Tommys 2014 Outdoor Grow-Op

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Medicinal-Tommy, Mar 10, 2014.

1. #1 Medicinal-Tommy, Mar 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2014
    Sour Kosher (Kosher Kush x Sour Diesel) Late Sept Harvest 
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
    Prezidential Kush 1.2 Juicy Fruit x Prezidential Kush) mid oct
    Type: Hybrid
    Grow: Indoor/Outdoor
    Flowering Time: 9 weeks
    Outdoor Harvest: Mid October
    Yield: Heavy
    Genetics: Juicy Fruit x Prezidential KushSinfully Sour (Sage n Sour Og x Sour Jack) Sativa Dominant 67 days flower
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Orange Creamsicle  (Orange Crush) X (Juicy Fruit) Yield- Heavy
    Flowering Time: 9 – 9 1/2 weeks

Medical benefits: Anxiety, Nausea

This strain tastes like orange sunshine in your mouth. It is high yielding and extremely resinous strain that is one of MTG Seeds highest producers. It is capable of growing very tall with extremely heavy colas.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cotton Candy: (Lavender x Power Plant) Oct
    \n\t\t\t\tGenotype\t\t\t\t\t\t\t75% sativa 25% indica\t\t\t\t\t\tTHC\t\t\t\t\t\t\t20%\t\t\t\t\t\tIndoor Harvest Time\t\t\t\t\t\t\tfrom 60 to 70 days\t\t\t\t\t\tFlavour\t\t\t\t\t\t\tCitric fruit\t\t\t\t\t\tWay of cropping\t\t\t\t\t\t\tInd/Out\t\t\t\t\t\tProduction\t\t\t\t\t\t\t450-550gr/m2 indoor - 600 gr/m2 outdoor\t\t\t\t\t\tSmell\t\t\t\t\t\t\tVery High\t\t\t\t\t\tEfect\t\t\t\t\t\t\tEuphoric\t\t\t\t\t\tResistance to mold\t\t\t\t\t\t\tMedium\t\t\t\t\t\tOutdoor Harvest Time\t\t\t\t\t\t\tmid-October\t\t\t\t\t\tResistance to plagues\t\t\t\t\t\t\tHigh\t\t\t\t\t\tSex\t\t\t\t\t\t\tFeminized\t\t\t\t\t\tLineage\t\t\t\t\t\t\tLavender x Power Plant\t\t--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Big Wreck (Purple Wreck x Big Bud) Oct
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Grape God (Late Sept Harvest)
    Next Generation Grapegod is a special large production Indica strain that might mean they make lots of seeds for collectors to collect. The Next Generation breeders have been working on this Grapegod for over a decade.    Each generation was carefully picked from a large selection of potential parents. Carefully selected for deep flavour, beautiful appearance and very large yields.   Grapegod  cannabis seeds flower indoors within 50 days and can be harvested outdoors late September - early October.  We know you will enjoy.  
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Blue OG (BlueBerry F3 x Blue Moonshine x Og Kush)
    A cross between a Blueberry F3, Blue Moonshine, and a potent Kush/Thai Indica hybrid that has achieved truly legendary status in the USA; OG Kush.
    Its short, very compact stature and very vigorous growth stage make it perfectly adaptable to any size growroom and growing method.
    High resin production begins a few weeks after the start of flowering and, when dried properly, the buds acquire a delicious red berry taste with citrusy hints. This makes it one of the best strains for hash and oil extraction as the results are abundant and the taste and aroma, sublime.
    At almost never more than 8 weeks, flowering is quick, making it also highly suited for outdoor growing in climes that require early cropping.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sage and Sour (Sage x Sour Diesel) 
    T H Seeds Sage 'n' Sour: Do you like flavour? Do you like strength? How about yield?  Then you will love Sage ‘n' Sourâ„¢.  Bringing some West Coast haze flavour to an East Coast legend, Sour Diesel is a win-win situation for you. S.A.G.E.â„¢ has been T.H.SEEDS # 1 plant for 15 years and we are sure that Sage ‘n' Sourâ„¢ will be one of yours. We wouldn't cross any plant with our favourite, the SAGE, but then again, the Sour Diesel is not your typical plant.  With it's well balanced flavour and infamous strength and smell the SAGE has finally met it's match. With quicker flowering time than the SAGE and a bigger yield than the Sour Diesel, you can now recieve the benefits of this must have combo. Sage ‘n' Sourâ„¢ is a great plant for deep-water culture, as her cannabis seeds can grow quite massive. The finished product is of the highest caliber and will leave you wanting more.  
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lemon Kush (Late September, Early Oct)
    Female Seeds Lemon Kush A Chitral kush from the Hindu Kush mountain range in Afghanistan and Pakistan. With an unique strong herbal lemon smell and taste. She is mostly indica with small hard nugs and with a little stretch towards the end. Stoney, yet high allround buzz So, despite the indica heritage, she leads to a sativa-ish high in the head and is therefore a favourite amongst the connoisseurs of the medical community in Holland since the early 90's. Yield is average to good with very white, high resin buds after a flowering time of about 8 - 9 weeks.  Height approx. 0.80m - 1m Also suitable for outdoors in temperate climates, where the grapes and citrus grows. Harvest end September - half October.  

Attached Files:

2. Nice strains you gotthis year. Good luck Tommy gonna be a good 2014. Even better then last year I think.

3. Some of the strains I picked up sound interesting. Some I'm just not too sure about. But all in all, it's hard to find a bad strain anymore. As long as the grower knows what he or she is doing. Then it's just learning the plants characteristics and putting two and two together for some flowering fun. I'm glad your aboard for my 2014 Journal bro. 

Looks like you got some amazing action going in your garden. I've yet to get my hands on some Bog Seeds. Hiis genetics are outstanding. :)

I look forward to watching your grow journal. I'll definitely be keeping my eyes open. 

4. Tommy.just discovered these guys.Have you ever heard of them? Too hard to pass up genetics specially  put together for the PNW.

http://oregongreenseed.com/

I just ordered the Amnesia hashplant and Oregon grown OG..

5. Nice find. I didn't know about them. I might be contacting them for a couple of clones if possible. Too late for seeds. :)

Thanks for the link bro. 

6. jeez dude, its march! I don't even put anything out until mid may. do me a favor, try a couple seeds and see where you are at. I bet if you germ them within 2 weeks from now. they will catch any clones you have.

7. #7 Medicinal-Tommy, Mar 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2014
    Yeah, I've always done better with my seeds. Last year and this year are the only years I have every touched a clone from a person. I have always popped my own seeds and grew my own plant from start to finish. Yeah I know if I popped some seeds today they would catch up to my clones. But if I have to order and wait for seeds to come in the mail. Then germinate. I seriously doubt those will catch up. But these people are in Oregon. So might only take a day or two to get the seeds. Well I guess it's possible then. LOL  Now I went to that website and looked at their selection's. I put one order in a cart. I noticed just 1. Does that one mean 1 seed? Or one order of 5 seeds? Id have to think it meant 5 or 6 seeds. I'll contact them and find out. I doubt they would be charging 50-60 dollars for 1 seed. 

I do not have time to sex a plant though. So I have to check for females too.

8. sexing the plant is the only downside. Banana in the bag trick seems to work well for old pork though. all quantities are 5-10 seeds per bag sometimes more. I noticed on donkey kong they were doing 30 seeds per bag

9. Some people just put out 15-20 plants in 10-15 gallon pots and just pull the males and let the females grow on. I have to know they are female before going into 65-100 gallons of super soil.  

So I contacted them and asked if I could buy clones in person. It's worth a try. ;)

10. let me know how it goes. I know they do not have a storefront.

I want some of these 

12. they shipped mine the same day I ordered them. form Or i should have them tomorrow. cant beat that and no customs worries. Fully expecting my attitude order to not make it, just based on their track record. I would rather buy locally if I can.

13. I did talk to them, I guess they don't have a actual store. So you cannot just come and pick up clones. But they do give out a few clones to OMMP patients during the month of May. A clone for me in May is too late to make it in my garden. Of course I could grow some decent size 1 lb er's. But I'm looking for 2-3+.  So maybe next year. I also don't run lights year around. So doesn't help me to pick up a clone and hold it all year. 

What's up bro? The company is a good find. Early finishers are nice. And proven ones for our climate.

14. What strains did you order? I'll be watching your garden closely this year. I'de like to find out how they turn out for sure. :)

15. #15 RobertBaratheon, Mar 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2014
    Tom,

I went with what looked like the earliest finishers they had, that were potent Amnesia Hashplant and Oregon grown OG. Both Said they would finish in early to mid Sept. If they actually did, that would be huge. I bought a bunch of genetics this year and they may get put on hold because I am so excited about these. Not excited about having to sex them as my spot is really tight on space.

16. Nice List there Thomas, I would like to try more late finishers but just hate to lose the Quality/Quantity ..  That PCNG place has a few nice ones to try for a shorter season

17. Just do you best to get them two weeks old and flip the light to 12/12 and just watch patiently for a pistol's. Toss the ones in question. Immediately switch back to 18/6 for your fems and go with it. I've only sexed with a older plant like 4 weeks from germination. Not sure if 2 weeks is good or not they are tiny at that stage. With time restriction's  you got to do what you got to do.

BTW those 2 strains seemed pretty good. Good luck!!!! Another thing I like to do is pop all 10-15 seeds and look for the best 1-2 females and clone from those. Out of 10 seeds you might get 1 female that thrives above the others. Its a crap shoot when your on a time frame. And just trying to find females period. 

Thanks bro, I prefer OCT, NOV strains myself. But I can't have it all unless we get a Indian summer. Making it to the end of October is rare these days. Finishing any strain, is better than my favorite strain not finishing at all.

18. Thanks Tommy, But I don't have the ability to put them under lights. My indoor days went away when I had kids.

19. I feel you there, I am very lucky to have the garage I have. I have a 6 year old and a 8 almost 9 year old son(s). It's tough for me at times too. The weather has been great, but its not going to stay that way. I don't bring plant outside permantely until May 1st.

Are you just going to plant them all, and yank the males when they show? 

20. #20 orgreen, Mar 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2014

Pardon me for barging into your thread-

But, ummm...  I don't suggest you do that with the Amnesia Hashplant.  There is a fair amount of northern landrace genetics in this cultivar.  It reveals sex much earlier than typical varieties, especially those that have been worked for INDOOR growing.  I would say that by the time the plants are large enough to take decent cuttings (3rd to 4th internode), they will be showing pre-flowers.  Typically males show first, but not always.  

VERY important -- if you're planning to put these outside you should NOT give them an 18/6 light schedule indoors - instead you need to give them a light schedule as close to the photoperiod at your location OUTDOORS at at the time you plan to put them out.

Here in northern Oregon, we are getting about 15 hours of daylight by ~ June 1.  So I give my 'outdoor landrace rich' varieties (like the Amnesia Hashplant) about 15 1/2 hours of light - absolutely no more than 16 hours.  Otherwise, you will find some plants immediately go into flower when you put them out.  They will eventually go back to veg, but the stress and energy loss won't allow them to reach their max size and potential. 

Also important -- don't crowd their roots. This is even more important with outdoor-landrace-rich varietes. They will be triggered to go into flower if in too small of a pot or if their roots are bound and crowded.  So its important to up-pot as necessary and in a timely manner to avoid root crowding.  This could be a method to force early sexing, but I've never needed to test it out because of early showing of preflowers.

hth