Dark Souls 2 General

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Vicious, Mar 10, 2014.

Its not that one, it's the big one lol. I did the small one first try *bragbrag* 
    I did Freja too, when I managed to hit her with fire on one of her heads she lost so much life!

2. For the Royal Rat Authority, just dive under his head each time he is attacking. Then when you're under his body, attack his hind legs. Repeat until he's dead.

Ahh, the big guys a pain. It all depends on how quickly you take out the 4 rats that come at you in the beginning. If you can do that, then just play unlocked and stay under its body, and dodge when you have to. That boss was probably the most frustrating for me.

I never actually thought about staying under his body, I always tried to run infront of him and turn around whenever I had the chance, it didn't really work out lol. I'll defo try it.. Thanks :)

5. I'm stuck on Freja. It's not a hard fight, I just keep dying stupid ways. If I wasn't broke on effigy it would be too easy. In all honesty I probably won't end up rolling another character on PS3. As soon as PC drops I'll be rolling another character.

6. if it out of effigy do the respawn glitch, put ur summon sign down and when u enter world just kill urself or play until host or or boss dies an when u get sent back u should be human with full health, doesn't work everytime so may hae to do it couple times- 20 or so it depends it seems to be random but it works, been playing for 20 somthing hours an haven't used a effigy once in the game, only have like 6-10-15 an been alive 10 times from this method,also can buy effigy(thanks God) lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

They made it so you regain some humanity every time you get summoned. Idk how many times you have to get summoned before you are full on human though, I haven't tested it yet.

8. wht do u mean like gain some health? I haven't found that at all it's either I stay hollow n have whatever health I had before I was summoned or go human n get everything to 100%,

9. #209 The Stud, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2014

Well, it said that they fixed it on the last update.. 

10. Yeah, you can get back to human form by beating bosses. Also, there is a certain alter in Amana that you can pray to that will turn you into human if you are out of effigies.

11. weird cuz theirs no humanity in the game anymore lol only effigy

12. #213 1bakedpotato, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2014
    so i got a buddy to let me borrow the damn game... and fucking A i'm right back at a 1st playthrough.... getting lost, fighting monsters too tough for me, skipping bonfires.... prepared to die again

oh and throw this fucking wrinkle in... I died a handful of times now I automatically start off with just a lil over half health... yeah... cooooooool

13. A handful is nothing, lol ;) If I had to guess, I am guessing I have died around maybe 700 times? I'm gonna go offline mode later and check! 

14. There are a handful of rings you can get that deal with hollowing/losing health. One is in Heides Flame, and the other is in No-Mans Wharf, which are usually the 2nd and 3rd areas you go to, and you can always use an effigy/co-op bosses to regain health.

how do you know? does that monument towards the start show just yours if you aren't online?

by handful I mean at least a hundred. I started off going towards flame and some sentinels before realizing that probably wasn't the easiest course.. so after some back tracking I found the forest of giants. Now the only way I'm making progress is by killing them enough times they stop showing up. How can you level your stats up in this one?

It's very important that you do a few preliminary things right at the start of the game or you'll be in deep shit for the rest of it lol.

For one, have you spoken to the Emerald Herald yet? She's the robed chick right by the Far Fire bonfire in Majula. She's how you level up, and also gives you the estus flask which is going to be essential.

Also setting up Lenigrast the blacksmith in his shop is going to help you early, as he's the only guy who's going to be able to repair/upgrade you're equipment for a while.

Another good thing to do is look for estus flask shards. There's a free one in Majula, over by the abandoned mansion, at the bottom of a well out front. Hit the rock on the lip of the well and it'll bring up a body with a shard on it. There's 8 or 9 total in the game I think.

Good luck and prepare to die!

17. #218 1bakedpotato, Apr 22, 2014

Ah ha I knew I had to have fucking missed something... hahaha. I went over by the shops and saw the blacksmith was locked outside of his house. I will have to look for the Emerald Herald right away, thanks for the tips.

I spent a good half hour wondering if I might have missed something with lighting the posts with a torch but gave up on that one.

18. #219 Vicious, Apr 22, 2014
    You talk to the maiden at the bonfire in Majula. Instead of grinding out enemies till they stop spawning which will skew your soul amount, find a weapon that you are comfortable with, a decent shield that can block 100% and fight an enemy at a time until you make progress. Once you learn an enemies attack pattern, behavior and move set you can clear areas easy.

Once you know an area there are ways to run through only dealing with a couple enemies but I recommend pushing through and leveling up what you want with a build in mind. Str is better than Dex in this one and Hexes are OP, magic for the most part is easy mode but it's always preferable to be comfortable meleeing. A

Also you can be summoned to other people's worlds for souls and to progress towards turning back human. It's an action adventure RPG, don't be afraid to explore, death is cheap in this game. If you're making your way back to a blood stain to regain souls be cautious, homeward bones are your friends. Also talk to all NPC's until dialogue is exhausted, you will get items and effect quests.

19. #220 The Stud, Apr 22, 2014

Yes, you go offline mode, and then look at the momentum.

And, you don't have to exhaust them, they only give like 50 souls per. After you beat the lost giant, you should be able to go to where the big guards are and kill them. They aren't that hard.

After posting it, I realized it was of no help at all, but the guy above me explained it good :)