First-time Grow Journey

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by Dope Mermaid, Mar 11, 2014.

1. So the other day I decided to go purchase a clone from my local dispensary to start growing because, why not?.

I purchased a Sour Joker clone and am going to be pursuing a hydroponics based grow using Botanicare KIND Base/Grow/Bloom nutrients and Canna Coco as my medium. So far, I only have an LED light to light it and yes, I know the hype isn't real so hopefully I will be able to purchase one of the hood lights I saw at the store, I just don't know about dropping $199 on it. If anyone has any advice in terms of creating a balast/hps light structure for less I have looked into it somewhat, just didn't know how complicated it would get or if it was just more worth it to spend the money on what they already have available.

I will be transplanting it tonight and hopefully will have pictures and more details soon. Please post any suggestions/comments that will be helpful.

-Ari

2. Congrats on getting started!

I got my 400w HID off of ebay for about $130 I think. Hasn't failed me yet.

I would go with a few more plants to begin, as that one may not make it (but you can just do one if you want) :D

Let us know if you have questions.