Notifications not working

Discussion in 'Forum Tech Questions, Problems and Troubleshooting' started by Ẅest Čoast, Mar 9, 2014.

1. The lizard king rocks...:D

2. Same here. Thanks to whoever. :D

3. Aha, so he fixed it?

Was he ripped? lol

4. He was actually sleeping...middle of the night where he is...:(

He's not only a genius, but a stand up dude...:)

He's around now though...making sure all is good and preparing to kick some ass...:cool:

5. [​IMG] Kule! [​IMG]

Tell him "thanks!" [​IMG]

6. I miss the old forums. 

7. #27 BlazedGlory, Mar 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2014
    Still a problem for me at least.

8. I'll raise my hand high too this happens to me consistently :-( it's never just resolving itself :-(

Windows 8.1 Google Chrome

9. Back to not working.

10. I can also start to reproduce this on safari , investigating it

Heh, it's been a year already.

FWIW, my notifications are not working now.

12. Something I just discovered, if your notifications are not working. It works for me, anyway (with Firefox), give it a try.

Put your cursor over "Notifications," and right click it. This may depend on how you have your FF menus set up, but then I click "Open in a new tab" ("Open in a new window" will also work) and you're done. Instead of dropping down, the notifications will be in their own tab.

At least it's a work-around until they get it fixed. I was going nuts, seeing new "Notifications" and not having a clue what they were. :mad:

13. I finally got this problem today.  Using Opera.  I right clicked notifications and opened in new window but even in the new window the problem persisted.  I fixed it by clearing all of my notifications.

Heh . . . :(

15. Okay, you suckkas  . . . just learned something else new.

I brought my "Notifications" page up (as I described a few posts above) and decided to delete everything. I have not done this at least since they changed over to the new format last May.

Lo and behold, my "Notifications" link works like normal now.

Didn't somebody mention this same thing up above about a different browser? I'm too fucked up to look back while I'm posting, WTF I'll click the wrong thing and lose everything. :(

16. Not sure if that's really the core problems or not, but if people can fix it by clearing their old notifications, great...:cool:

I haven't cleared mine for a good while...I have 157 pages of notifications and I haven't had a problem at all...

17. The issue is way weirder then any of us expected, investigations still go on , we will update you once we have more info.

Thanks . . . :D

I have well over a hundred pages of notifications, but I went back and deleted a few pages of them and my notifications drop down seems to be working fine now. 

Weird, but yay! Thanks, Fizzly. :smoking: 

20. The problem keeps coming and going for me.  Still using Opera 20.  Very inconsistent this past couple weeks.  Working good now.