Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed and Unexpected Weight Loss???

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by SuperReigns, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Not trying to be "that girl" who says, "Omg, I so totally don't get the munchies and I just keep losing weight, hee hee hee" but seriously...WTF? I DO sometimes get the munchies and I DO eat a lot of CRAP...Wendy's triple meal, family size bag of Doritos, a medium pizza...for one....lol. But I don't get them often and I'm not a weight conscious person as long as my sexy clothes still look sexy, I think I am good and I don't ever worry about it. But I've been thinning out a LOT since taking up toking. I bought a scale (I never used one before) because I noticed my clothes were getting looser and I looked "stealthier" than usual and I've dropped almost 10 lbs in about a month...I don't get it. I thought I may even have to( I am sorry, kiddos, I am about to use a dirty word)-EXERCISE to even out the weed I am using. Apparently not? Weed can make you skinnier????

2. The weightloss is something not experienced by most users ,and it shouldn't be looked at as the type of weightloss associated with unmentionables ,but it has been proven that people who ingest or smoke cannabis tend to have a lower BMI than those who don't.

3. I don't think it's the weed that is making you lose weight. Some people are just lucky and can eat bad all day and still stay skinny. Or maybe they came out with a weight loss strain that I'm unaware of

4. I lose weight when I smoke weed. I have less of an appetite when I'm sober and of course munchies when high. I dropped 15 lbs of excess weight, and I'm steady at 165 now. It's weird but it works.

5. the thing for me is as long as I'm toking regularly, I have no appetite unless I'm stoned. So if I'm not able to smoke in the morning, my first meal won't be till 3 or 4 in the afternoon. People talk about gaining the freshman fifteen well I lost the got damn freshman 30 because I wasn't able to smoke regularly. 

6. Got the freshman 45 lost in about the first month. It's because you forget to eat and smoking becomes first priority.

7. damn this is me...

8. #8 Jingo Dookstain, Mar 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2014
    I gained ten pounds in the last few months. Which is pretty remarkable, because I've never been able to gain weight from anything except working out (which I rarely do). I'm sure my insides are pretty nasty from all the shit I've been consuming though.

In your case, I dunno. That's pretty strange to LOSE weight. I guess it's a blessing, who knows. Either way, this should be one of those "first world problems" memes.

9. I lost 50 lbs over the course of almost a year of daily toking. They say pot doesn't contribute to weight loss, I call bull. Read a study once that suggested that it might give your metabolism a boost, but not really sure how true that is. 

Does it affect your appetite at all when you're not high? I've found that I really only get hungry when I'm high, and my appetite sober has decreased to almost nothing.

10. It can boost your metabolism.

11. If you didn't change your lifestyle, and started randomly losing a bunch of weight, go see a doctor....

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Lost about 60 pounds, it supresses my apitite and the nausea and just drinking water with honey was enough to go the day with just one meal. 

13. I used to take Dexedrine for ADD,(not ADHD just ADD big difference) and when I quit my appetite shot through the roof. Dexedrine is an amphetamine so it suppresses appetite, but it's all day so you don't feel hungry until supper time. Weed has the same effect but achieves it in the opposite way. A typical user will not smoke during the working day so appetite is again suppressed until weed is consumed again. So yeah it figures you would lose or gain weight dependent on your smoking times.

14. You're lucky weed makes me gain weight.
    Damn the munchies!

15. Never heard that weed regulates body weight to where it should be. ? Makes sure your metabolism is at the right level. Well If your reallyyyy skinny and light your gonna someday get regular size. Im your reaallly fat and heavy. With a diet and exercise you can lose a lot of weight fast. I get munchies but i can control them to a certain point. If im planning to eat a lot one night ill obviously get stoned and it feels like my normal stomach capacity for food is multiplied by like 5000. Im skinny so i t helps. But do realize not everyone is the same when it comes to this. Blaze up✌️

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. Happened to me as well.