Bag seeds

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Anatman, Mar 12, 2014.

1. I always like to sew any bag-seeds I get, especially if from higher quality bud. This year, so far, I've started 9 from various HQ strains. I have no clue what strains, or what to expect, these 9 were not collected by me.

To start I germinated them for 3 days in paper towels inside of zip-loc bags, sitting in the windowsil.
    After, I moved them to a shallow tupperware container full of potting soil for a week.
    When I was able to see the taproot at the bottom of the container, I transplanted into whatever containers I had at the time (Welches 1/2 gal bottles, 1/2 gal milk containers, and a super-sized taco-bel cup.)

I will be spreading these babies out along with my other seeds that I'm starting in various sites, woods, private garden, mountain-tops etc. One site is new and will be beside a stream to see if the water-table is such that I don't need to water these plants at all.

The pictures attached are of some of the girls at 2.5 weeks and 3 weeks respectively.

Will continue to update with pictures every week, or at every noteworthy point. I plan on topping/fimming, and ls training these plants.

This will be a completely organic grow, I have horses and an organic compost pile full of worms.
    I plan on planting garlic, chammomile, basil, and mint around my growsites for natural pest repellents. I also like to piss and shit around the perimeter of my grows to keep away boar and other wild animals.

Planning on waiting until the nights here aren't so cold before I stick the (hopefully) girls in the ground.

Attached Files:

2. #2 Anatman, Mar 12, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
    Daily I set the seedlings outside to get direct sunlight, then take them in at sunset under 2 23w CFLs  to supplement them to get more light. We're still at about 11.5 hrs daylight here.

The first picture is my site at 2500ft elevation, and the second is my near-water site, it's pretty much a micro-peninsula in 100 acres of woods.

Attached Files:

3. Some non-fish-eye pictures. Seedlings shown are 2-3 weeks from germination.

Attached Files:

4. A bit cold and very windy today so everybody's inside.

Attached Files:

5. #5 Anatman, Mar 15, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
    3.5 weeks from seed
    sunlight + 4 23W CFLs
    18/6 light cycle

Attached Files:

6. Close-ups are 4 weeks from seed.

Attached Files:

7. It's been real cold and icy/rainy lately so my babies have been inside for most of the time, under some CFLs. But, yesterday, I got my 600w light setup so that's what they're under now, 600w MH. (Until the weather picks up)

4.5 weeks from seed, tied down 3 of the bigger ones 2 days ago.

These lights are bright as the goddamned sun.

Attached Files:

8. My indoor "grow-tent"
    Half of a pvc frame, then mylar and tape did the rest.

4'x4'x5' l x w x h

600W MH
    a few 23W CFL Daylight bulbs

Attached Files:

9. I'm pulling up a chair my girls are a lil bit older by a week I started em on the 2nd of February bag seeds also and I've got like 5 females under a 600hp that I use from around 6pm to 12am. The light comes bk on at 6 am til I wake and put em in the sun.

10. I've been hesitant to take photos because I practically tortured then murdered my best gal. I threw a ceramic heater in with the plants 2 nights ago b/c it got cold and a couple hours after I put it in, I checked on them and apparently the heater was blasting lava-hot heat on one of my babies.

I'm gonna let her try to work it out, haven't trimmed anything off, just going to wait and see what she does.

It was very disheartening to see my strongest gal being killed by an avoidable error I made. But, that's why I grow more than 1, and at least they are bag seeds.

Aside from the LSTed ones and the torture victim, the bunch seem to be loving the warm, sunny weather this weekend.

Attached Files:

11. Week 5.
    Think I'll be able to put them in the ground next week :)

Attached Files:

12. That overheated one will come bk but she will not produce like she was supposed to. I've got one that had severe nute burn and overwatering and she is no where near her sisters. She's growing so I ain't complaining. I've got them under a 600 watt hps I take them outside when the sun is shining clear tho. I plan on doing some cloning this weekend.

13. get them out of those clear containers, the sunlight will kill those roots, they need it dark and cool.

14. Ok, gonna have to just wrap some duct tape around the containers to cut the light to them. And I trimmed the heat-blasted one down to what looked still alive, so just above it's first set of leaves, it's reacting as if it's been topped....right beside a volcano. I'm worred the stress will make it hermie. And, with unknown genetics i'll probably just murder it if it's not purely female.

15. how close are you thinking of planting to the river ? because i have a river too and am unsure how close i should plant them 

16. I'm interested to see how this goes n.n I have a little four day old seedling and two germed that I plan to grow outside once they've had about a month to get started inside. Good luck!

17. I threw one into the ground today. I dug a hole about 2-3 feet from the creek, and with a post hole digger I dug down to the water line. Then filled the hole w/ loose soil and peat up to the normal plant hole, then put in the plant w/ some more soil. This way the tap-root has fast access to the water table. Will post pictures in a day or two, after I can see how transplanting is affecting it.

18. #19 Anatman, Apr 4, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2014

Attached Files:

19. Got 4 in the ground so far. Planning on putting 4 more in that spot tomorrow. Have some garlic growing down there, but I want some more along with mint and some aromatic plants to ward off pesky animals.
    So far no signs of visitors, though.

Attached Files: