Gittinright indoors

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by gittinright420, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Okay folks here I go again this time inside and hopefully a better quality as we all look for. My girls got started Feb.2nd so far I got a male and he's bout to get the boot, but I have two confirmed females and the others are looking sexy too so I hope I ain't checking out no dude. The soil was a MG organic blend but I bought some perlite peat moss manure and compost it has been sitting for about a week. Okay now heres the question. Why? Are my babies curling like this and is the lamp too close cuz they're not the beautiful green I'm use to seeing. The last two pics are the soil I'm mixing and the first shots are babies that need diagnosis.
    View attachment 135656
    View attachment 135655
    View attachment 135541
    View attachment 135540

2. Also now I know I have females can I just switch to an 18/6 schedule from 12/12 without any issues? I plan on vegging for the rest of march and start flowering them out. I'll take cuts the day I go back to 12/12 and veg them out a month then add em in with other girls until I get a system of harvesting every two weeks. This is my dream if anybody sees any holes or way to make it anymore greener please feel free to sprinkle a lil fairy dust.

3. More pics coming any help or suggestions?

4. #4 gittinright420, Mar 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2014
    View attachment 135742
    View attachment 135741
    View attachment 135740
    Just did a transplant into the soil I mixed all my ladies roots were starting to curl, they had been in those cups for 5wks. Duh... well hopefully them roots stretch out and smile. I plan to veg them for the next 20 days on a 18/6 but hey I've said that already. Nothing much happening now other than growing smoking and learning. Puff puff

5. View attachment 135876
    View attachment 135875
    View attachment 135874
    As you can see since nobody's talking. Its all growing going on here. Plants are still curling downwards but they've gotten more greener so I'm not going to fret. I take them outside when the sun is shining cuz I dont have a light to match that so I think its best. The weather has been up and down here lately so they've been inside for about two days. I'm hoping for an explosion of growth the next two weeks so I can get a few cuts off each one.

6. #6 gittinright420, Mar 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2014
    I know my soil has got to be good cuz it has a serious earthy smell when is wet. Everything is fine though I'm just peeking here and there but nothing serious, hoping I can find clones in this city.

7. Okay well for today I took the light out of the cabinet i needed more airflow and space to put plants. I've got it hung up with some rope (just for now). I'll put up some more pics in the morning i think haha hopefully someone chimes in.

8. Here's a few shots

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

9. Og kush in my lungs

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

10. Looks like you did the right thing repotting them , more roots more buds ,  the last set of  pics they are all looking good. 

11. Yeah, definitely looking good! What size did you move up to?

12. I think they're one gallon I'm just trying to get em big enough to get a few cuts to start my perpetual setup goin.

13. The girls are starting to burst with growth and I'm smiling. Another week with growth like this and I'll be taking cuts and praying for a great success in that area. I'm thinking of taking two cuts off each girl next week. Wait a week and take two more to start staggering my harvest times. I took some pics this morning and I'll take more tomorrow hopefully they've grew even more.

14. #14 gittinright420, Mar 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2014
    Here's a pic update hope everyone is growing green.

Attached Files:

15. Ok I'm seriously thinking of taking about four cuts a piece off my two larger ladies. I'll veg em for about two more weeks and flip the switch but that puts me in the issue of one grow space. I've got a cabinet that I can veg my clones in but I now have to buy more bulbs (cfl) sockets and cords. Well here's a pic update to myself since all that's happening with this thread is mirror talk.

Attached Files:

16. Looks good what is it  bag seed or what ?

17. Just some texas reg popcorn but it smells great and is growing nice. I'm bout to clone cuz I'm trying to stagger my harvest.

18. Here's the girls they had a foliar spray bcuz they need nitrogen idk why but hey they getting green.

Attached Files:

Just because it smells healthy doesn't mean the soil actually is. How long did you cycle this mix when you amended it?

I'd wager it's either an aeration/drainage or buffering problem based on those pics.

I would also recommend you browse this thread, [ http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/1116550-easy-organic-soil-mix-beginners.html ] it should help provide a bit of insight on soil mixes. 

20. You're right on all of the above except aeration I didn't let it sit long enough and it was still hot. It sat for around two weeks. Give or take. They are looking real good and growing nice.