Dual 600w 4x2 6 plant current culture scrog

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by backwoods921, Mar 11, 2014.

1. My last grow didnt quite work out as planned bc of badly timed clones. I wanted 6 same sized plants and finally got everything goin. They are 3 blue dream 2 crystal mountain and a strawberry deathstar.

Veg system will be a 30gal tub 6 site dwc with a top feed. Got about 18 gals water. Im running R.O with GH lucas with calmag, aquashield and flora +. Ill b adding koolbloom and flora nectar in flower. Ppms at 450

In flower i have 2 separate 3 bucket current culture systems. 18 gal rez 5 gal buckets 400gph waterpumps on each. Each also have a 40lpm air pump on each flower system and on in the veg system. 600hps on top of each 4x2 screen. Each screen and system are in a 4x7 flower room. I have a few plants in there still.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. Test run with a few plants

Attached Files:

3. Quick update the blue dream took soil to hydro transplant awesome! One crystal mountain is still struggling to get goin but she just sprouted roots a week ago... deathstar is goin strong, gonna be a big girl. Temps are stayin strong but on the low side of limits cause it got cold and snowed again here. Should b warming up in next two week and Ill be good to go. pH drifted high after two days (6.8) readjusted...

Attached Files:

4. Wicked setup man. Subbed

5. Thanks for following ill try to update twice a week.

They are doin great. The blue dreams are takin off fast! Almost all have roots emerged from netpots, workin its way to the water below.

Attached Files:

6. I switched the one crystal mountain out for a better onec i had. It looks alot better. Order of plants clockwise starting back left, blue dream#1, strawberry deathstar, crystal mountain #1, crystal mountain #2, blue dream #2, blue dream #3

7. Plants are exploding with growth. Topped blue dream #1 and deathstar's top most cola. They are all touchung water with roots except Crystal mountain #2, he was a lil behind anyway. Ppms stayin solid, lost about 3gal of soup just topped it off with 3 more gal of premixed soup. Also threw in 20ml of aquashield.

Attached Files:

8. #8 backwoods921, Mar 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2014
    I have almost all my plants outt the flower room now except the cystal mtn mother and 2 more lemon haze plants. Ill be assembling the second current culture system within a week or so now that i have the spot opened up. Ill b using the same setup as my other one with a few tweaks.

Heres a pic right after my test run harvest.

Attached Files:

9. Pic update veg day 19

Attached Files:

10. Couple q's if ya dont mind :smoke:

How long did the blue dream take to start progressing after transplant from soil?

What was your process, feeding schedule etc for that transplant?

I ask because i had a few plants that died for the first time ever in my ten years of growing due to root aphids. I transplanted a few clones from that and they had 7-10 inch roots in three weeks in nothing more than a window seal.

I then bought some banana kush clones, alien og, and confidential cheese. Those were all rooted in soil. I transplanted into hydro (growstones) and the growth has been quite slow. I kept ppm at 350 for the first couple weeks feeding calmag, maxigrow+bloom,cannazym, and an ph down when needed, ro water.

Yesterday i had to switch to tap for the chrlorine due to algae buildup on top of growstones. Going to treat with stop n shock or whatever its called. First hydro grow btw. My blue dream (i assume bd) clones from my first grow thrived almost instantly, are a jungle now, and prefer 1350ppms per day to my shock.

Jus curious if theres a period of stunt before growth and how long it takes for plants to grow again. Thanks.

11. Not really i took soil clones got a tub of water and just took the clones outta cups, set in few inches of water and splashed roots till all soil was gone. Then put 2" layer of growstone and set roots on top and filled with rest of stone. I run a top feed to help keep the plants watered till they reach thru netpot to wayter. I start my clones around 400ppm with nothing but base nutes and aquasheild

12. System 1 complete! Transplanted the 3 blue dream yesterday. Running 800ppm. Temps still dropping to 60 at night but it will b fine. MH 600w at 40% power.

Gonna build 2nd system next week and get the 2nd set goin Strawberry deathstar and 2 crystal mountain

Attached Files:

13. #13 backwoods921, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2014
    Pic update 5 days flower blue dream. Still vegging deathstar and crystal mountain. Will update with pics when i switch them over

Attached Files:

14. Very big stretch goin on. Almost doubled in size already. Gave them extra room to strech into screen. It sits at 20" above buckets. This plant has the biggest leaves ive seen yet.

15. Havnt updated in a while. Blue dream week 4 flowering. Finally quit stretching on me. HUGE stretch! I wanna say 2.5x in 4 weeks. Running at 1100ppm. Did a light trim a few days ago. Alot of big leaves above screen. Alot of ppl say dont cut fan leaves blah blah blah... it seems to work wonders for me using scrog. I keep it almost clear of fan leaves above screen to allow light to cover entire canopy. Even light to all buds above screen.

Attached Files:

16. Looking good man, I have a similar sized ScrOG screen, around the same amount of time on 12/12 too. I keep all my fan leaves though so should make an interesting comparison. That's a good size air pump, do you find it noisy? I use two 10 litre per minute air pumps and they are noisy enough lol 

17. Strawberry Deathstar day 14 flower. Showing buds sooner and mild stretch compared to blue dream. Ppm at 1000. Crystal mtn had almost no stretch. I only have one cystal mtn in flower. Other went into soil and goin outside :) also a budshot of crystal mtn mother buds!! Smells amazing. Huge thick buds.

Attached Files:

18. The airpump was noisy at first but once the piston broke in it quieted down alot.

19. Crystal mountain mother in flower bout 3 weeks out

Attached Files:

20. #20 backwoods921, May 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2014
    Pic update blue dream week 6 flowering. Doin great drinkin about 5 gals of soup every 4 days. Ppm stayin solid at 1100.

Attached Files: