Questions about Pax Vapor

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by MunchiesMan78, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Hey Grasscity. I had a few questions about the Pax Vaporizer. I was wondering if the Vapor quality is any good. Does it taste good? Is the temperature good? Also, does the vapor smell? Does it produce a lot of vapor or not that much? Answers to these questions would be greatly appreciated because I'm thinking of buying a Pax but I was just curious about the vapor quality and wanted to know.

2. Taste is below average for a vape. Smell is above average for a vape. It can produce a lot of vapor if packed correctly. 

3. I used to have a Pax vaporizer man, it was a decent little device. The temperature is just fine on medium (390F) in my opinion. It does not produce that satisfying vape hit an experienced toker would be looking for. It has practical use, if you bring it to a party girls will love to hit it and it is so easy for them to use. It's very stylish but very pricey, I'd rather go with a solo or pinnacle pro to be honest. Both produce much better hits. The Pax is a real bitch to clean and it's impossible to clean all of it at once. The taste can be fucking great with a pungent strain and the smell is pretty easy to get away with (I work in a kitchen and would hit it on the line). I think the true value is more like $150, just a step above the MFLB in overall value IMO.

4. #4 MunchiesMan78, Mar 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2014
    Yeah, I was watching a video about how to clean it and it took the guy 12 minutes to clean the whole thing. You also needed like 6 different things in order to clean it. Before I was excited but now I'm uncertain :(

the pinnacle pro looks like an ecig and hit wonderfully, I suggest getting the water pipe attachment too

6. Isn't the pinnacle pro larger than the pax? Also does the water pipe attachment make the vapor cooler? If so I'm gonna have to watch some reviews on this thing and see how good it is :D

7. Cleaning it after about a month becomes a once every five time thing. It ruins the convenience of it. Mflb is a great device and I'd also look into the newish DaVinci ascent. Haven't tried it but it will probably be my next

Sent from my HTC One using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Vapor Quality  7-9/ 10

Taste can be absolutely kick ass with fruity strains :)

Smell is decent in an enclosed room but can stink up if you're vaping for too long. Great if used outside.

9. Yeah I'm just worried if I'm gonna have a hard time cleaning it :(

10. I got the same problem. First I wanted the Pax then became unsure now idk which vape to get lol. I might be leaning towards the pinnacle pro because it seems to be the best bang for the buck.

Cleaning needs to be thorough. It isn't bad. I use it 3-5 times daily and have for a year. I need to clean it once a week, and a thorough cleaning once every two weeks. Keep your eye out for the Grasshopper vape. It looks promising and should hit the market in a month or so. And at $99, I'm getting two.

12. Wow I'll have to check it out :D

13. I got the Pax and I'm thrilled with it....

I love my PAX. I've had quite a few, and the Iolite v1.2 was my second favorite. The temps were low enough to keep the odor down, bu because of it's design it was almost like a hybrid convection/conduction the way the wir came in through the heat chamber. But the PAX is pretty damn user friendly and quick to load and use. Plus it sucked having to carry butane for long trips, and good butane was hard to find. 90% of complaints about it are just people that don't take care of their shit. I take care of mine. lol. But this Grasshopper vape looks pretty sweet. It pulls superheated air through the consumables so it is convection and conduction with variable temps, like a cross between the best of the PAX and Iolite.  I can't wait for it.