Notifications not working

Discussion in 'Forum Tech Questions, Problems and Troubleshooting' started by Ẅest Čoast, Mar 9, 2014.

[​IMG]

It works because it is fixed.

3. We also applied some changes , 

Now we will save only 30 day long Notifications , any notification that is older then 30 day will be deleted by system. This used to be 90 days. 
    We updated cron schecule for old notification removals to a shorter period. For the next couple days system will continue to drop old notifications from database so that system will get back to very fast working mood.

4. Looking forward to no more glitches, thanks Lizard King :smoking: 

What she ^ said. :D

6. I logged in and had 4410 notifications..lmao

7. #47 Lizard King, Apr 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2014

Server killer :D

but i seem to had over 50k notifications stored only under my name

the total numbers seem to reach to a crazy level :)

8. I can only imagine what my list of notifications looks like!  :eek:  Partly because it's a "slow day" if I get fewer than a half-dozen "likes", so there would be a LOT of them, and partly because I can't access them right now!  It starts to drop down, but the "chasing arrows" never appear, the drop-down shrinks in size, and then nothing more happens! :cry:

"Messenger" is working just fine, though! :hello:

Granny

Granny, check my posts #32 and 35 to maybe fix your problem, if you're using Firefox anyway. It might work for other browsers too. :D

10. I don't know what the tech boys and gals did, but it is working now! :yay:

Thank you!

Granny

11. This is still a problem for me, and it's been going on for over a month.

12. This is a specific issue to your computer then as this issue is not happening anymore.  You need to investigate what problem you are having on your side.

In case you haven't read the posts here in the past week or so, try these two things:

Delete all of your notifications, or,

I don't know if this will work under these circumstances, but try deleting all of your cookies. If you don't know how to do that, post back.

Or even try deleting just a couple pages of your notifications, I have like 150 pages of them but deleting just like 3 or 4 pages somehow made my notifications work again just fine :confused_2: 

But yeah I'd also clear the cookies/cache

15. From 8 mil stored notifications we are now down to 950k :) 

Yup, they've been getting trimmed down the last few days...I'm down to only about 3K now as opposed to my previous 10K+...:cool:

This worked! I love you JD :love:

18. #58 Dopenologist, May 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2014
    My notifications stopped working; it shows me I have likes but when I click on it the drop-down menu loads and closes quickly (nothing is displayed) - i can click my name and go to my-profile and click LIKE to view them, but no menu.

So you are a person who choose not to read :)

All community members learned your habit now :)

The what what what now :confused: