had many more and here are images of a few of them in the garden:

Big Kiwi, 5 feet tall and 3 wide, I think it will be a monster plant in another 3 months. Got two of them.
    june28, Big Kiwi.jpg

818 Headband, 4 feet tall and 3 feet wide. Another potential monster plant. Finishes end of September. I have six of them, the five others are only two feet tall for now.
    june28, headband.jpg

Durban Poison = U.K. Cheese, 3 feet tall and 4 wide. I have 5 of them, looking at first week of October as finish time.
    june28, appalache.jpg

6. Loving the trees you have.. I would like to get some Durban one of these days

Hi JUSTHILLBILLY,  :)

My five Durban poison + U.K. Cheese are doing well, one of them is getting huge and we're not even in flowering yet ( it's now a good 3 feet high and easily 4 feet in width. These plants are mold resistant and finish around first week of October, they aren't very dank in smell but do pack a punch ... great medicine.

I'm about to go through the garden over the next few days to de-weed and do some foliar spraying with a home made brew of Baking Soda, water and dish soap, just to help kill off some insects and mostly to kill off any fungal mold that could be lurking, before flowering begins. My garden is organic so I don't use anything that may harm humans or the plants. I'll post some pics soon.  :)

8. 818 Headband at more than 4 feet tall and 4 feet in diameter, finishes end of September. I'm thinking this may become pretty big. :)
    July4, headband.jpg

5x Durban Poison+U.K.Cheese, a Big Freeze, a Big Kiwi and a Nebula+Juan+Big in this section of the garden. :)
    July4, Appalache, Big Kiwi, Nebula+Juan+Big.jpg

9. 818 Headband, mother plant standing at 4' 7" 
    july20, 818 Headband M.jpg

818 Headband plants
    july20, headbands.jpg

Cali Orange
    july20, Cali Orange.jpg

Big Kiwi ( BC Bud Depot's The Big + Kiwiskunk ), 5'9"
    july20,Big Kiwi.jpg

Durban Poison + U.K. Cheese
    july20, Durban Poison + U.K. Cheese.jpg

10. Big Kiwi, 7' tall, just as wide with a base nearly 7" in circumference. About to go in flower.

july29, Big Kiwi.jpg

818 Headband, aka Sour OG, 5'4" tall, just started to flower.
    july29, 818 Headband M.jpg

11. Very Nice Sass 

Hi JUSTHILLBILLY, :)

If it keeps going well, I think that Big Kiwi will definitely be a monster, could get to be a ten footer.  :)

13. Berkeley Dream
    Aug23, Berkeley Dream.jpg

Big Kiwi 
    Aug23, Big Kiwi.jpg

Herijuana, some Headbands in background, a Cali Orange, a White Widow and a Big Kiwi.
    Aug23, Herijuana, Headbands, Cali O, White Widow and Big Kiwi.jpg

Grow, grow, grow  
    Aug23, overgrowing.jpg

A row of Durban Poison x U.K. Cheese, and two Big Kiwis.
    Aug23, row of Durban Poison x U.K. Cheese and two Big Kiwis.jpg

14. Nice garden. Plants look great.

15. Sexy garden, if I had a girl in my life who grew like you I would be in heaven :D

Hello RichardDean, :)

Thank you, but gardening has little to do with gender, just know how and care. Besides, I was a only a girl as a pre-teen.  ;)

17. well lady then. :) true gender has little to do with it but I was just commenting on the fact if my significant other could grow as well as me I would be a very happy man. Lol

18. Harvested two of the plants yesterday and started some preliminary trimming to aid in the drying process. Here's a image.

Sept4.jpg