Tommys 2014 Outdoor Grow-Op

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Medicinal-Tommy, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Whats up guys:
    9-11 Video update 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbngpFFcYDw&feature=youtu.be

Been making some shatter on the side too:

IMG_20140909_181006_nopm_.jpg
    IMG_20140908_193049_nopm_.jpg

2. very nice Thomas, how much was that slick setup of yours? Where did you happen to find it? Online?

3. I spent about 5-600 bucks on everything. The pump, and chamber I bought on ebay.  350 for both. 5cfm 2 stage robinair. And a Vac-It Pro. You can get to -29 In a few minutes. You need a cheap hot plate, some wax paper, and some little tools. Putty knife, razor blades, Parchment paper. All the fun stuff. Extraction tube, butane. 

I used some great sugar leaf, and good bud and somehow only got a little over a gram of shatter per oz. Most guys are getting 3-4 grams per oz out of good product. So I'm learning how to extract correctly. I'm getting rid of the coffee filters. And going with 50 micron screen and hose clamps instead of rubber bands. I had oil soaking the filter up the sides of the tube past the rubber bands. EEK, 

I was depressed to see how little I pulled with the amount of product I actually used. No question the Shatter is amazing. But its simply not worth it unless you can get at least 3 grams per oz. 

I'm also going to run the product I  extracted with butane through some bubble hash bags to see if I somehow didn't get it all out. Something went wrong. 

I'm learning though. 

4. How did you fair this wind storm? I made it with zero broken branches. Plants are beat though. The potted plants I put in huge circle packed into each other and the corner fence. Some netting on the outside to bundle them. Perfect. Any rain with wind like that and it's deadly.

Will watch your vids now. Sorry if you already covered the wind. 

5. Luckily that wind storm that hit you guys didn't affect my area. I thought it might hit us harder. But in all truth it was a less than average day as far as wind goes. Glad you prepped and got through it. I was seeing the weather alerts. Since I watch fox12 portland. Thats my closest local news. :)  

I'm putting plastic up probably Mon or Tues. Possibly even on Sunday. Weather has been outstanding, just hope it stays that way. I don't mind a few days of rain. Just not a week in a row. 

6. BTW thanks 5150, Check out those video's. I get very few people that see them. I only share them in this thread since I don't want to make my video's public and risk my credentials being exposed from youtube. ;) 

7. Feed day, getting ready to take some photos. :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Train wreck big/bud

Attached Files:

9. Ready for the rain.

Attached Files:

10. Blue og

Attached Files:

11. Lemon og

Attached Files:

12. Sinfully sour

Attached Files:

13. Orange cream

Attached Files:

14. Sage and sour

Attached Files:

15. Prez kush 1.2

Attached Files:

16. Kosher kush

Attached Files:

17. Beautiful garden man...always enjoy your journals, thanks. Good luck with the weather, looks like you've really got the tenting down pat this year.

18. Thanks carlsbarn. I appreciate the kind words. Yeah the rain is coming no doubt. I do have parts of a few plants that are going to get wet. I have a gas powered leaf blower to help some though. ;)

19. Love seeing the sugar.

Attached Files:

20. Bitches are lookin great this year. Going to be a good haul