Tommys 2014 Outdoor Grow-Op

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Medicinal-Tommy, Mar 10, 2014.

Hey, I remember replying to your support request on this.  Kinda expected you might reply back to discuss how it works.

Typically my 'clones' are teenagers -- They've been vegged at least 6-8 weeks and are at least 16 inches tall up to 2 feet, with good branch development.   Smallest pots are one gallons, but typically 2 gals.  I will sometimes do a '2nd round' of germination and taking cuttings in mid to end of March.  These will not be a far along as the first round clones, but still will be more developed than typical 'clones' you get from a walk-in supplier.

Every spring for the last 9-10 years I have been supplying plants like this for OMMP card holders -- Usually throughout the month of MAY.   People get on the waiting list earlier in the year, and then when plants are ready I send out an email and folks schedule a meetup. 

Just a small sample of some of what will be available this year for the 'clone fest'.  LOL

Gorilla Grape BX2 (pure cut from Outlaw)
    Oregon Grown OG
    Blue Pacific OG
    PEx
    Sugar Cookies
    Mastodon
    Green Crack (long-held cut from Cecil himself)
    Rocket Chunk
    Snowdog hybrid

Best time to get on this LIST is from Thanksgiving through New Years.  Usually much later than that and you won't be able to get a 'teen' sized plant, or one of the 'elites'.

So maybe I'll see you next year.  ;-)

2. im looking forward to growing out your genetics!! Wish Mastodon was available when I placed my order. Hope to see my stuff in the mail on Monday

Tommy,
    The headband you grew out last year, was that Reserva Privada?.

3. Thanks, I really appreciate you coming onto my thread to tell me that. I'll reply to your email and try to get the info. I've always done my own germination until last year. But have found with my time restrictions it's better to get a cutting from a strain that has already been picked from the best. And finding strains that do really well in Oregon is even better. I've been building year after year just to fight the rains, mold, and bud rot that comes in October. It's time to get strains that finish by the first week of Oct.

I look forward to meeting you in the future.

Tommy

4. I think so, It was one of their freebie's. 

5. Group shot,

Before repotting into Happy Frog/Organic Worm Casting mix. They will be going into 3 gallon pots today.

[​IMG]

6. Happy little crowd. Started germing my seed for outdoor today.

7. I was planning on putting them in the fields at about this stage, how many more weeks until you intent to set them in the ground? 

8. Probably the first week of May. They are going to be root bound and bigger than I originally wanted them. I am going to super crop, top, LST. Them all in the 3 gallon pots, then 5 gallon. Then 65 gallon pots. 

I'm not sure why I rushed to get these cuttings so early. One of my buddies was getting his, so It lit a fuse in my ass.

9. end ofmay firstweek of June is when I rock cuts outside and my seed plants.

10. I've got 4 holes dug for autos in full sun, where I can tend to them without major issues. My intentions are that these will be in and out before anyone can think differently about them. The spot is in an open wet weather swamp that no one goes near because of the mud, everything gets stuck, even a 4wd tractor.

So for these holes, I'm going to watch the weather closely, look for a long range warm spike, and go from germinating in a cloning plug right into the earth, then putting the cages on them and fitting them with a cover to keep them warm at night and is easy to remove in the AM, or better yet, won't roast the plants if I can't get it off of them until later in the day. Maybe white strawberry covering, or just really loose straw in the cage?

Does this sound reasonable for auto flowers? 

11. Its all oregon in this thread! subed for sure!

Sent from my X501_USA_Cricket using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Got my order from Oregon Greenseed! They added in Blue Snowdog as my freebie. Snowdog sounds bad-ass in its own right and it sounds like they shortened the finish time to mid Sept. Dang, how sweet would that be? finishing in Sept? I was still pulling stuff down Oct 20th last year.

13. RobertB - start that Blue Snowdog indoors so it has a couple months to veg out before you put it outside.  Try to get it out no later than June 1st.  THEN you should be able to start harvesting by mid september and have her completely harvested and hanging to dry by first of october. 

M.

14. I wish I could start all this stuff indoors but I just can't. I might buy a cheap growbox next year just for this, but this year the little sprouts will have to hack in from day 1. I do have the ability put them in a cold frame of sorts. So heavy rains, birds etc wont be an issue.

15. Yep I'de prefer to have a strain like that in a 10 gallon pot grown indoors into a big mom, before replanting into a 65-100 gallon outdoor smart pot.

16. Tommy, please elaborate on your thinking here. Thanks!

17. #37 Medicinal-Tommy, Mar 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2014
    Replanted my clones:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpyWhZhk2dE&feature=youtu.be

I talked to a buddy today and looks like I'm going to be growing some Grand Daddy Purp this year too.

18. Early finishing strains do better when vegged indoor for a month or more .  When I find strains that finish early(SEP). They usually need to be pretty big indoor before I bring them out.  Your overall harvest really depends on it.

19. Some great flavors this year Tommy. How you fitting em all in ur grden? Get more space?