Lighters

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by Elliot Plur, Mar 13, 2014.

1. So recently I compulsively bought a lighter.
    But it's no ordinary lighter. It's both a torch lighter and a regular lighter.
    Through using it I've noticed that the torch will burn my bud better.
    Really, I'm just curious as to whether or not the fact that it's a butane lighter, will I harm my lungs any more than I usually do just by smoking?
    Im just a little fearful at the fact there's more fuel going to my lungs than usual that it'll give me more respiratory issues than just smoking with a regular bic lighter...

2. Wait, you're using a torch...for herb? A little weird but hey if it works for you go for it, but yeah its not great for you but its not going to kill you. Just like smoking a bowl with a regular lighter. I don't think you'll have much taste going on though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I feel like they waste alot of bud but if it works go for it

4. Too hot for weed your burning up alot of good chemicals

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. i agree with above , had trichrom topped bong the other day and the only lighter to hand was a torch so i thought it would be fine, wasted a lot of my pot, next bong normal lighter super high

normal flame is best

6. I wouldn't use jet lighters for bowls. They can definetely get that cherry burning for joints though.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Butane torch lighers get the weed lit faster, so if you are quickly lighting your bowl and not torching it like you're heating up a nail for a dab, there's nothing to worry about. I think lighters are fine unless you are trying to light something with a Zippo