diy grow box help

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by stonedman420, Mar 9, 2014.

1. i plan on converting my dresser (69" long (5'9") (35 1/2" two halves)  27" high  17" deep) i know everything i want to get for it. all im having trouble with is the lights. i want to use cfls but i dont know how many i should get. im looking for 65watt clfs (not 65watt equivelent) im trying to go for at least 4 plants with the bonzi method (instead of one top you get 4+ tops) any advice would be greatly appericated. and any tips on nutes and everything would be great. (im  kinda poor so the cheeper the better)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Get as many of the CFL you can afford and get feminized seeds so you don't waste time on a male.

You can buy single seeds here.

http://www.worldwide-marijuana-seeds.com/

If you can get clones locally  go that route. clones are so much bushier.

good luck.

• Like Like x 2
  3. I don't have money to be buying seeds. What would be some good ORGANIC nutes and fertilizers

• Like Like x 1
    I use bone meal, blood meal, earthworm castings, liquid seaweed and fish emulsion when I grow organically. Compost tea.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Any more advice please

Get some lights up and plant any seeds you can get in solo plastic cups and get started.

7. Read, research, take notes. Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.

8. dude that's literally all I do is smoke (unless I'm dry and I am) research and take notes. There's to much bull online

9. For worm castings would it be easier to get some worms from say a bait shop and have them make they're own castings. Or should I get worm castings without the worms for now?

10. yes you can. The dirt the are packed in is earthworm castings with dirt. These woud be better to use if you have a compost pile so they can multiply. But yeah get a bunch, clean out the worms, mix in the soil. Many things can be used as organic nutes but all it will do is start a flame war. Google home made organic plant nutrients and research on farming sites for good examples.

11. Flame war haha well here's my set up. I'm only using a 3rd of the space for now cuz I'm broke and yes I did move the lights down

Attached Files:

12. Just some updates. One plant going good the others said fack you to me. Luckily buddy gave me some seeds

13. Here's the one growing strong

Attached Files:

14. Is my plant fine or is there something wrong

Attached Files:

15. Looks fine to me. Why do you think something is wrong?

16. how do you feed the plants like this? im new also and are all these things you listed nutes? (not sure if i shouldve asked that question in reverse lol) i wanna do my first grow organically but i have no knowledge of how to start and feed, ive done my studying in everything but my grow mediums because im having some trouble understanding the whole concept but if you have any info or links please lmk!!!  :smoke:  :hello:

• Like Like x 1
  17. I'm currently using mericlegrow (I know I can't spell shut up) in the box of fretalizer there is a scoop with 2 sides a big spoon and a small one. I only use a quarter of the small spoon

18. My stem broke with 2 leaves on Wtf :'(

Attached Files:

19. Dude same thing happened to me, leave it a couple days and it should sprout new roots.mine took about a week to regrow roots.

20. I pulled it out a few days ago and I found luckly a purple diesel seed in a bag I got.