Any really good concentrate vapes/pens coming out soon to replace my Atmos?

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by spincut, Mar 12, 2014.

1. I think my Atmos is already breaking, and while I was decently happy with it stacked up against something like a Gpen, I think rather than continue to put money into replacement parts, that maybe it would be good to look into what's on the horizon that would ultimately be superior.

Anyone know?

2. I just picked up a "Dr. Dabber" from my local head shop, and I LOVE it. It has titanium parts which I'm a fan of, considering it is the material in my leg (lol). Check it out. You won't be disappointed!

3. IMO, if you want something that is consistent, reliable and decently cheap... The micro g wins it for me.
    You can either purchase the new micro G with the tank, or the older ones.
    I have seriously had the same gpen with the same components for over 6 months? Not a single problem.
    That being said tho, I also own an array of glass rigs so I only use the gpen for on the go situations I can't bring a torch to.

Btw, this is not just me being biased.
    I have owned and used the atoms, 710 dabber, DIY pens and many other cheap renditions

4. #4 spincut, Mar 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2014

I guess I'll look into the Dr. Dabber? Looks like a pen I suppose, but I'll see what other people are saying about that one. Was there a reason you grabbed it? Did you compare it to anything else?

I've used a 710 and a gpen and I didn't think they were anything special. Even if one was to place them close to an Atmos, they are not an upgrade at all (and in my opinion a step down).

While I didn't say much in my original post, I did say I wanted something "superior", and those are far from it.

5. Honestly, if you want the best pen you can get, Build it.
    Dab pens are just e cigs with either different threads, or just different colors!
    My joy e-go is literally an original gpen. Didn't notice until I found my old e cig collection.

I wish I was not on the phone, or I would do some more research for you and post a link.
    But there are forums and websites, much like this one, focused on solely building your own dab pens and e cigs.
    That's the gold mine

6. It doesn't have to be a pen, that just appears to be all there is. The market for portable concentrate vapes (or just concentrate vapes in general) doesn't appear to be quite a fleshed out as the dry herb counterparts, but that's what I'm hoping will happen soon with it's growing popularity.

Not everyone is a fan of the Pax, for instance, but when it came out as i was pondering buying the MFLB I thought it was a notable step up in design and functionality. I just wish that would happen with concentrate devices :/ . I guess if it doesn't though I could look into building a pen if they really would work that good.

7. I have two Action Bronson Micro G's, an Atmos Junior, and the Dr. Dabber. It compares most to the Dabbler. I paid 70 at my local head shop which is actually under retail; probably because I bought glass as well.

8. non of em are special shitty pens with a shitty coil that heats up. really basic acuually. thats why get a rig and start usuing ur atmos only on the go and you wont be throwing that much into replacemnt parts

9. #9 spincut, Mar 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2014
    I dont know what "Action Bronson" is...but regular MicroG's are pretty junky, and is a step down from my Atmos (RX). I don't really know about the other Atmos models so much, except that they have more models than they need in the first place and the RX/Raw was the most ideal for concentrates.

As for the rest, like the Dr. Dabber compares most to the Dabbler? Well I haven't used either so....I was mainly curious if there was anything sepcial about the Dr. Dabber pen or if you just kind of grabbed it randomly and just happened to be happy with it (which appears to be the case).

I know that, it's the best of a bad situation thing, I knew when I got the Atmos RX that I was largely choosing from crappy pens, many of which seemed like knockoffs of the other. But I was also hoping that would eventually change (to be more like the options we have for dry herb vapes).

And I wasn't so much complaining about buying replacement parts, just that I wanted to get something better. And yes obviousl a glass rig would be better, but I have so far avoided glass. Heck, I'm so lazy that even cleaning my vapes is kind of a hassle (oddly that's my least favorite thing about my Pax, which seems to require more maintanance than my Volcano :p ) . Also while having a glass piece for dabbing would be cool, it's still hardly portable. And then I need to get one of those butane torch's which I hate handling yadda yadda yadda. Anyway, getting a glass rig and all is neat, but it wouldn't really solve this issue I feel.

10. again get a rig. u will be using less bho  when at home.and throwing less money into your atmos and itll be breaking wayy less. u can get a decent rig with a cehap reliable to decent reliable torch for about 50-60. do it. less gets you high and its much nicer then some shitty pen. i have agpen kit. barley even use it even on the go

11. #11 JoeMa, Mar 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2014

I had used the Dabbler which I knew was better quality than the Gpen and other Atmos competitors according to peers, and i actually bought the Dr. Dabber thinking it was the Dabbler, and I actually have turned my friends who have the dabbler on to the Dr. Dabber.

Edit:

BUT, get a rig. Much better, like someone said. I saw that and just had to edit. I have 2 rigs I am in love with (Sheldon Black, Hitman)

12. So what's the diff between the Dabbler and the Dr. Dabber?

Also, but, like, I really dont want to get a rig? If I got one I'd want to do it right so I wouldn't want to skimp, so it would be expensive, an expense I dont want to pay, I also dont want to maintain and clean one, I have enough stuff to clean on the vape thing alone. And yeah the torch thing, I'm just not keen on that. 

Yes I know it's the ideal way to dab, I was spoiled rotten on some great pieces at my dealers place, but even then I had him do all the work in operating it (mostly because I didn't want to break it). I just am not really keen on getting something like that right now.

13. since when do you have to clean a rig. thats only if you want to. get one youd be much happier. you dont have to go expensive. bedbath and beyong torch $20. ioffer rig without dome or nail. $30. Quartz domeless $8. there you go. now you have a decent rig for less then 60. and over time youll improve whatever you want. you can save for a nice ti nail. or whatever you really dont have to go expensive. pens are shit. never herd of someone not wanting a rig over a pen

14. Um last I checked those things can get rather dirty if you don't clean them, and some, being more elaborate than others, do take some work to clean thoroughly.

And I don't "have" to go expensive, but all things considered, if I'm going to take upon myself the extra maintenance and expenditure, I'd rather go big or go home, so to speak.

I never said I "prefered" or wanted a pen. What I wanted was a "vape" (preferably portable). The Atmos Pen was pretty much the closest thing I could find (and yes I posted on here about it, but it when it came to concentrate vapes, at least that were also portable, people didn't have many suggestions, if any).

15. #15 JoeMa, Mar 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2014
     The Dr. Dabber has titanium parts which make it sturdier, as well as a timing system  that turns it off after 5 seconds, and if you press the button 5 times rapidly, the battery turns off.

Edit: I may not be answering your question, after re reading your last post. I don't necessarily see the difference between a concentrate vape or pen because the temps to burn have to be quite similar so isn't the pen considered a vape and vice versa in regards to concentrates?

16. MicroG or Atmos Thermo W with one of the "dry herb" atomizers (Atmos RX style pancake coil). Freshly Baked NYC sell them.. So do a few other small companies. Look on eBay and ioffer for the atomizers.. Rakuten has legit MicroGs and Atmos Thermos for cheap prices.. Get them from VapoBuy or VapeLife on Rakuten. $30 for either pen set (1 Atmos and extra atomizer or the full 2 MicroGs kit), and maybe $13 for a dry herb atomizer. Plus you have two normal back-up atomizers. The dry herb atomizers are awesome for oil/wax/etc. I've never used my Atmos RX with herb, but it always rocked for oil. These little ones for the micro pens are awesome.. Get that wickless, clean-tasting, easy pull out of a slim, discrete pen. Check it out. $45 tops for everything shipped. Both places usually have free, if not cheap, shipping.

17. The eGo set up is good, too. Check out Gentleman's hash atomizers for an already wickless, debridged atomizer made with a titanium coil and no soldering. If you're using a twist or VV/VW battery, I wouldn't go past 4.2 with them.. They'll burn out like low resistance atomizers. They also have kick ass new globe and nail kits that are wickless. All their stuff fits your typical 510 threading.

18. #18 spincut, Apr 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2014

The wick rubrick, and anything about atomizer, went way over my head. I have an Atmos RX pen, yes, and yet everything you just told me to look into left me just scratching my head a little. It sounds complicated and a lot of details.

Could you maybe re-sumnate what exactly I should look into that's different from what I already have in a way that doesn't leave me feeling like you just told me to buy the same parts I already own but from another dimension :p ? Because I really don't know what a "debridged atomiser made with a titanium coil and no soldering" is or how it applies, among many of the other things you said that were not "Atmos RX pen" or "MicroG pen" :p .

I really don't need to do dry herb on my oil pen. As I stated (and you confirmed I guess), my RX does/did oil nicely, but I saw little point in switching it back to dry herb, I have other stuff for that.

and I've tried Microg's, and didn't find them to even match up to an Atmos and seemed pretty junky. Whatever mods you appear to be throwing out there, as I said, went way over my head with a lot of parts and words and descriptives I know little to nothing about, so beyond perhaps you just suggesting I buy a microg pen, I'm not sure about anything else you said  :p

19. Sorry. You can get a heating chamber for the micro pens that's just like the atmos rx/jr. It's a dry herb chamber, but no one uses them for herbs.. It's just a better chamber for oil than the standard little micro pen chambers. I don't think I'd replace your set up until it goes out though, man. The stuff that went over your head isn't important or relevant to your atmos. Atomizers are heating chambers.. There's different kinds. The spiral coil like your atmos and the dry herb chamber I recommended, other coils are wrapped around a silica wick (microG), or wickless, and now ceramic wicks are getting popular.. The silica alters the taste and ceramic does not. Wickless tend to be more fragile. There's nothing out there worth tossing your atmos for though. When it goes out, maybe check some of the other styles out to see if you like one more than the others. The eGo thing is a e-cig battery.. It's a standard battery with lots of options. Tons of heating chambers fit it, unlike atmos.. Atmos uses 601 threading I think, and eGo uses the standard 501. Some people buy cheap e-cig atomizers for a few bucks and mod them for oil. There are brands who make 501 threaded atomizers specifically for oil. I was just pointing out some options. I like the size of the micro set up; super discrete thus it's my preference. Again.. Don't go buying something new just yet. Wait until the atmos is donzo, and then think about it. =] Nothing is going to blow your atmos out of the water yet.

20. And I shouldn't have said Rakuten has legit microG's.. I doubt they are, but you just want the battery.