Vertical Trees (Critical Kush) 1000w

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by EastBayFire510, Mar 10, 2014.

1. #1 EastBayFire510, Mar 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2014
    I've finally got around to buying my equipment and cleaning up the spare room. This will be my first official grow. Although this is my first grow, I've been reading up on multiple growing forums for over 2 years now. I am comfortable enough with my knowledge that I'll be jumping right in.

To clear this up early, I am a california medical marijuana patient.

I will be running two tents. A 4x4 veg. tent, and a 6.5x6.5 flowering tent. A 400w Nextgen ballast with an MH bulb for the veg. tent. With a 1000w nextgen for the flowering tent.

I plan to grow this critical kush out via the vertical method. I am now germinating 10 barneys farm critical kush that will go into 10 two gallon grow bags.

I plan to run no more than 10 at a time. Tomorrow marks day 1.

t1.jpg

2. Sounds ambitious! Best of luck from a fellow nor*cal producer!

As a general rule of thumb its: good to plan 1gal of potting soil space per month of planned grow time. I wouldnt advise smaller than 3gal pots if your anticipating a 1 month veg and 60-70day flower period. If your roots get bound up, it hinders your end result.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Hey there, drew. Thanks for stopping by. The 2 gallon pots are only for veg. and they will be transplanted into 5 gallon pots before flower. Nice looking mustang, by the way.

Day 3:

<span style="font-size:14px;">I've watered all the pots with 6.5 PH water and through in all 10 seeds. So far I've yet to see any sprout. Shouldn't be long from now. Here's some pics of my setup.</span>

Attached Files:

4. #4 EastBayFire510, Mar 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2014
    Day 4:

Only update now is my first seed broke soil. I'll give the rest 4 more days to break soil, after that, they're going in the trash.

Attached Files:

5. Best of luck to you bro. I'm a so Cal grower, feel free to ask anything. I'll be watching for sure.

6. #6 EastBayFire510, Mar 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2014

Hey ninja, thanks for the support.

Day 5:

Exciting day for sure. The sprout count just went up to 4. I added in more CFLs along with a small 6 inch oscilating fan.

Attached Files:

• s1.jpg
      s1.jpg
      File size:
      652.1 KB
      Views:
    • s2.jpg
      s2.jpg
      File size:
      665.7 KB
      Views:
    • s3.jpg
      s3.jpg
      File size:
      652.1 KB
      Views:
    • s4.jpg
      s4.jpg
      File size:
      667.4 KB
      Views:
    • s5.jpg
      s5.jpg
      File size:
      680.4 KB
      Views:
  7. gonna be way crowded in there if you're actually doing big plants

8. I'll be following along.  I did a search, but got no hits on "vertical method"?

In the 6.5x6.5 tent? I'm not talking tree huge, but bigger than averege.

Welcome, Joker. You can search google for Vertical tree grow and you'll find some interesting information.

Late Day 6 Update:

I've got 9 sprouts so far, only 1 dud out of 10. Really good odds. I'm starting to see a lot of stretch. Here's some pics.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      532.9 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      557.7 KB
      Views:
  10. Day 8:

They're getting bigger day by day. I got rid of the CFLs and threw in my 400W MH. I'm keeping the bulb about a foot and a half away from the seedlings. Any recommended length between plants and the bulb?

Anything to keep the plants from stretching too much? I do want them to get tall, but not that tall.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      807.4 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      665.8 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      625.3 KB
      Views:
  11. I use the hand test- put your hand at the top of the plant under the light, if it burns you it's too low. I have heard 1-2 feet too, but I keep mine as close as possible. They love it.

12. That's basically what I did. I need to order a thermometer.

13. Day 11:

They've gotten a lot bigger. Bad side is they stretched so much that the new leaf growth was almost too much weight on the stem's. I acted quick and filled them with another inch or so of soil to keep them up some what straight.

Pic;s of some girl scout cookies I've been smoking on.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      1,004 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      288.9 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      548 KB
      Views:
  14. I just went back and counted the actual days the plants were alive starting from when they first sprouted, and figured out that I was 5 days fast on the actual record. Now it's fixed.

Day 8:
    Just finished giving them fresh PH'd water. They seem to be growing really fast, but what do I know. I moved a couple back away from the MH because I felt it was getting too warm. I dropped another 6inch oscilating fan in there so now there's two running all the time. Things have been going great so far. Here's some pics.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      769.8 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      847.6 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      855.8 KB
      Views:
  15. Day 10:

They all seem to be healthy. I haven't gave them anything but PH'd water thus far. Took some more pics.

Attached Files:

16. Day 14:

Another watering down. I raised the light because they don't seem to be growing vertically. Wondering if I should move this thread to the indoor grow journals.

Attached Files:

17. Day 16.

They're getting huge. Very bushy plants with the exception of 1 that I think has the sativa phenotype. Another watering down. Enjoy the pics.

Attached Files:

18. #18 Kronicly Insane, Apr 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2014
    What's going on east bay? Plants looking good. Whey no reflector on the light? It will direct the upward light down to the plants. I'm growing a critical kush also. I just placed mine in flowering a few days ago. Check out my journal. I'm near the east bay too, I'm on the border of Bay Area and Sacramento valley. Good to see another grower from the area.

19. Nothing much, ki. I am growing vertically, so no reflectors, just bare bulb. Surprisingly, temps are great. They stay under 80, today was at 74. I stopped by your journal, can't wait to see them all bud. Really nice to see some one else from northern cali on here. Thanks for stopping by.

20. Day 21:
    Just completed another watering. I plan to use grow big the next time they I water. Been really busy/distracted so I was really surprised how big they are.

Attached Files: