Any really good concentrate vapes/pens coming out soon to replace my Atmos?

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by spincut, Mar 12, 2014.

1. I use The Dabbler. Love this pen. I had two atmos. Waste of money.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

2. #22 spincut, Apr 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2014
    The beginning and end of your post were pretty clear, but I still kind of lost ya in the middle.

Also, pretty sure the Atmos heating chambers ARE ceramic (since they call them "ceramic heating chambers). Maybe they mean the actual chamber and not the wick coating? I dont really know. And while I now at least understand more of the language you were using, I am not sure if the flat circular coil, what it's coated with, or the ceramic elements of my atmos chamber and how they stack up or matter.

I already technically did replace my atmos parts as well (they gave me replacement batteries for both my dying ones for half off, irked though on the second time that they wouldnt stand by their product a little more, and I honestly feel the heating chamber should be replaced at some point after enough melty gunk passes through it).

But yeah, the whole point of making this thread was so I could have something in mind now, waiting for it to break (again) would be a bad idea because I'd rather have it figured out by then...then again, seems like the only thing I really figured it out is that I largely still grabbed the best pen/whatever for the money, and most of what else is out there is still kind of junky (or just not really any better). May check out that Dabbler though if I get desperate.

Seems like dabbling in the e-cig stuff is pointless if I am just willing to shell out for the ideal stuff (I dont need to save a couple bucks by modding a cheaper atomizer and battery if I already have the ideal kind, even if I cant attatch non atmos stuff to it, given I have yet to see any non-atmos stuff I'd definitely want better, and if I did I'd likely get a kit of it rather than random generic parts).

Atmos is hardly a waste of money. I can at least confirm it's one of the better regular pens to buy. Even dude friends who have legit rigs liked it a lot (not better than the rigs, but were surprised how good it hit for a pen).

But yeah, that's more because there isn't much else out there, and I was hoping even at this rate there would be a little more on the horizon.

3. The Atmos chamber is ceramic. The coil is not. It does not have a wick, it just has a ceramic chamber. The coil would wrap around the wick. Atmos has ceramic chambers with wickless coils. Some coils use a piece of ceramic as a wick (they wrap around a little cylinder of ceramic). Atmos heating chambers are decent. Not the best, not the worst. It's all up to you, man. I would try looking into ecig parts to familiarize yourself. These vape pens are ecigs. If you're thinking about something different than the Atmos, venture around. The Atmos isn't the best, there's no real best. They all have learning curves and pros and cons. There isn't one that's going to satisfy everyone. I'd check out Omicrons, eGos, Gentleman's Brand atomizers, and anything that's caught your eye. They all break and have to be replaced, that's the nature of the game. You have to look into them all and make a decision. I'm not gonna tell you that one is a sure fire best, because I can't. You've got some options to look further into. But if you really want to know what you're getting, you should read some ecig forums and try to understand the lingo. That helped me a ton. Now it's a hobby. I try all kinds of different set ups. I've had great success with most after enough trial and error. There's junk, but there's lots of good stuff, too.

But to keep replacing Atmos stuff sucks; they're expensive if you get legit Atmos gear. I'd try other stuff. I'm glad I did..

4.  "I would try looking into ecig parts to familiarize yourself. These vape pens are ecigs."

So the Atmos is also an ecig? Or you mean all the other things you were talking about? I'm still a little surprised standard ecig pens are the only other option though. Yes, I understand the idea of looking into different things to verify which is indeed the best, but honestly, I'm not so sure I care if the only different stuff out there are ecig pens. Replacing atmos parts does suck, but as you said, everything breaks, although I would hope whatever I get next doesn't break as often or is less prone to it.

Given all the really need vapes being made for dry stuff lately, I'm sort of surprised they havent come up with anything for concentrates. I suppose that ~700 dollar vape exhale system some were raving about does both? But it's not exactly portable, and well, I'd have to try something in person like that first before putting my trust in it :p

Anyway, here's hoping something more clear and away better does surface soon. While I only vaguely understand more what you were saying about the wicks, I'm having trouble seeing where it matters (or where finding just a different atomizer/chamber/wick/coil system will really be the step up I had in mind). Not sure how the "pancake coil wickless ceramic" approach helps/hurts/whatevers my Atmos, but yeah, at least when it's working, it seems to work pretty good (for now).

5. Yes, your Atmos is technically an ecig. Look at it. It has a battery, a heating chamber, and a mouthpiece. That's an ecig. It's a little different from the typical nicotine ecig, but it is an ecig. The only other options aren't just ecig stuff.. They fit the standard ecig battery. Which means they fit the standard hash pen battery. You're being turned off by the word ecig and you shouldn't. I didn't even go into the ecig stuff like debridging attys or anything.. I suggested mostly hash specific stuff like Omicrons, Gentleman's, etc. Google those names and look at them. Learn about them. Read their descriptions. Their reviews. But I can tell you don't really care, so you should stick with the Atmos.

6. #26 spincut, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2014
    I actually read up on Omicron, I heard mixed stuff and overall was not well sold on it. Gentleman I heard good things about, but I was having trouble deciding specifically what I wanted to get from them, if anything at all. All in all, still not only the same family of device (ecig/pen/vape/whatever you want to call it), but there doesnt seem to be much else beyond a glass rig for good performance, I'm still wondering if there is still a major evolution device wise to better accomodate hash beyond just super modded pens, I suppose we shall see.

*Actually, the post below was edited because some people don't know how to make a joke.

7. #27 stlmodude, Apr 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2014
    Edited because people can't take a joke.

8. Let me explain. I bought a duo atmos. After a week it came apart. Returned it to the store got another one. Same issue after a few days. Found out it's an issue with their duo pen. The problem is atmos won't do anything but sell me something else. They admitted it to me it was an issue with the duo and they have discontinued it. Their cust service is horrible. I did not waste another penny with them and found a much more reliable pen company to give my business to

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum