To all of you who say Marijuana withdrawal is non-existent

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Mramazing42, Mar 10, 2014.

1. #61 Dr. Sheldon Cooper, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2015
    I don't think this explanation is analogous since weed doesn't deplete serotonin or dopamine, which is the cause of recoil in other drugs.

how is boredom a withdrawal symptom?

3. These withdrawal symptoms seem like more of a mild inconvenience to me. Lack of sleep and appetite? Irritability?…….

[​IMG]

4. I get like that when it rains for a few days in a row.
    I'm addicted to sunny days.

shit man if you lived here you would be in serious trouble

6. #66 VikingToker, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2015

Yes, it's undeniable, and anyone who wants to tell you otherwise might have a lot of personal, emotional stake in it not being true

I also suffer from weed withdrawals, I felt it just these last two weeks, though they are, compared to other kinds of withdrawal, much less harsh, and the effects are easier to mitigate. 

edit: poor spelling
    That said, it can't be denied, and there's a horde of blades who will see red as soon as anyone says anything negative about cannabis. Don't let the angry reactions affect you

7. Anger and irritability...sounds alot like what women deal with every month...get over it!! I have seen people coming off bad drugs and there is no comparison

8. oops I'm liking a bunch of old posts.

Yeah you feel something that can be technically classified as withdrawal but it's insignificant compared to the "real thing".

I feel like this argument is always primarily semantic.

9. I sweat endlessly for the first few days.  can't sleep, shaky hands.  I must be a fiend. 

10. always thought weed did deplete a certain amount of serotonin and dopamine depending on the strain and what kind of cannabinoids it contained. i could very well be wrong though. 

either way it's just like anything else you're doing. if weed makes you less depressed, helps sleep, and helps appetite, you are probably going to experience a bit of decline in those fields when you quit smoking it which is the main point i was trying to make

11. Yep, yin and yang, no escaping it.

12. I am sure its possible, we are all wired differently.  Only a small amount of people are allergic to the sun, why wouldnt a small group go through withdrawal while everyone else is fine?  I am no doctor though

13. The National Institute of Health has compared and rated cannabis against other common substances.
    There is a difference between a substance that is habituating and addictive.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425653758.186258.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. anything can be habitual. if you do something repeatedly it can be called a habit. weather it's weeks, months or years, it is a habit or a learned behaviour because of satisfaction or praise and re-enforcement. you need to think deep. I smoke weed because i have a good time is the same as:

When I go to see my girl and I put on that "aftershave", we all know what happens. and by that aftershave I mean chloroform and she don't know what happens ahaha :D

serious, behaviour reward and training are all the same thing. addiction is there when other people point it out.

that is probably, looking back, the deepest, sickest thing i've ever posted on the internet haha

15. ive smoked every day for 2 years and last week when drug driving law came in i decided to stop and do it on weekends and i dont feel any different except my back pains are more prominante. But other than that no problems.
    Its down to thw individual so if they have an addictive nature or if they find it hard to break a habit you may think you have with drawl but ita not phsyical withdrawl like you get from alcohol.. i also stopped tobacco with no issues too.

auto help page if you need help with autoflowers http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1294434-Need-help-with-autos?-Welcome

new vote page sept please vote http://www.dutch-passion.nl/en/photovote/2014-09-03-autoultimate%C2%AE-loki_1752/

16. It is purported by scientific literature (even my freshman year psych teacher said this) that thc builds up in your fat, and when you stop smoking, burning of this fat releases it, eliminating withdrawal symptoms.... however! If someone is say, skin and bone like me (120pds at 6'1") then they have no thc soaked fat to burn off, therefore creating true withdrawal symptoms that fatter people never experience. Those first few days off for me are ALWAYS miserable. I ain't got no fat! And I even work out to try and help my situation, but it never helps.

17. Yea it definitely depends on the person. When I wake up in the morning I have no appetite and will puke if I try to eat a full breakfast, but some of my friends can wake up and eat a fuckload of food. Same with the insomnia, I cant sleep without smoking before bed and I know some people that can pass out without smoking the whole day.
    Remember I am in NorCal smoking twice a day on some medical shit so my withdrawl symptoms may be stronger than most.

18. Only withdrawal I am having from marijuana is from my bank account.

19. I will experience slight irritability but that's the extent of "withdrawls"

using withdrawls and Marijuana in the same sentence is comical

you will experience worse "withdrawls" quiting caffeine