To all of you who say Marijuana withdrawal is non-existent

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Mramazing42, Mar 10, 2014.

1. After seeing the thread earlier about a guy asking about his marijuana withdrawals I was quite surprised how many people really believe there is no such thing as mj withdrawals.

There is TONS of legit proof proving that there is withdrawal symptoms (none of course as bad as most other drugs). 

I have first hand experience with these symptoms (When i go on my t-breaks after smoking multiple times a day, everyday of some dank medical shit). The only symptoms that I noticed were insomnia and loss of appetite but some people may experience some other symptoms.

Don't be ignorant just because you don't wanna believe that the magical plant has a few drawbacks when you quit for a week.

2. Yeah, I've noticed that after smoking nearly every day for two years, when I quit, I seem to get overly agitated.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Been smokin for 15 years and yes mj withdrawals are fuckin real... I have appetite loss and super fuckin agitated no joke. It ain't shit compared to other drugs but they do exist

4. Yea for the first 5 days or so after stopping I cant sleep worth shit and lost a few pounds because I am never hungry. What I say to people that say they don't get withdrawals is that you either aren't smoking often/enough or not smoking dank enough weed.

5. Oh yeah I'd agree on trouble sleeping as well. But all that goes away after a week to a month

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Nobody considers loss of sleep and appetite true withdrawals comparing that to shivering fevers and nausea from other substances

7. I stave off these pesky problems by continuously getting high B)

8. three symptoms of bud, happy sleepy hungry.  take that away and ofcourse you will be less hungry and sleepy

9. yeah i have trouble sleeping, eating, enjoying activities i usually do high, and sometimes i get agitated very easily

10. #10 420patient, Mar 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2014
    It's mental withdrawal not physical. Meening our bodies not addicted your mind is. No harm can accur like being addicted to heroin if you go cold turkey. You just have to get used to not being high, like others said it takes about a week.

11. change is difficult, yes.

eat cheeseburgers every day for a year and then take a week off.

common sense.

12. Yes you do get em only if you smoke every day for a while though and they're not as bad as caffeine withdrawls or any other drug which is why this myth of not having any at all exists. I take 2 days off a week these days and get no withdrawl symptoms, so it's only really if you've been abusing the herb will you get these.

13. Any one of those "symptoms" could be entirely psychosomatic, indeed some would say that those symptoms are always psychosomatic regardless of what the person blames it on.

What's missing here is causation, just because you quit smoking pot AND you feel some kind of physical discomfort doesn't mean that quitting pot CAUSED those effects. Too many interdependent factors go into things like sleep patterns and appetite to take anybody's word for the cause of their symptoms... emotional and mental state, stress levels, etc.

I know how and why certain drugs cause physical symptoms. What I haven't seen is the science behind marijuana withdrawals. What exactly is the scientific relationship between cannabis and physical dependence? The mental state of the user is my guess. Same logic behind the "gateway" theory, it's all about the mental state of the user, not the drug itself.

I could be wrong though, just my theory :bongin:

14. #14 lFourTwenty, Mar 10, 2014
    It is science...your body produces (x) amount of dopamine. When you flood your body with high levels of dopamine daily, your body stops producing its own dopamine. Your body will start to produce its own dopamine in a few days after quitting smoking, but there are things you can do to speed it up..I heard taking omega 3's is the best thing to do.

15. #15 dubaba, Mar 10, 2014
    Yea I get loss of appetite and its harder to go to sleep. But, that makes sense considering weed makes you hungry and sleepy, so if your high 24/7 of course your gunna lose those things when you stop smoking.

Ive gone from smoking a gram or two a day to not smoking at all 3 times in the past few years and its been no problem at all. It aint shit compared to quitting cigs, and cigs aint shit compared to other drugs but I wouldnt know about that.

16. there a major difference in withdrawal and the effects of simply not taking a drug anymore

17. Yeah, I feel like I need to be stoned in order to want to eat something.  

18. #18 CrispyBacon, Mar 10, 2014
    Lool, the f.. you guys are getting the shivers and shiz from quitting weed for a few days? :laughing:

Seriously..been smoking for years and when i had to stop, the first couple days sure you feel like you want to get baked..but the craving goes away fast and you don't have these opiate type wihdtrawal affects...

19. #19 semprfidelis, Mar 10, 2014
    It's all in the head! People don't understand what's going on it's no "withdrawals" because if you smoke for a year straight and take a break for a month on your own choice you won't even sweat it the next day. Sure you may crave it that's because it's a habit. But I've been on withdrawals from certain pills and I promise you that if you have a real withdrawal you'll look at weed and laugh. If you tell yourself you are experiencing withdrawals it's only going to get worse and or it's just your own personal habits that make you feel like shit(diet/sleep/exercising)

20. insomnia, lack of appetite, irritability, depression, boredom