To all of you who say Marijuana withdrawal is non-existent

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Mramazing42, Mar 10, 2014.

1. #21 tehsouleater, Mar 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2014
    If you think that is a withdrawal you've never actually had withdrawal. Actual withdrawal includes much more vomiting, nightmares and shaking. Weed wont give you that, so weed doesn't give you withdrawals.

2. #22 edddch, Mar 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2014
    i googled the medical definition of withdrawal 
    substance withdrawal  a substance-specific mental disorder that follows the cessation of use or reduction in intake of a psychoactive substance that had been regularly used to induce a state of intoxication.

and i read a bit further

• Marijuana-loss of appetite, chills, weight loss, trouble sleeping or sleeping too much, irritability, feeling restless or nervous
    • Alcohol-shaking, hallucinations, seizures, confusion,anxiety, sweating, nausea
    • Barbiturates-weakness, tremors, hallucinations, lack of appetite, seizures
    • Opioids-abdominal pain or cramps, muscle aches, panic, tremors, sweating, nausea, diarrhea, fever, chills, irritability, goose pimples, runny nose, drug craving, inability to sleep, yawning
    • Benzodiazepines-abdominal pain or cramps, fast heartbeat, vomiting, tremors, seizures, anxiety
    • Cocaine-anxiety, feeling tired, depression
    • Amphetamines-depression, irritability, sleeping too much, muscle aches, abdominal pain
    \n\n\njust because you don't consider the symptoms to be serious enough or you just simply don't like how the term is usually used.. doesn't mean it's not withdrawal. 
    if you suffer any negative effect after you using any substance, however short the duration or however insignificant the effect is compared to other drugs, it is withdrawal. 
    And to people who truly don't suffer any of these symptoms after heavy usage, you are lucky i guess!  :hello:
    \nand yeah at one point i was a heavy smoker and i know how hard it is to quit a real addictive substance. (weed helped me quit smoking tho ;) )

3. I've been smoking close to 7 grams a day for the last 10 years, then I had to do a 6 month stint in prison. My first 14 days I didn't eat anything at all, save for a single slice of bread like twice. Had no appetite whatsoever. After that my normal appetite came back and I was fucking shit up. But I'm home now baby :) Vapin like a madman

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

4. This short post is all it took to prove the mj doesn't cause the withdrawals
    But the user causes the withdrawal like it would for breaking any other habit
    Such as feeding on cheeseburgers for a year then trying to stop.

Nice post Sapien!!!

5. Vitamins can make up for these effects.

6. I smoke everyday and my appetite is nonexistent until I've smoked. Works for me I'm tryin to lose weight.

7. Yep, I used to smoke heavily and when I quit cold turkey I had mental cravings for a month. Like my mind wanted the escape. My body was fine though. Anyways after a month I was fine. I got so used to not getting high that I went sober for 9 months... Glad I started smoking again though because my life is kinda boring :/ being high makes it a lot more interesting.

^.^

8. I think the withdrawals differ from person to person.

Some become agitated for instance, some become too tired to even feel irritated.

For me it's complete loss of appetite and complete and fucking utter anhedonia.

9. I get anhedonia too after long periods of smoking and then stopping. Don't even enjoy sex.

10. Lots of Cranberry & Pomegranate juice for me when I start the T breaks.  

11. #31 Deleted member 42976, Jan 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
    insomnia is the only negative effect i get when i take a tbreak or run out of weed and can't afford more.

it's also a bit harder to control my bipolar when i don't have weed. i get angry a lot more when i haven't smoked.

12. Thank you!

I think many pot smokers are way too defensive about their plant. I don't get physical withdrawals, but the anger and irritability after prolonged use and a sudden halt is something that cannot be overlooked.

Either way, I don't really care -- I smoke because I like it and I can afford it. I'm not really embarrassed to say that when people ask me why I smoke (mind you, in a condescending manner)... honestly, what can they say? I don't know why advocates have to write 10 page essays on it either.

To me, it just seems naive and makes one look desperate to prove something lol. It's a troll's heaven.

13. It is withdrawal by definition by definition. Just because it isn't as extreme as other withdrawal syndromes doesn't mean it isn't withdrawal.

14. "Here is my anecdotal evidence, take it as fact."

If you guys are seriously bitching about weed withdraws you're fucking soft.

There are symptoms of air withdrawls.

What are you getting at? 

If I stop drinking water I'm going to experience water withdrawls.

16. i know so many people, just about every single person that smokes, heavy daily users, who quit and didnt have any insomnia troubles, actually slept better not being stoned. not saying your body automatically is normal when going from smoking all day to none, but when your high all of the fucking time (huge waste of weed and tolerance and life) sober is going to feel different. and high goes for any amount of thc in your bloodstream. this thread is full of weak minded people, especially the guy who said "if your not having withdrawals your not smoking enough" Me and a group of friends used to load up in my car after class and smoke all damn day, id smoke before bed and school as well. I got a job and stopped smoking like i did after a year of it and no problems. of course still smoking after work, but i eventually quit the job and went back to getting high all day.

after another 2 years of that i decided to take a tolerance break for a few days at the least, still no problems I had dreams that were more vivid and lucid, ate just as normal as usual. truthfully i dont think that lack of weed has ever effected me negatively at all, just think and see a lot clearer. i think the night before the first day of school is way more nerve racking. fun fact of the day, weed withdrawal does not (exist) make you a stomach less zombie. if you get mad because you havent smoked, then either smoke up, or shut up and take a few breaths and realize you let a plant run your emotions. its different if you use medically and maybe ingest a shit ton of thc and cbds, orally and smoked, as they are actually helping with something somewhere.

for rec users, if you cant handle sobriety then you cant handle smoking, and i suggest you stop smoking and or posting here. all this talk of withdrawal gives weed, and yourselves, a horrible name. its like an alcoholic, if you cant handle not drinking and being sober then just dont drink because you look like a turd when constantly drunk and dont deserve to drink at all. some people have the assets and time or lifestyle to get stoned all the time, and i view it as a very fortunate thing since a shit ton of people still frown at the smell of pot. If your going to say you get withdrawals from pot, man (or woman) the fuck up and think about homeless unmentionable users and quit whining.

17. The issue is should we diminish the meaning of true withdrawal with some kids feeling not as hungry and can't sleep that well for a few days?

It's clearly withdrawal by definition but what's the point when that's NOT how someone would describe a true withdrawal symptom.

I'm thinking anyone who believes you can withdraw from weed just hasn't experienced real drug withdrawal, from alcohol or opiates for example. You get sick from these withdrawals, you miss work, you're miserable, it interferes with your ability to function.

I've gone from smoking every single day 3 times a day to zero, cold turkey, and never experienced anything more uncomfortable than just really wanting to toke up. No withdrawal symptoms except desiring to smoke weed for a few days, then no longer thinking about it.

19. #39 *guest, Jan 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2015

See I think it's okay to understand there can be withdrawal symptoms from both. 

I have been an addict and I have gone through actual, really terrible withdrawals that I won't even bother going into here. I don't think it's diminishing that to say that yeah I do feel some very minor and incredibly manageable withdrawals from quitting regular pot usage too. 

It's apples and oranges really. They're both fruits, but man are they different. 

Doesn't mean people can't feel shitty from quitting weed. Hell, I've felt that way when I was smoking a gram or so a day and quit. Food wasn't appetizing, sleeping was hard, I felt all bitchy and irritable.. 

Yeah it's nothing compared to withdrawals from other drugs, but there's no point in diminishing how people are feeling just because they haven't gone through worse, right? That doesn't help anyone. 

20. i have never had any "physical" withdrawal symptoms before, ever.  i have heard of people getting them though and certainly believe that they are telling the truth. I however have had mental issues. irritability, not sleeping right, needing extra strength midol, etc, etc. but aside from acting like a two year old, i think i am unaffected by physical symptoms. i feel for the people who do get them though. what a fucking bummer. 

good thread!