Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Where to go my first time getting high?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by RealRatBastard, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Hello everyone.

With my pipe on its way:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/dry-pieces-spoons-sherlocks/1288157-just-bought-my-first-pipe.html

and my first purchase already made:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/apprentice-tokers/1288548-30-18-giga-bud.html

It will not be too long before the fated "first time" is upon me.

After reading this forum for a while I have heard many people say that one should go somewhere and 'experience the outside world' the first time.

So, I have narrowed it down to two possibilities.

1. The Beach. Living in southern California this seems a given.

2. The park. I live right near a park that features both artistic sculptures and nature trails. It's been a favorite spot of mine even before I got "into" the herb.

However, I am also worried about making this into a big deal. I know the whole point is to mellow out and see things in ways you didn't before, so I worry that all this planning might work against me.

Any thoughts?

Thanks again,
    The Fuckin' New Guy

2. Sometimes I like to make a big event, but a the most fun to me is just lighting up in my back hard. Real comfy.

Not your average smoker 😏

3. If only I had a back yard.

I live in a studio apartment in the middle of a suburbia. 

4. Hmmm then maybe a balcony?

5. I do have a balcony out front. No furniture/chairs to sit on, though.

6. Well I would always recommend somewhere you feel comfortable being.

7. You may not even get high your first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. nice! 
    first i wish you a good experience with your first time!

Yes i would also recommend being somewhere you feel absolutely safe and comfortable.
    weed can sometimes have a negative effect on new users. You won't know exactly what you were feeling.
    I'm more careful and not as social. So I would smoke at home on the couch with music playing in the back!
    watch cartoons, listening to trippy music. all pretty fun things i loved to do when i first started smoking :p 

I don't know if you live near the beach or a park, dont smoke where you have to drive to get home afterwards. it's very dangerous for inexperienced smokers. 

9. Yeah, I'd have to drive ether place...

Maybe I'll just chill at home and watch Mythbusters or something.

10. I really think your first time should be with at least one person you really trust in a comfortable environment without and danger aka like getting caught by someone or legal trouble. I wish my first time was less stressful. Tell me how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. Go to the forest and toke up for your first time, maybe by a lake. You will feel amazing, one with nature almost

12. I live near the elfin forest. That's right near Lake Wulford.

13. mythbuster is my favorite show lol, but i think you will have trouble understanding it haha explosions and slow mo shots are cool to watch when high.

whatever it is you do, beach or whatever, you will get to smoke more in the future. the key here is not to risk freaking out for your first time. 

14. Very fair point.

I'd hate to have a paranoid first time.

15. That's a myth. Most people, including me when I first did it, don't know how to smoke correctly their first time. 

As for the op's question.. do it somewhere not very stressful. And I'd say you can do it alone. Unlike psychedelics and all that shit, you wont feel overpowered by how high you are. Unless you have schizophrenia or some kind of mental illness that could skew it, you'll feel fucking incredible.

16. Yeah you might be better off trying it in a comfortable environment like in front of a tv with some chill friends or something. Go get high at the beach after you know what being stoned feels like. If you do get high, you'll most likely be on the moon and it'll be easy to get paranoid and such.

17. Go they're go toke up. In Minnesota, I do it it all the time and it's an adventure you will love

18. Thinks the thread should change to "First place you ever got high." Mine was Johnson's Pond with this crazy dude we called Psycho Timmy who, while lighting his farts, caught his pants on fire and had to jump into said Johnson's Pond to extinguish his trousers. Circa 1981.

Sent from this POS ATT charges me $80/month to use.

19. #19 Monte_Cristo, Mar 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2014
    THIS IS AN EXCELLENT IDEA...even seasoned stoners would enjoy this.

Get some munchies and stuff and just hangout. You may not get high your first time so you want to be able to try again an hour or so later if it doesn't hit you the first time. Plus it would hella suck if you were out from home smoking your first time and got pinched by the police with that sick bowl and that weed on you.

20. DO NOT drive your first time man, serious. You will be so high you won't even attempt to drive (hopefully) and wind up stuck. You'll probably end up sleeping off the end of the high honestly. If you don't have anyone that's experienced to drive you around your better off staying at home. Driving once you get some experience is no problem though really, makes alot of people myself included drive more focused and cautious (not to mention you don't get pissed off at other drivers as easy) but you gotta know your limit and you will for sure be way over it your first time.