Am I taking a turn for the worse?

Discussion in 'Fashion & Lifestyle Trends' started by Jpc636, Mar 9, 2014.

1. #1 Jpc636, Mar 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2014
    :bongin:

2. There's no such thing as a stoner stereotype, if your a lazy good for nothing then that's what u are smoking weed has nothing to do with that

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Yeah man, like @[member="jtwpayne"] said, only you can bring you down. Moving away from football isn't a downgrade in lifestyle, just a change in lifestyle. You'll find hobbies to stimulate your senses. There may be a stereotype set into the social world that potheads are lazy. Smoking weed may make someone lazy, but it's up to that someone to realize this and turn it around. if you're a lazy dude, weed will probably make you a lazier dude. But if you're into being active, playing sports and what not, i doubt you'd let yourself succumb to the "stoner" stereotype. 

4. If you're really worried, maybe you shouldn't be using cannabis. Ultimately, you are in control of your life and the decisions you make. If weed is negatively impacting your life, its up to you to recognize those impacts and make changes. Many people are successful and use cannabis because they have a good balance in life and know their priorities. You just have to know what you want and do it. If you want more time for school and studies, then stop football, it would be a good choice because it will positively impact your education which leads to better jobs, money, ect. Weed won't make you dumb, you just have to know how to use it right. But if you stop football and be high all day without accomplishig anything, then that's your own fault from the decisions you made. So basically, be smart about smoking and you can still do anything you want.

I'm worried that others would see it as affecting my life negatively and if I say that this is what I actually want to do, that "You're only saying that because you're addicted!"

I like to think that I have a good balance. I always make sure I get stuff done before I smoke, and when I do smoke I have made sure there is nothing that requires brainpower to be done, normally that's just late at night. I don't smoke all day, I just feel that I'm not able to keep up football and grades at the same time. I used to like football more, but I've lost interest in it recently. I decided that I do need to focus on school more, and that the possibility of me getting an athletic scholarship is next to 0, so if I don't really like it anymore and there's minimal benefit (If any!), why should I do it?

I guess my real point here is, I couldn't determine if my lifestyle was changing because of cannabis or something else. A little bit paranoid I guess :p 

6. I quit playing sports after high school. The idea of being on a team didn't sound very appealing to me anymore. Initially my parents didn't agree with my decision, but I started lifting so they couldn't bitch or anything haha.. So it's not that I'm smoking and sitting on my ass all day. Plus lifting eliminates my guilty conscience of smoking multiple times a day and being lazy!

7. There's no such thing as a stoner stereotype,