WorkingMans Redneck Paradise

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by WorkingMan, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Okay all the girls are up and light hungry. It looks like they may have wanted the light this morning, because they aren't looking as robust tonight, so rather than taking any chances I threw a couple of 4' grow bulbs on them. We'll see how they look in the morning, when they all get potted and set under my workbench with the light right on them to get them moving before they hit the Sun. 

2. Biggest reason I germ in my cups under t5s or my 400 watt Metal Halide as soon as they pop through soil they see light. Never any stretch.

3. Looking good WM you have a lot of the same strains as me!  I always had shitty germination luck, but this year things I'm using heat mats and germination domes and things are looking up.  Soaked Sunday, Planted Monday, over half up by Wednesday...today perhaps more...got em under a homemade T5 contraption I built and it's getting crowded :ey:

4. The Girls all look happier this morning, once my Wife is up and awake, I'll get them in the pots.

5. The Mrs. talked me out of putting them in pots today, she was right they are a bit stressed. I like this system of germing but I think I can improve on it next time. I was DUMB...I should have tested it with some bag seed.

6. All the girls had a good day. A couple of them are looking a little wimpy, but they seem stronger every day. So far I'm still calling it 100%.  I'll post some pics tomorrow, company is here tonight....

7. GREAT Morning here in the Heartland. Suns up, no clouds, the day after payday and all the Bills got paid. :) (And I still have a few $$) I'm headed out to an auction here in a few, looking into buying another Enduro, or 2.

The Girls got some sleep. If I can get some time today without company here (Not likely) I'm moving them into Pots. The Rapid Rooters have roots coming out on many, and all of the Autos are throwing the tap root out already.  

There are a couple that are all twisted up. I need to make sure I note somehow which ones were struggling and see if it affects them ad they mature. Maybe I have a Forrest Gump on my hands... lol

Opinions, thoughts, and advice are always welcome.

Attached Files:

8. Wow that's quite a seed popping extravaganza!  Good work

9. I had to get the plugs in soil, they had roots coming out of them....

Attached Files:

10. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__HPfmvaWRw&feature=kp

11. Get as much light as possible as close aspossible to those seedlings they are hella stretched out.

12. Got them in the Sun for the day, moving back under the fluorescent when it gets to dusk. Is 24 hours to much?  

13. 16/8 if they are bound for the outdoors

14. Some do 15/9 too but really just figure out what ur light schedule is in ur area for the time ur planting andtry to match that as close asu can.

15. Thats about what it is here right now. 

16. 10 days old. The soil isn't as warm as I would like it, I'll address that next time, and I think I need better lights too. But for now I tented things and brought the soil temp up to 65+ from 60.

That last image is a double head from 1 seed... odd.

Whaddya think? 

WM

Attached Files:

17. Out of the whole mix I have 2 that are struggling. If they don't snap out of it soon they are gone. I've got a fes more seeds I need to start, so making room...

18. #98 OldPork, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2014
    Things look good here WM.  A little stretchy but they'll make it.  It's always very tricky when they are at this stage.  If they flop over get some pipe cleaners to prop them up like I did with mine in these pics.  You may wanna get them outside in some air and indirect sun for a couple hours per day, but try to avoid the intense sun (from 12 noon - 2pm) for a few days, you dont wanna dry out the cotyledons (the 1st round baby leaves) which contains their primary source of food at this point.  Mist them a few times per day out of the sun, and let them dry out some between waterings.  Put a light breeze from an oscillating fan on them to simulate wind which will make the stems stronger.  Adjust it so they just sort of dance in the breeze.  When you transplant, bury them up to the cotyledons, and go with containers similiar to this, which will keep them for a month or so.  With the amount of stretching you have I would transplant in about a week.

nursery_pot.JPG

19. Right now they are in 4" pots. I was considering going from here to the earth?

Sent from my PH44100 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. Just home from the J O B and the girls like the added heat the plastic provided, they look to have jumped up. I'be got the soil temp up to 75 now.

I dropped 2 CaliMist seeds and thats it for now. Once I get these all in and settled I may look for at another round of summer autos. A late August crop to wet the whistle a bit.