Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

what does a grinder do??

• Please log in to reply

J_Bone

J_Bone

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 118 posts
now i have always just smoked the nugget straight up, but i hear alot of talk about grinders what do they do???

Chronikal

Chronikal

[=(Ripped)=]

• Registered Upgraded
  • 471 posts
It grinds the bud up to increase its surface area. Used alot in the UK when rolling joints. You can get plastic, metal or ceramic grinders in all different shapes sizes and colours!
Btw that is one freaky ass sig picture, making SWIM trip balls man >_<

PrimaryLotus

PrimaryLotus

Karma Crusader

• Registered Upgraded
  • 577 posts
A grinder grinds your weed into smaller particles so that you can pack it in easier and get it cherried easier.

allsmokedank

allsmokedank

piss off yo.

• Registered Upgraded
  • 784 posts
consult Mitch Hedburg's kitchen appliance naming rule

what it does, then put "-er" after it

it grinds up the weed into smaller pieces.

bloodshot eyes

bloodshot eyes

reggae stylee

• Registered Upgraded
  • 338 posts
Hell yeah dude i was totally just thinking about that bit mitch hedberg does thats shits to funny i love that guy.
"Whats does that do?"
"It keep things fresh"
"Well thats a fresher, im going on break"
lol im smoke later n listen to him lol

lyo616

lyo616

• Registered Upgraded
  • 201 posts
Yea homie it breaks down ya weed, me myself i use one everyday

Always-Dazed

Always-Dazed

Where am I again?

• Registered Upgraded
  • 199 posts
Many people love their nug straight up. What I PERSONALLY prefer is to toss the nug into my grinder and give it a few spins!

A grinder takes that nug and, well, grinds it into much smaller pieces. This makes smoking so much better!!! You'll find that grinding your weed makes it much easier to smoke. The weed is extremely easy to handle and pack into TIGHT bowls. You can fit a lot more ground up pot in a bowl than just straight chunks. The bowl will burn more evenly, cherry very easily... The biggest difference is that grinding increases surface area of the weed, which makes it a lot easier to burn; this means that it is possible to take hits with more smoke in them than ever before. My roommate doesn't grind his pot, I do, he always looks over at me when am hitting Mercedes (our bong) and says "Damn, that was huge!".

I would recommend that you invest in a grinder with a kief collector! The kief collector will eventually accumulate a lot of super-high potency powder that you can sprinkle onto a bowl.

Do some research on the net and at your local headshop.

I don't know how I ever lived without a grinder!

J_Bone

J_Bone

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 118 posts
so u really recomend 1?? i really dont mind the harsh hits i LOVE! my shotgun and none of my friends can use it! but yea i will look into it thanx for the advice

Offspring123

Offspring123

Waiting For My Ruca

• Old School
  • 753 posts
I wouldnt buy one without a kief collector because you can just grind it up with your fingers.

jhoppa

jhoppa

• Registered Upgraded
  • 267 posts

I wouldnt buy one without a kief collector because you can just grind it up with your fingers.

agreed.

the only reason i bought mine was for the kief collector. its not like weed is hard to break up with your fingers.

witchdr420

witchdr420

Old School

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
I use a grinder for j's when the green has been bricked.
Tip: Look at the tobacco in a cigarette. You want the smoking matter to be similar.
Grind the stems and green, stop when you still feel resistance or you will end up with powder. The stems help hold the material together and make the j smoke evenly-just like a manufactured cig. Nice when you're driving.

GreenLantern420

GreenLantern420

RIP

• Old School
  • 4,673 posts

Many people love their nug straight up. What I PERSONALLY prefer is to toss the nug into my grinder and give it a few spins!

A grinder takes that nug and, well, grinds it into much smaller pieces. This makes smoking so much better!!! You'll find that grinding your weed makes it much easier to smoke. The weed is extremely easy to handle and pack into TIGHT bowls. You can fit a lot more ground up pot in a bowl than just straight chunks. The bowl will burn more evenly, cherry very easily... The biggest difference is that grinding increases surface area of the weed, which makes it a lot easier to burn; this means that it is possible to take hits with more smoke in them than ever before. My roommate doesn't grind his pot, I do, he always looks over at me when am hitting Mercedes (our bong) and says "Damn, that was huge!".

I would recommend that you invest in a grinder with a kief collector! The kief collector will eventually accumulate a lot of super-high potency powder that you can sprinkle onto a bowl.

Do some research on the net and at your local headshop.

I don't know how I ever lived without a grinder!

Haha me too man, me too.:D

OP;
Definitly get a grinder with a kif screen, it'll be worth every penny

smoketofloyd

smoketofloyd

is high right now

• Registered Upgraded
  • 642 posts
I got a wooden sweetleaf....its awesome and soon im getting a big 4 piece aluminum with kief screen. It will change your life bro, buy like an 8 buck acrylic just to try iot, they r awesome.

SupremeBeam

SupremeBeam

poo poo

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,165 posts
grinders are well worth it if you smoke blunts or joints very often. also with bongs you can get amazing rips using grinded bud. i love my grinder, i love the kief screen more though. Cause i have a hash press so i can make discs of hash.

PrimaryLotus

PrimaryLotus

Karma Crusader

• Registered Upgraded
  • 577 posts
J Bone, if you really wanna get a nice shotgun, grind that shit up big time, and then torch the hell out of it. When its ground up it allows more oxygen to get through so that the fire gets bigger so you get bigger hits. I guarantee you'll like the shotgun more afterwards.

russianroulette

russianroulette

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
i just got a grinder and a bubbler from a friend for $20, i had never used a grinder before, either toking the nug, or breaking it up with my fingers, or using a knife, a grinder was well worth it, it does a better job, especially for rolling joints when this is important, and helped me to pack better bowls, and it collects all the kif, and the one i got was my friends and she used it so much and only sold it to me cause her parents didnt like having her as a tenant with her smoking, and were searching her room latley, and it wasnt working properly cause of all the kif caked up on the outside where the two halves are touching, and i scraped it off and smoked it and felt it after one hit, so basically a grinder is well worth the investment, and you can grind up as much or as little as you want and keep in in there by putting a rubber band around it.

Mrd00d

Mrd00d

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,306 posts
Grinders are really really cool. I've got a metal one w/ kief collector and use it regularly for a nice bowl for my bong or for rolling a j...

Muff420

Muff420

Eatin muff, smokin blunts

• Registered Upgraded
  • 891 posts
to answer your question a grinder ............ grinds :poke:

Ẅest Čoast

Ẅest Čoast

i'm just a soul whose intentions are good

• Registered Upgraded
  • 10,260 posts
if your gonna get a metal grinder...there was a post on here a while ago about putting ur grinder in the freezer for an hour or so before grinding up the weed...this way you get more kief...i think you get more kief because the metal gets a bit frosty and you all know when u touch frosty metal ur skin sticks to it...so i think more kief sticks to the frosty metal surface of the grinder when u grind up the weed.

skidoo

skidoo

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 884 posts

No way man. A 5 dollar plastic ball grinder is waaaaaay better than fingers. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better.

Even if you don't spring for a grinder with a kief collector, definitely get a grinder.

Besides, if you want to smoke a bunch of kief, no need to drop 50 bucks on a SpaceCase or whatever.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users