diy grow box help

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by stonedman420, Mar 9, 2014.

1. And I know this question is in the wrong spot but IDC. I forgot my password and I did the forgot password on the app and I'm still waiting for the email. How long until I get the email ? I'm still waiting since yesterday

2. I started my grow this year. First time. Bought my own house no kids or female to bother me and the only people that know are on here :)

Anyway i thought i had it all ready... Its a learning process everyday. Since im not worried about space i have dedicated my 2nd bathroom as the operation zone.

Currently im using 1 45 watt cfl daylight bulb on my little girl. I was given a metal halide ballast and brand new grow bulb but im going to use that for my next harvest.

Under that i have a 32 watt bulb for my seedling that i just put in the dirt today... Taproot up Ace!!!

I plan on using cfls for this whole grow. As she matures im going to introduce more of the red spectrum using the soft white bulb.. Make it a bit more like nature.

Im only 11 days in and she is drinking alot of water. Its going to be to be time to start feeding her soon. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1395959676.276502.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1395959720.631411.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1395959744.199192.jpg

Paging Dr. Green Thumb

3. #23 stonedman420, Mar 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2014
    you're plant don't look to good looks like a little note burn give your plant straight water for a day or two to flush out the nutes and cut back on the nutes for a bit

4. And move the light closer to the plant and you should get at least 2 14 watt bulbs and make a grow box if your only doing one plant

5. Thanks for the input. I haven't added anything to it yet. Just water. Iv been a stickler on keeping the ph in the 5.5 range.. In the yellow.

I also thought she looked sick. Could it be the soil I'm using?

Im also concerned that the temps were to low for a couple of days.. Like. 63 degrees and she stalled for about 2 days.

Iv just moved her from a closet where i had a 400w mh. it is a old mh ballast but new grow bulb. I noticed my kilowatt hours were going crazy and then the next day i saw the meter reader.. Weird?? Or am i paranoid?

I do plan on adding more light. Here is the soil. Any input on this?? I bought it from the local
    Hydro shop.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1395964592.305224.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1395964632.556979.jpg

Paging Dr. Green Thumb

6. Paging Dr. Green Thumb

7. forget the mh bulb go cfl all they way. Go to home depot or lowes and pick up a 4 pack of clfs ateast 20 watt. ( not equivalent) and are you using tin foil?? Bad idea. You'll get hot spots and burn the plant. You can make a box for about 100 and use flat white paint. And you need to bring the pH to ateast a 6.

8. Thanks for the input. Im removing the foil as now. I have 8 23 watt daylight and soft white. Im thinking of adding a 23 watt daylight along with the 45 watt cfl.

Paging Dr. Green Thumb

9. How many lumens per bulb? You would need at least 2000 lumens per plant. 5000 lumens and up is the perfect range. (The sun puts out 10,000 lumens)

10. Right now im at 4150 with a 45watt and 23 watt. Think ill take a trip to the home depot and get some new bulbs.

Paging Dr. Green Thumb

11. You should be good for now. In a few days flip the lights to 12-12 so you can start to flower. The shorter the plant the better and if your trying to go for quantity and quality look up main lining. Its basically getting multiple tops instead of getting the Christmas tree look.

12. My light fell on my plant and broke this leaf on my purple diesel that just sprouted. (Pic is of old plant using as reference) think it will survive

Attached Files: